Rise in tourism numbers...

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Rise in tourism numbers...

Post by HEPZIBAH » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:09 pm

Wait for it...wait for it...

Courtesy of Luxor News Live
ارتفاع طفيف في نسبة الإشغال السياحي بالأقصر

مباشر من الأقصر

محمد عبد اللطيف الصغير:

قال العميد حسني حسين، مفتش شرطة السياحة والآثار بالصعيد، إن نسبة الإشغال السياحي بالأقصر ارتفعت لتصل لنسبة 8% بعد أن كانت 7% أمس.
أضاف أن 18 باخرة أبحرت بين الأقصر وأسوان من 254 باخرة، كما زار المناطق الأثرية بالبرين الشرقي والغربي بالأقصر2019 سائح أجنبي و210 سائح مصري.
أشار مفتش شرطة السياحة والآثار بالصعيد إلى أن الفترة القادمة من المتوقع أن تشهد انتعاشة كبيرة مع استقرار الأوضاع السياسية في مصر.
Slight rise in occupancy tourism in Luxor directly from Luxor Mohamed Abdel Latif al-Saghir: Brigadier Hosni Hussein, the tourism and Antiquities police inspector level, to Luxor tourist occupancy rate rose to 8 percent from 7 percent today.
Added to 18 steamer sailed between Luxor and Aswan from 254 Steamboat and visited archaeological areas in the East and West by alprene Luxor 2019 foreign tourists and 210 Egyptian tourists.
The tourism and Antiquities police inspector level to the next is expected to rebound with the stability of the political situation in Egypt.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Rise in tourism numbers...

Post by carrie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Can't move for the buggers, 8 percent occupancy rate. Oh well.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Let me know when it gets to 9 and I'll get out of bed.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Is this the SURGE that CE was referring to?

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Bombay wrote:Let me know when it gets to 9 and I'll get out of bed.
:wi Now you are being greedy.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:26 pm

I spotted 5 this morning passing by astride donkeys. English father shouting to his son "put your scarf round your neck idiot" it was 7am and they were off to the VoK. In the 'good-old days there would be 20 to 30 all screaming "hus hus f***knows why...:cool:
Last edited by Who2 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:28 pm

No LLL that's the flood due in late September early October.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Just as a matter of interest does anyone know what the occupancy rate of a hotel is to make it viable?

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:40 pm

According to Harold Robbins "Hotels don't make money from selling rooms they make money from selling food & drink to those staying in those rooms. :wi

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:19 pm

carrie wrote:Just as a matter of interest does anyone know what the occupancy rate of a hotel is to make it viable?
When I was at college we were told it was 60-70% bed occupancy depending on season. I don't know if that was just a UK figure of it was a general/International expectancy. Or rather... that over that figure should be pure profit.
-Aldous Huxley

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 am

Aww gees I got the flood of tourists coming back all wrong....... :(

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:58 am

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Is this the SURGE that CE was referring to?
No, that was a dirge, easy mistake to make. It all rhymes you see. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Miss scarlett

Post by Miss scarlett » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:09 pm

Have just returned after one week. Flew to Hurghada courtesy of Monarch, two nights at The Marriott, (lovely hotel), then four days in Luxor, before returning back to Hurghada for flight.

We booked at The Winter Pavillion for the first time, and were delighted to find we were upgraded toThe Winter Palace. Never thought I would ever stay there in all my life! Loved it.
Numbers, well everyone we spoke to had booked The Pavillion and been upgraded. I think we saw about 14-16 people there. Apparently they have 35 booked in for the next two weeks, then nothing at all during August.

I saw one other lady using a caleche, that was a tourist, and on last day saw a group of 5 women walking round.

Had lovely meal at Taste of India, left a few tea bags for the management! Sorry not more, but we travelled very light this time, just hand luggage. Well Monarch do give you 10kg each, so more than enough for me and hubby. Also took a few supplies for ACE.

Most people in The Palace were return visitors, met one family of four, for whom it was there first time in Luxor, and loved it ! They had used one of the caleche, and would continue to use him again, as he did not hassle them. He just said 'give me whatever you want, I have nothing'. I know some do this, hoping you will give more than is required, but they loved Luxor, and were talking of coming back again. It warmed my heart to hear this news.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:16 pm

For those not too confused and/or depressed by my opening post...here's an update from today:

Courtesy of Luxor News Live
25 mins

سياحة الأقصر: 4.74% نسبة الإشغال السياحي للفنادق العائمة

مباشر من الأقصر

شمس يونس:

صرح العميد حسنى حسين، مفتش مباحث شرطة السياحة والاثار بجنوب الصعيد، بان مدينة الاقصر استقبلت صباح اليوم 77 سائحا من مختلف الجنسيات واقاموا على احد الفنادق العائمة لعمل رحلة نيلية الاقصر اسوان لمدة ثلاث ليالى وكانوا قد توجهوا اليوم لزيارة المناطق الاثرية بالبر الغربي والشرقي وسط حراسة امنية مشددة

واضاف "كما زار المناطق الاثرية بالامس 1940 سائحا اجنبيا و 121 سائحا صربيا واجمالى عدد الفنادق العائمة التى تعمل بين الاقصر اسوان 20 فندقا عائما يقل 1093 سائحا بنسبة اشغال 4.74%".
Luxor tourism: 4.74% occupancy rate of floating hotels directly from Luxor Sun Younes Hosni Hussein Brigadier said, Inspector of detectives, the tourism and Antiquities police in the South, the city of Luxor this morning received 77 tourists of various nationalities and settled on one of the floating hotels for Luxor Aswan cruise for three nights and they went on to visit the archaeological areas in the Western and Eastern mainland amid tight security he also visited archaeological areas yesterday 1940 foreign tourists and 121 Serbia and the total number of tourists floating hotels that Operate between Luxor Aswan 20 floating less than 1093 tourists occupancy rate of 4.74 percent. " (Translated by Bing)
-Aldous Huxley

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Miss scarlett wrote: I saw one other lady using a caleche, that was a tourist, ...
How do you know she was a tourist?
I can think of at least one female Luxor resident who uses a caleche regularly, rather like a taxi, even when she goes out doing her normal shopping!
-Aldous Huxley

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:21 pm

Miss scarlett wrote:Have just returned after one week. Flew to Hurghada courtesy of Monarch, two nights at The Marriott, (lovely hotel), then four days in Luxor, before returning back to Hurghada for flight.

We booked at The Winter Pavillion for the first time, and were delighted to find we were upgraded toThe Winter Palace. Never thought I would ever stay there in all my life! Loved it.
Numbers, well everyone we spoke to had booked The Pavillion and been upgraded. I think we saw about 14-16 people there. Apparently they have 35 booked in for the next two weeks, then nothing at all during August.

I saw one other lady using a caleche, that was a tourist, and on last day saw a group of 5 women walking round.

Had lovely meal at Taste of India, left a few tea bags for the management! Sorry not more, but we travelled very light this time, just hand luggage. Well Monarch do give you 10kg each, so more than enough for me and hubby. Also took a few supplies for ACE.

Most people in The Palace were return visitors, met one family of four, for whom it was there first time in Luxor, and loved it ! They had used one of the caleche, and would continue to use him again, as he did not hassle them. He just said 'give me whatever you want, I have nothing'. I know some do this, hoping you will give more than is required, but they loved Luxor, and were talking of coming back again. It warmed my heart to hear this news.
Thank you for the tea much appreciated and just in time I was down to my last 6 bags from Uk, pleased you enjoyed your meal sorry I did not see you.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:23 pm

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Miss scarlett wrote: I saw one other lady using a caleche, that was a tourist, ...
I can think of at least one female Luxor resident who uses a caleche regularly, rather like a taxi, even when she goes out doing her normal shopping!
Perhaps she was smiling usually helps to spot the difference :) .

Miss scarlett

Post by Miss scarlett » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:38 pm

I believed she was a tourist, as I pointed her out to my caleche driver, and he mentioned she had been using the same caleche all week. He too believed her to be a tourist. We might both be wrong of course!

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:01 pm

Miss scarlett wrote:I believed she was a tourist, as I pointed her out to my caleche driver, and he mentioned she had been using the same caleche all week. He too believed her to be a tourist. We might both be wrong of course!
Sorry, I wasn't meaning anything by it, just curious. I'm often taken for an ex-pat but I've never lived there. It made me wonder what signs people give off one way or another. With some it really is obvious, the location is the first clue and then often the footwear!

Bombay wrote:
HEPZIBAH wrote:
Perhaps she was smiling usually helps to spot the difference :) .
Hmm I'd not be so sure about that if some peoples comments are anything to go by! ;-)
-Aldous Huxley

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:03 pm

From the same source...with the help of Bing. De ja vous anyone?

Luxor News Live
Liked · 33 mins

محافظ الأقصر يتوقع قرب حدوث انفراج فى الأزمة السياحية

مباشر من الأقصر

شيرين النجار:

فيما يصل الى الأقصر اليوم الأربعاء 60 سائحا وسائحة بريطانية فى زيارة للمعالم الأثرية والسياحية بالمحافظة ، توقع اللواء طارق سعدالدين محافظ الاقصر حدوث انفراج الازمة السياحية بالمحافظة بشكل تدريجى مع انطلاق الموسم السياحي الجديد بالمحافظة في شهر اكتوبرالمقبل.

واكد المحافظ ان اللجنة الوزارية التي شكلها رئيس الوزراء لاستعادة التدفقات السياحية بالأقصر خلال زيارته للمحافظة مطلع الاسبوع الجاري سيكون لها مردود ايجابي كبير في الاسراع بتعافي القطاع السياحي من ازمته الراهنة .
The Governor of Luxor is expected near a breakthrough in the crisis directly from Luxor cruise sheren Nagar: up to 60 tourists at Luxor on Wednesday, a British tourist visiting the monuments and tourist preservation, anticipated major General Tariq a s Governor Luxor tourist crisis easing gradually conservation with the new tourist season kicks off in tilesdit.

The Governor stressed that the Ministerial Committee formed by the Prime Minister to restore tourist flows in Luxor during his visit to the province earlier this week it will have a significant positive impact in speeding up the recovery of the tourism sector in the current crisis. (Translated by Bing)

(Well at least one British tourist has been spotted! ;) :lol: )
-Aldous Huxley