Any Tips

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Any Tips

Post by Zooropa »

Ok, all you "do it yourself" experts could you offer me any tips.

Last night I priced up the following:

Cheapest - Travel Republic

11/8/14 - Heathrow - Luxor

7 Nights Nile palace

Total - £594.00 (flight - £399, hotel, transfers & insurance - £195)

Tonight I did the same:

Cheapest - Travel Republic

Total - £573 (flight - £383, hotel, transfers & insurance - £190)

So in 24 hours its dropped by £21.

Without going into detail I want to keep costs for this trip down because its a spur of the moment thing and I don't want to spoil my October trip of 2 weeks which I regard as my main holiday by not having the funds I would like.

Is there a pattern to how prices rise and fall?

Should I grab this?

Is it all random?

Any help or hints appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Any Tips

Post by Brian Yare »

Zooropa wrote:Ok, all you "do it yourself" experts could you offer me any tips.
Should I grab this?

Is it all random?

Thanks in advance.
Buy your Travel Insurance separately, probably as an annual policy, rather than bundling it in with a travel agency deal.

Prices for August are likely to come down further, but it depends how much risk you are prepared to take.

I got a fortnight dead centre of the Easter school holidays this year, at the last minute from EgyptAir. £352 per person booked with TravelUp on the Monday non-stop flight.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa »

Brian Yare wrote:
Should I grab this?

Is it all random?

Thanks in advance.
Buy your Travel Insurance separately, probably as an annual policy, rather than bundling it in with a travel agency deal.

Prices for August are likely to come down further, but it depends how much risk you are prepared to take.

I got a fortnight dead centre of the Easter school holidays this year, at the last minute from EgyptAir. £352 per person booked with TravelUp on the Monday non-stop flight.
Thanks Brian - insurance with TR is only £9.81 but I will check independently.

Just realised im travelling in middle of school holidays - is Luxor affected that much by school holidays?

Its not really a kiddy destination is it?

Not as much other places I would have thought?

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Zooropa wrote:
Brian Yare wrote:
Should I grab this?

Is it all random?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Brian - insurance with TR is only £9.81 but I will check independently.

Just realised im travelling in middle of school holidays - is Luxor affected that much by school holidays?

Its not really a kiddy destination is it?

Not as much other places I would have thought?
its a popular destination for teachers, but historically prices were always higher for school holidays and the town was busier during those periods especially the October half term.

Darkstar
United Kingdom

Post by Darkstar »

I have noticed the same thing with prices with Thomson/ first choice etc. Just grab that price when it drops again, carpe diem! The price difference isn't really that much in reality. As for school hols the powers that be are trying to curtail the dearer prices at these times which the holiday companies tend to charge (thieving gits). So as to stop kids being taken away during term time.
Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa »

Darkstar wrote:I have noticed the same thing with prices with Thomson/ first choice etc. Just grab that price when it drops again, carpe diem! The price difference isn't really that much in reality. As for school hols the powers that be are trying to curtail the dearer prices at these times which the holiday companies tend to charge (thieving gits). So as to stop kids being taken away during term time.

Every penny counts - the £21 drop will cover 70% of my transport costs to and from the Airport when I fly out/return, or my smokes for the holiday etc.

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Zooropa wrote:
Darkstar wrote:I have noticed the same thing with prices with Thomson/ first choice etc. Just grab that price when it drops again, carpe diem! The price difference isn't really that much in reality. As for school hols the powers that be are trying to curtail the dearer prices at these times which the holiday companies tend to charge (thieving gits). So as to stop kids being taken away during term time.

Every penny counts - the £21 drop will cover 70% of my transport costs to and from the Airport when I fly out/return, or my smokes for the holiday etc.
I just use skyscanner and egyptair for my flight price check, and sit with a pad and pen and do the usual suspects for rooms... travel supermarket, hotels combined and trivago and book the best offer. Once I have a price I just book it and then don't look again in case I depress myself if its gone down
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Shut up to be appreciated

Nwilliams

Re:hotels

Post by Nwilliams »

well we have booked our trip coming on 21july for 2 weeks cant wait to see old friends again is it really 4/5 years since we last came the problem I have is does anyone know which hotels are actually open for guest ? I asked a friend to check for me as someone she knows came a few weeks ago and when they arrived were put in a different hotel and were told the original hotel wouldn't open just for a couple of guests and they didn't have a chef but no refund either we are going to the lotus so PLEASE can anyone help on this with some info