Plane full

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Plane full

Post by carrie » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:10 am

Some one I know came back Monday, Heathrow/Luxor and said that the plane was full of tourists. Maybe things are starting to pick up?

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Plane full

Post by Bullet Magnet » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:38 am

Sounds promising, but this first 2 weeks in October is historically one of those busy periods, just before the main season ( what's left of it ) starts.

Insha-Allah and all that... :up
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:40 am

I fly out on Monday from heathrow to luxor. I shall report on the seat status when I get there (provided I can see that far back as I am 15000 air miles lighter and in a comfy seat)

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Don't forget the flight goes onto Cairo after Luxor which is a cheaper option for many passengers. You need to count how many are at the immigration counter.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Lots and lots of cruse passengers from what I'm told that will offer near zero usefulness to Luxor itself.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:31 pm

From what I understand Saga are back in Luxor in force, until the 4th November they are using Heathrow, therefore I am sure they will be flying Egyptair. After that date Saga transfer to Gatwick, then more than likely use charter.

As a rule it will be a rare thing to see such traveller, as this company use The Movenpick or cruise ships,.......so not much chance of them seeing the real Luxor.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:26 pm

A-Four wrote: As a rule it will be a rare thing to see such traveller, as this company use The Movenpick or cruise ships,.......so not much chance of them seeing the real Luxor.
If that was what they wanted to see, they would know where to find it. :|

There were more tourists going to the international carrousel from the domestic flight and more agents waiting with name signs, when I arrived from Cairo Monday night, than I have seen the last four years.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:20 pm

I was just passing through Old Cairo today on my way somewhere else. The children don't shout "Hello" at the tourists anymore. They shout "Ni Hao".

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Glyphdoctor wrote:I was just passing through Old Cairo today on my way somewhere else. The children don't shout "Hello" at the tourists anymore. They shout "Ni Hao".
Well, that's not so strange Glyph, I was in that country almost ten years go, and I certainly could see the future then. I told the guides in Luxor on my return to learn that language. Just five years ago, I remember Samir Farag, the then governor of Luxor tell those in the tourist industry to change their toilet facilities, suitable to the needs of these new tourists.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:14 pm

A-Four wrote:
Glyphdoctor wrote: The children don't shout "Hello" at the tourists anymore. They shout "Ni Hao".
I remember Samir Farag, the then governor of Luxor tell those in the tourist industry to change their toilet facilities, suitable to the needs of these new tourists.
At Old Winter Palace, they have changed the dress code in The Victorian Salon to pastel blue, pink or yellow bath shorts, plastic bath sandals and tiny printed t-shirts.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Glyphdoctor wrote:I was just passing through Old Cairo today on my way somewhere else. The children don't shout "Hello" at the tourists anymore. They shout "Ni Hao".
You've got to give it to Egyptians.

Who'd have thought there was a Chinese phrase for "baksheesh" ?

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:18 pm

crewmeal wrote:Don't forget the flight goes onto Cairo after Luxor which is a cheaper option for many passengers. You need to count how many are at the immigration counter.
It is not an onward flight its a new flight to position the aircraft back to Cairo you cannot book CAI to LHR or reverse via LXR if you arrive from LHR on this flight you will need to clear customs and immigration in Luxor then check in and get back on the plane which will have already left as a domestic flight.
Why on earth would you want to do this on a once weekly flight to get to or from Cairo to London when there are 21 direct flights CAI to LHR To CAI?

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:49 pm

Just checked out that I was correct on my above post and I found an Airbus a330 operating the early 6.15am Cairo to Luxor flight on Monday morning unfortunately the Aircraft is not operating the London flight.

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:18 am

Why on earth would you want to do this on a once weekly flight to get to or from Cairo to London when there are 21 direct flights CAI to LHR To CAI?
Travelling from Luxor to Heathrow I was sitting next to 2 ladies who opted for this route because it was £100 (Sterling) cheaper than flying direct.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:57 am

crewmeal wrote:
Travelling from Luxor to Heathrow I was sitting next to 2 ladies who opted for this route because it was £100 (Sterling) cheaper than flying direct.
Last night I noticed that Bombay had made a comment on this subject, and although I knew I'd written on it, I was too afraid to look in case he slagged off what I had written. I mean, it had already happened to me on another subject earlier this week by a some what, shall we say, ill informed person.

When it comes to Bombay, he knows his onions on this subject, and as a rule will certainly give up to date info............that's why we don't mind him doing a little advertising, now and again on here for his well known establishments in Luxor and Hurgarda.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:40 am

crewmeal wrote:
You cannot book this if you book Cai to Lhr via Luxor you will change aircraft and wait in Luxor until 7am to fly to Cairo likewise there is a 4 hour connection coming from Cairo to Luxor and next Monday its also about 70gbp each way more expensive.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:52 am

As I stated previously my friend flew out London Heathrow/Luxor, direct non stop, don't know what countries he flew over en route don't care. I find all these posts about Cairo very confusing and they caused quite a few sleepless nights for another friend who was flying out from here on what she thought was a direct flight and then it was posted that it wasn't yet turned out to be direct.

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:38 pm

carrie wrote:As I stated previously my friend flew out London Heathrow/Luxor, direct non stop, don't know what countries he flew over en route don't care. I find all these posts about Cairo very confusing and they caused quite a few sleepless nights for another friend who was flying out from here on what she thought was a direct flight and then it was posted that it wasn't yet turned out to be direct.
Yes I agree so I will clarify:

Mondays

Departure: 10:00 Luxor, Egypt - International
Arrival: 14:50 London, United Kingdom - Heathrow, terminal 2
Airline Egyptair MS761 e
Duration 5:50
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800

Departure: 17:00 London, United Kingdom - Heathrow, terminal 2
Arrival: 23:20 Luxor, Egypt - International
Airline Egyptair MS762 e
Duration 5:20
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800

You cannot if you are traveling from CAIRO book a ticket to use this flight WITHOUT changing aircraft, You CANNOT stay on the aircraft when it arrives from CAIRO or LONDON and fly onto LONDON or CAIRO.

The aircraft positions from Cairo in the morning to operate this flight to London it operates as a Domestic flight not an International flight with a stop in LUXOR same after arriving in LUXOR it repositions as a Domestic flight to CAIRO.

If you are in CAIRO you can book a ticket to fly to Luxor 4 hrs before this flight wait in the terminal and fly on the London flight, likewise you can arrive from London on this flight and clear customs and connect to CAIRO at 07.15am to do this it will (checking next week) cost you more than flying direct from Cairo to London to Cairo on one of the 21 direct flights that operate every week.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Thank you Bombay.

Moonstone
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Moonstone » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:49 pm

newcastle wrote:
You've got to give it to Egyptians.

Who'd have thought there was a Chinese phrase for "baksheesh" ?
Ni Hao in Chinese means "Hello".
Nil desperandum