EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Terminal

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

User avatar
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
Posts: 11651
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 3130 times
Been thanked: 4469 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by HEPZIBAH »

A-Four wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:I just hope the new revamped T2 has a better choice of places to eat and drink than at T5. I could not believe how limited it was at T5 when I used it.
Well, it will have a John Lewis store within the complex, believe that or not, but true.

:urm: I won't want to buy a matching bundle of towels, I shall be needing large glasses of fresh orange juice, cups of decent coffee and possibly a breakfast or light meal. :roll:


Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

User avatar
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm
Location: Worcester, UK
Has thanked: 1185 times
Been thanked: 1265 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by Brian Yare »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:I just hope the new revamped T2 has a better choice of places to eat and drink than at T5. I could not believe how limited it was at T5 when I used it.
Well, it will have a John Lewis store within the complex, believe that or not, but true.

:urm: I won't want to buy a matching bundle of towels, I shall be needing large glasses of fresh orange juice, cups of decent coffee and possibly a breakfast or light meal. :roll:
There are a few options. See http://www.heathrowairport.com/shop,-ea ... urants-a_z for details. :wi :br :eat :mo

User avatar
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
Posts: 11651
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 3130 times
Been thanked: 4469 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by HEPZIBAH »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
A-Four wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:I just hope the new revamped T2 has a better choice of places to eat and drink than at T5. I could not believe how limited it was at T5 when I used it.
Well, it will have a John Lewis store within the complex, believe that or not, but true.

:urm: I won't want to buy a matching bundle of towels, I shall be needing large glasses of fresh orange juice, cups of decent coffee and possibly a breakfast or light meal. :roll:
Brian Yare wrote: There are a few options. See http://www.heathrowairport.com/shop,-ea ... urants-a_z for details. :wi :br :eat :mo
Yes, Bombay posted an appropriate link a few hours ago and I acknowledged it then.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

User avatar
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm
Location: Worcester, UK
Has thanked: 1185 times
Been thanked: 1265 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by Brian Yare »

HEPZIBAH wrote:Yes, Bombay posted an appropriate link a few hours ago and I acknowledged it then.
Sorry, I tend to only read the most recent posts when a thread goes onto multiple pages, so didn't notice that Bombay hat already supplied the link.

At least T2 has a Wetherspoons. The one in T3 had been removed before my last visit, and the replacement was not very customer-friendly. :wi :br :ct

User avatar
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
Posts: 11651
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 3130 times
Been thanked: 4469 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Brian Yare wrote:
At least T2 has a Wetherspoons. The one in T3 had been removed before my last visit, and the replacement was not very customer-friendly. :wi :br :ct
T2 - think it was B - last visit December 2013 the only option available seemed to be a non too clean Wetherspoons with a very mediocre, but expensive, choice of foods available and an even more miserable counter hand. Thankfully the coffee was good - the last really decent one, other than in peoples homes, I had until I got back to the UK.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 1990
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:57 pm
Location: Luxor
Has thanked: 1794 times
Been thanked: 1696 times
Egypt

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by Bombay »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Brian Yare wrote:
At least T2 has a Wetherspoons. The one in T3 had been removed before my last visit, and the replacement was not very customer-friendly. :wi :br :ct
T2 - think it was B - last visit December 2013 the only option available seemed to be a non too clean Wetherspoons with a very mediocre, but expensive, choice of foods available and an even more miserable counter hand. Thankfully the coffee was good - the last really decent one, other than in peoples homes, I had until I got back to the UK.
You obviously drink coffee in the wrong places! :ct

User avatar
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
Posts: 11651
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 3130 times
Been thanked: 4469 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Bombay wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:
Brian Yare wrote:
At least T2 has a Wetherspoons. The one in T3 had been removed before my last visit, and the replacement was not very customer-friendly. :wi :br :ct
T2 - think it was B - last visit December 2013 the only option available seemed to be a non too clean Wetherspoons with a very mediocre, but expensive, choice of foods available and an even more miserable counter hand. Thankfully the coffee was good - the last really decent one, other than in peoples homes, I had until I got back to the UK.
You obviously drink coffee in the wrong places! :ct
I have to admit, I don't drink tea in the UK but I do drink an incredible amount in Luxor. I am quite fussy about my coffee and drink it black so the flavour can't be disguised so easily as in the other variants. I'm happy to hear about where I can get a decent coffee - or at least try anyway!
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

User avatar
My Middle Finger
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Hardwick
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by My Middle Finger »

I wonder why the direct flight to Luxor on Mondays are not going from terminal 2, anyone know why?

User avatar
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm
Location: Worcester, UK
Has thanked: 1185 times
Been thanked: 1265 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by Brian Yare »

My Middle Finger wrote:I wonder why the direct flight to Luxor on Mondays are not going from terminal 2, anyone know why?
Yes. After the problems with the opening of T5 some years ago, Heathrow is taking things slowly and ramping up the usage of T2 gently. Later this year all EgyptAir flights (not just the non-stop one to Luxor) will be moved from T3 to T2.

User avatar
My Middle Finger
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Hardwick
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by My Middle Finger »

thats the problem Brian according to the Egyptair website the direct flight to Luxor isn't moving.

https://wftc2.e-travel.com/plnext/egypt ... ble.action?

User avatar
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Leicester
Has thanked: 1286 times
Been thanked: 1749 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by Zooropa »

My Middle Finger wrote:thats the problem Brian according to the Egyptair website the direct flight to Luxor isn't moving.

https://wftc2.e-travel.com/plnext/egypt ... ble.action?
Attention!....bad link alert!

User avatar
My Middle Finger
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Hardwick
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by My Middle Finger »

Go onto the Egyptair website and click on timetable and choose LHR and LXR and put a date in for any Monday in November (for example) and it shows the flights to Cairo from terminal 2, but the direct flight to Luxor is terminal 3.

User avatar
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm
Location: Worcester, UK
Has thanked: 1185 times
Been thanked: 1265 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by Brian Yare »

My Middle Finger wrote:Go onto the Egyptair website and click on timetable and choose LHR and LXR and put a date in for any Monday in November (for example) and it shows the flights to Cairo from terminal 2, but the direct flight to Luxor is terminal 3.
Got it, thanks. Have you told EgyptAir?

User avatar
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Posts: 5934
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 2:29 pm
Location: LUXOR
Has thanked: 5916 times
Been thanked: 7380 times
Gender:
Thailand

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by Dusak »

Brian Yare wrote:
My Middle Finger wrote:Go onto the Egyptair website and click on timetable and choose LHR and LXR and put a date in for any Monday in November (for example) and it shows the flights to Cairo from terminal 2, but the direct flight to Luxor is terminal 3.
Got it, thanks. Have you told EgyptAir?
Why? Do you think that they are suddenly going to start listening to their customers.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

User avatar
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Posts: 2546
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm
Location: Worcester, UK
Has thanked: 1185 times
Been thanked: 1265 times
Gender:
United Kingdom

Re: EGYPTAIR Moves its Operation to Heathrow’s Queen’s Termi

Post by Brian Yare »

Dusak wrote:
Brian Yare wrote:
Got it, thanks. Have you told EgyptAir?
Why? Do you think that they are suddenly going to start listening to their customers.
Not if you don't tell them!

Unless, of course, you don't care!

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Operation Constrain
    by crewmeal » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:42 am » in News and Sport
    2 Replies
    128 Views
    Last post by Major Thom
    Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:29 am
  • Heathrow Terminal 2.
    by A-Four » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:12 pm » in Visiting Luxor
    6 Replies
    219 Views
    Last post by Dusak
    Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:57 am
  • LHR Terminal 2 baggage problems
    by crewmeal » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:41 pm » in General Discussions and Rants
    1 Replies
    210 Views
    Last post by Who2
    Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:45 pm
  • DOVER AND ITS CROSS CHANNEL FERRY TERMINAL
    by Grandad » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:35 pm » in Hobbies And Pastimes
    4 Replies
    305 Views
    Last post by Grandad
    Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:57 am
  • Egypt moves sphinxes to Tahrir Square despite controversy
    by DJKeefy » Sat May 02, 2020 4:46 pm » in Know Egypt
    1 Replies
    1223 Views
    Last post by newcastle
    Sat May 02, 2020 5:56 pm