British Tourist Accuses 3 of Molesting Her in Luxor Temple

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

British Tourist Accuses 3 of Molesting Her in Luxor Temple

Post by HEPZIBAH »

British Tourist Accuses 3 workers of Molesting Her in Luxor Temple
You do need to read the article rather than the lead line on the first translation to get a clearer picture. Note that there are no dates given so this could be new or older news.

Luxor News Live
9 mins ·
ائحة بريطانية تتهم 3 عمال آثار بالتحرش بها داخل معبد الأقصر
مباشر من الأقصر
تقدمت سائحة بريطانية ، ببلاغ لشرطة السياحة والآثار بمدينة الأقصر، اتهمت خلاله ثلاثة عاملين بمنطقة آثار الأقصر، بالتحرش بها، اثناء زيارتها لمعبد الأقصر.
تلقي اللواء ممتاز فتحى مساعد وزير الداخلية لشرطة السياحة والاثار اخطار من اللواء علاء السباعى مدير مباحث السياحة والاثار يفيد تقدم السائحة البريطانية ” سامنتا ريد لار “، ببلاغ تتهم فيه ثلاثة من عمال الاثار بمعبد الأقصر، بالتحرش بها وتحسس أجزاء حساسة من جسدها خلال زيارتها للمعبد بصحبة عائلتها.
وعلي الفور انتقل العقيد أبوالحجاج كمال رئيس مباحث السياحة والاثار بالأقصر الي المعبد تمكن من ضبط العمال الثلاثة ، وتم تحرير محضرا بالواقعة، أحيلوا الى النيابة العامة التى تتولي التحقيقات.
وتبين من التحريات المبدئية أن العمال الثلاثة التقطوا بعض الصور التذكارية مع السائحة، واثناء ذلك وضعوا يدهم علي اجزاء من جسدها.
وباشرت النيابة التحقيق معهم باشراف المستشار عماد وليد الدين البيلى المحامى العامل لنيابات الأقصر.
اونا

British tourist accused of molesting 3 workers effects inside Luxor Temple
Direct from Luxor
Made a British tourist, a complaint to the police of Tourism and Antiquities in Luxor, in which three workers accused the effects of the Luxor area, molesting her, during her visit to the Temple of Luxor.
Receive Brigade excellent Fathi Assistant Minister of Interior for the police Tourism and Antiquities dangers of Gen. Alaa Sebaey Director Investigation of Tourism and Antiquities benefit offers tourist British "Samantha Reed lar", filed a complaint accusing three of the workers relics Luxor Temple, molesting them and feel the sensitive parts of her body during her visit to the temple, accompanied by her family.
And immediately moved Abualhaggag Colonel Kamal Chief of Detectives of Tourism and Antiquities in Luxor to the temple was able to control the three workers, was the liberation of a report of the incident, referred to the public prosecution, which holds the investigations.
The initial investigation indicated that the three workers picked up some souvenir pictures with tourist, and that during that time they put their hands on parts of her body.
The prosecution began the investigation with them under the supervision of advisor Imad Walid religion Bialy lawyer working for the Prosecution of Luxor.
Oona

Accidently I hit translate, while I still had the above FB translation open and this is what came up.

British tourist accusing 3 workers raised the harassment within the Luxor Temple of Thebes was a British tourist, made ​​a complaint to the tourism and Antiquities police in Luxor, in which three workers blamed the effects of the Luxor, with harassment, during her visit to the luxor Temple. The Brigade received excellent Fathi Assistant Interior of Minister for tourism and Antiquities police notification of major general Alaa SBAI, Director of the tourism and Antiquities police According to the British tourist "Samantha Reid LAR", a complaint Accusing three of the effects of the luxor Temple Workers, harassment and sensitive sensitive parts of her body During her visit to the temple with her ​​family. Immediately, Col Aboulhagag Kamal, Chairman of the tourism and Antiquities police in Luxor Temple was Able to adjust the three Workers Had Been released minutes of the Incident, have Been Referred to the public Prosecutor for investigation. Initial investigation found That the three Workers Took some photos with the tourist, and During That Commandeered parts of her body. Prosecutors Began the investigation under the supervision of the Adviser Imad debt Walid bialy lawyer working divisions of Luxor. ONA ( Translated by Bing )

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: British Tourist Accuses 3 of Molesting Her in Luxor Temp

Post by Bombay »

I am surprised we don't see more of these complaints and maybe we will, I have often seen certain Caleche drivers putting their arm around people I think some think if they get away with this it's a green light.

"Initial investigation found That the three Workers Took some photos with the tourist"

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Old or new news, its still a deplorable action to suffer while on holiday or anywhere else for that matter. The problem is, is that you think that you will be safe in such an environment, open tourist area, with family, just having your photo taken with temple workers. I hope that whoever it was, recovers quickly and is able to put the experience behind her. She should be applauded for taking the step forwards in reporting the incident against keeping quiet as a lot would do, given the circumstances, their reasons for being there and perhaps not that much time left to see a conclusion. Some would not want it to sully the remainder of their holiday.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Yes, I think anyone who does go to the time and trouble to report these incidents is doing us all a favour. It can't be easy. It would be much easier to come away with any and/or all the feelings of being upset, embarrassed, angry etc. knowing that what happened shouldn't and yet brushing it off and trying to pretend nothing happened. (Speak from personal experience - another time and another country.)

The more people who are proactive against such incidents should hopefully get the message out that it is unacceptable and the perpetrator should have to pay some consequences.
-Aldous Huxley

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

I get SO angry with all this.
How dare they!
Seems to me that you're a slut if you do..and a slut if you don't!
I had a lot of hassle from a caleche driver in Luxor.It culminated in him putting his arm around me.I SHOUTED at him.His reply?**** ***!!!
Same thing happened in Hurghada with a bloody teenage boy..and same reply!
Other men in street in Luxor saw the incident.I was a bit shaken,more by his aggressive retort than by him touching me.They apologised,told me I was a "good"girl with "much respect."
I really think that this is all getting outa control.And next time anyone does this with me in Luxor..I'm just gonna report it!
Why should we put up with this?If anyone in Glasgow/Scotland did this with me..he'd be cuffed,charged and thrown in Police van!
Enough is enough!

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa »

I would like to remind everybody at this point that the investigation is ongoing.

ST, you must point out this rogue - nobody tries it on with my fiancé!

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Mr Z.My hero!
He's big ugly bugger!Goes by name of "Adam."
Such a pity that a dear, respected,businessman friend of mine and sisters died a few years ago!
He'd have sorted it for me,no sweat.
One phone call...just one!C'est la vie!

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@ST - Too bad bear spray/pepper spray and hand held tasers are not allowed. You could have put 'em in their place right away.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Oh no, don't tell me the romance is back on again, just as I return my hat to the shop.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa »

Scottishtourist wrote:Mr Z.My hero!
Such a pity that a dear, respected,businessman friend of mine and sisters died a few years ago!
Hes big you say?

Ah, my backs been playing up recently otherwise id......

Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Bearded Brian »

Zooropa wrote:
Scottishtourist wrote:Mr Z.My hero!
Hes big you say?

Ah, my backs been playing up recently otherwise id......
And you can't kick him - you may pop your blister.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I have never used these carriages and have no intention of doing so, but when the topic comes up, a driver of the name of Adam is mentioned as being very good and polite with a no rip off policy. Must be two Adam about the St. Josef hotel street area each taking a different bite from the tourist apple.

As you have brought up the topic of the will he will she marriage again, I have just realized that if I and ST got wed, then, as in all marriages all would be shared, including a joint avatar, which unfortunately would be STD. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Kaiserbernese

Post by Kaiserbernese »

Peeper spray maybe illegal but a good substitute is a travel size can of deodorant or hairspray.

Some are so small you can carry them in your hand whilst out walking if you feel the need for a quick reaction.

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Dusak wrote:I have never used these carriages and have no intention of doing so, but when the topic comes up, a driver of the name of Adam is mentioned as being very good and polite with a no rip off policy. Must be two Adam about the St. Josef hotel street area each taking a different bite from the tourist apple.

As you have brought up the topic of the will he will she marriage again, I have just realized that if I and ST got wed, then, as in all marriages all would be shared, including a joint avatar, which unfortunately would be STD. :lol:
Would your bank account be shared with me also Dusak?
Scotland ain't that bad..bit cold at times,but I got central heating..and radiators..no generators required!

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa »

Scottishtourist wrote:
Dusak wrote:I have never used these carriages and have no intention of doing so, but when the topic comes up, a driver of the name of Adam is mentioned as being very good and polite with a no rip off policy. Must be two Adam about the St. Josef hotel street area each taking a different bite from the tourist apple.

Would your bank account be shared with me also Dusak?
Scotland ain't that bad..bit cold at times,but I got central heating..and radiators..no generators required!
No generators required at the moment - but if you vote for independence.......

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

If I've understood correctly the update report the 3 men, who it would appear were police officers, have got off and kept their jobs.

Luxor News Live
1 hr ·
إخلاء سبيل الخفراء الثلاثة المتهمين بالتحرش بسائحة بمعبد الأقصر
مباشر من الأقصر
قررت نيابة الأقصر تحت إشراف المستشار وليد البيلي المحامى العام لنيابات الأقصر، إخلاء سبيل الخفراء الثلاثة المتهمين بالتحرش بسائحة إنجليزية في معبد الأقصر، بعد أن غيرت السائحة أقوالها أمام النيابة.
وقالت السائحة البريطانية سامنتا ريد لار أمام النيابة أن الخفراء الثلاثة لم يتحرشوا بها جنسيًا، وأنهم فقط حاولوا التقاط الصور التذكارية معها وقام أحدهم بوضع يده على كتفها، إلا أن أحدًا منهم لم يلامس أية أجزاء حساسة من جسدها، وعلى إثر أقوال السائحة أمام النيابة تم إخلاء سبيل المتهمين الثلاثة بضمان وظائفهم.
وكان قد تلقى بالأمس اللواء فتحي ممتاز مساعد وزير الداخلية لشرطة السياحة والآثار، يفيد بتقدم السائحة البريطانية سامنتا ريد لار، ببلاغ تتهم فيه ثلاثة من عمال الآثار بمعبد الأقصر، بالتحرش بها وتحسس أجزاء حساسة من جسدها خلال زيارتها للمعبد بصحبة عائلتها.
وعلى الفور انتقل العقيد أبو الحجاج كمال رئيس مباحث السياحة والآثار بالأقصر إلى المعبد، وتمكن من ضبط العمال الثلاثة، وتم تحرير محضر بالواقعة، وأحيلوا إلى النيابة العامة التي باشرت التحقيقات، وبعد تغيير السائحة إنجليزية أقوالها من تحرش 3 خفراء بها، أخلت النيابة سبيلهم بضمان وظائفهم.
نيوز
The release of the three gendarmes accused of harassing female tourist in Luxor Temple of Thebes decided on behalf of Luxor under Advisor John Baily attorney offices of Luxor, the release of the three gendarmes accused of harassing an English tourist at Luxor Temple, having changed her name to prosecutors.
The British tourist said Samantha Reid LAR before the gendarmes three they provoke them, and they just tried to take pictures with it, someone put his hand on her shoulder, but none comes into contact with any sensitive parts of her body, following statements from the tourist before on behalf of three defendants were released to guarantee their jobs.
He had yesterday, major general Fathi excellent Assistant Interior Minister for tourism and Antiquities police, according to the British tourist Samantha Reid Lahr, a complaint accusing three of the effects of the Luxor Temple workers, harassment and sensitive sensitive parts of her body during her visit to the temple with her family.
Instantly navigate Colonel Abu pilgrims Kamal Chief of detectives, tourism and antiquities in Luxor Temple and was able to adjust the three workers, and registered the incident, and referred to the public prosecutor initiated investigations, after a change in the tourist English words of the janitors ' harassment 3 released on behalf of the process to guarantee their jobs.
News (Translated by Bing)
-Aldous Huxley

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I'm sorry to say I have some sympathy for these three men, I have seen visitors to the temple ask the guardians to have their photo taken with them and women holding them close with their arms around their waists. Now to a European there is nothing wrong with that but no way would an Egyptian woman allow it, no way would an Egyptian police officer or guardian dream of doing it to her. I think sometimes European women give mixed messages to Egyptians. As far as I am concerned no one has the right to touch me on the arm or anywhere else and if they tried they would get short shrift however like I have said the number of times I have seen Europeans allowing a waiter that they know, a taxi driver that they know, to put their arms around them even in the presence of their husbands (European) without the slightest concern are without number.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Zooropa »

carrie wrote:I'm sorry to say I have some sympathy for these three men, I have seen visitors to the temple ask the guardians to have their photo taken with them and women holding them close with their arms around their waists. Now to a European there is nothing wrong with that but no way would an Egyptian woman allow it, no way would an Egyptian police officer or guardian dream of doing it to her. I think sometimes European women give mixed messages to Egyptians. As far as I am concerned no one has the right to touch me on the arm or anywhere else and if they tried they would get short shrift however like I have said the number of times I have seen Europeans allowing a waiter that they know, a taxi driver that they know, to put their arms around them even in the presence of their husbands (European) without the slightest concern are without number.

You raise an interesting point Carrie, however, I have to say that I have some sympathy for the view of some that when it comes to these things "its never the Egyptian mans fault"

Unfortunately, not every visitor is clued up on how things may be interpreted in Egypt but I can give many examples where the local "custom" is ignored when it appears to suit.

As I have said before I understand its a no no to try and alter a price once offered but because the price is usually offered to draw you in its immediately withdrawn once you accept.

I also understand its a big social no no to complain about the amount given in a tip but I have experienced this also when I knew the tip was generous!

Im all for honouring local customs but its unacceptable to withdraw customs when it suits.

Who knows the rights and wrongs of this incident?

I also think that in this day and age locals, especially ones that come into frequent contact with tourists must realise that customs of their visitors differ from theirs and whilst they may think they are inappropriate im sure they realise that in cases similar to this one an arm around the waste from a European is not a green light for anything else.

If I am ever lucky enough in the future to have a woman put their arm around me it would take a good deal more than just that to give me the impression that id been given the keys to the door, so to speak.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I understand what you are saying Carrie.

I think also that the boundaries on what is considered as molestation, can be very blurred for all regardless of religion or culture. There are so many mixed messages out there that it can be very confusing for all concerned, no matter where you are. I do also believe that most people do not use the power they do have to deal with it immediately and nip a situation in the bud.
-Aldous Huxley

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Mmm, difficult. If a European man put his arm round me for a photo I'd think nothing of it. It is perfectly acceptable, and without a sub text of sexual permission. In Egypt or Turkey - absolutely no way would I allow a man, who was not family, to even touch my arm. Physical contact carries a message of sexual availability - like it or not, that's the mindset.

I'm generally on my own when I visit the antiquities, and am often approached to have my photo taken with Egyptians. With women/girls, arms around each other is no problem, but with men - usually young men - I don't allow any contact. Even so I'm sure they tell their friends lurid tales about the foreign woman they met, " and I have a photo of her to prove it!!"