Hassle

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Hassle

Post by Dusak » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:05 am

But we all can fall foul of the local clefties without realizing it, can we not Zooropa. Let us picture the scene. Two and a half men are sat outside a well known restaurant in Luxor, just chewing the fat together as they wait for the power to get turned back on. The only sound in evidence is the gentle thrum and rattle of the Chinese generator as it struggles to illuminate three bulbs and a fan to the inside.

Suddenly a shoe shine boy approaches the three and asks do we want our shoes polished. One of the three, let us say you for arguments sake, inquires of the proprietor what the cost will be. He informs you that it is 5Le, me knowing that it is 1LE. But diplomacy is my middle name, so stay stum. Said proprietor then has his footwear removed by said shoeshine boy and the receiver a mirror finish. You are next, receiving the same quality finish. Feeling in a generous mood, I too succumb to the brush. You pay your 5Le, I pay my 5Le, but said proprietor, the instigator of the spit and polish, pays nothing. There is a lesson in the making here somewhere.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.