Cancelled.

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Re: Cancelled.

Post by Ruby Slippers » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:11 am

Thomson is part of TUI which is a German company. Therefore it makes more sense to keep prices high to countries outside the EU. That way the money stays inside and helps European countries - hopefully! There is a recession on, you know! :lol:

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:57 am

No I have only heard of the place Benidorm, is the TV show a Docu/Drama about Benidorm?

Regarding the Recession when it happens in the UK prices are very competitive and therefore the purchaser gets good bargains, they buy more and business's although cutting their profits benefit by the purchasers keeping them afloat during the recession. But only the good visionaries know this is how it is done, you cannot expect small business's with no idea of how a business runs regarding, cash flow, competition, incoming money, outgoing money and the general know how of how a business runs.

I don't always watch what people call rubbish on the TV, I try to watch a fairly wide spectrum, but certain programs I do miss unless I am told. Recently I have been watching the Musketeer's and found that really good, also watched the drama Dr. Foster also a great story of a woman scorned. I think my favourites are drama's like those based on Catherine Cookson or the new drama about to start on OSN Dickensian. I am not a big lover of films I have a job staying awake when the film goes dead, like nearly all films do in certain parts. Just finished watching a documentary called "In search of Nefertiti" a nice and easy Doc. to follow and interesting because we live in that part of the World. However I am ot a big follower of Egyptology, there is far too much to take in, and I think you need to be a person who has all the time in the World. At the moment the man who lives next door to me has knocked down his mudbrick home and built a single story pillar and brick villa and I have been helping him a lot. I am also helping him by providing the family with the ceramics for the floors, I hated the fact he had built him and his wife a new home and could not afford the floors, he intended having dirt floors, and for children to be sleeping and living on dirt floors is not nice, so myself and wife decided to help him by supplying the ceramics for the floors. We are going down to the shop today to choose them. I will no doubt get abuse from forum members for doing so, but they are my villagers and my friends, and if at any time myself or wife can help we will do, especially when it makes the children's lives more bearable.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:37 am

Mateo, the barman from "Benidorm", writing a postcard to a conquest :

phpBB [video]

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:23 pm

An Angel/saintly smilie on our selection would come in handy at times like these. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:22 pm

Dusak wrote:An Angel/saintly smilie on our selection would come in handy at times like these. :up
:angel:

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:06 am

I get your drift "D", but in reality I am by far no Angel. However being a European like yourself we find ourselves in a better position than local people, and because of this, if we can help we will do. We also get a pleasure from helping people that need help and are appreciative. So not looking for an Angel smillie this one will do ha ha!!! :dv :dv

Suppose one day I might be but until that day comes I prefer it has I am. Ha Ha!!! My wife often says to me I wish you were and Angel, and I always interpreted her wrong..... :lol:

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:56 pm

BENNU wrote:
Dusak wrote:An Angel/saintly smilie on our selection would come in handy at times like these. :up
:angel:
You little torment, I missed that.
Major Thom wrote:I get your drift "D", but in reality I am by far no Angel.[ However being a European like yourself we find ourselves in a better position than local people,] and because of this, if we can help we will do. We also get a pleasure from helping people that need help and are appreciative. So not looking for an Angel smillie this one will do ha ha!!! :dv :dv

Suppose one day I might be but until that day comes I prefer it has I am. Ha Ha!!! My wife often says to me I wish you were and Angel, and I always interpreted her wrong..... :lol:
Err, not really as the local people do not get turfed out of their home and told to leave the country for a few days.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:08 pm

There's a saying here MT that your friends and neighbours obviously haven't told you about. If you do good do it in the dark.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:20 pm

carrie wrote:If you do good do it in the dark.
I've not heard that expression before but I like it. It is along the same lines of 'Never your left hand see what the right hand is doing'. Both hold a lot of wisdom.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:29 pm

More like: "A good Knight is never known.... :cool:

Ps: More bluntly put: Mathew 6:1
"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them:
otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven."
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:04 pm

It means Hepzibah that you and your God know that is enough.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:16 pm

carrie wrote:It means Hepzibah that you and your God know that is enough.
Yes, I realise that. It is the same as not letting your left hand see what the right is doing.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:39 am

Actually I would think it is a lot more comfortable for children to be sleeping on a natural warm dirt floor than a cold hard ceramic one. I would think buying a jareed bed would be a more appropriate thing to do if you want the kids to actually be comfortable when they sleep.

As for kids playing in the dirt. Well, I guess you are buying tile for the streets around your home too so the kids don't have to play on dirt outside either?

Your neighbor and many others have lived for years in mud homes with dirt floors and got along fine. Suddenly the guy puts up cement walls and you feel bad that his floors are still dirt? If his floors are still dirt it sounds like he might have built a home without a concrete foundation. Considering how you are living in low floodland, if you really wanted to help the family, why not chip in for a foundation that would keep the house from collapsing?

The problem with charity is beggars can't be choosers and when the Europeans hold the purse strings they get to decide the priorities that pump up their own egos. That's why we have expat cats with palaces to play in and donkeys with better free medical care than the humans here.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:08 am

I have already given (1 year ago) them 3 Jareet Beds GD fr the children GD. Also 2 heavy wooden bench's for their roof, and a Desert Cooler for the Summer months. OK they were second hand, I did not want them I had replaced them with other items, but asked them if they wanted them before throwing away.

Their new house was built with proper foundations, steel reinforced pillars and rendered brickwork. It is also wired with sockets and lights on separate circuits, ad the kitchen, bedrooms, and lounging areas also on separate circuits, with no cables twisted together, and no joints in the cables. Making the villa safe from fire break outs and overloading. The circuits were also tested for continuity, and the trips also measured for tripping speed's. Probably the safest villa electrically on the West Bank, apart from my own of course which I rewired 3 months after moving in.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:28 am

So why would the children be sleeping on the floor then? Or was that a dramatic flourish to enhance your benevolence?

Better you don't answer though, as really announcing to the whole world that your neighbors are taking your hand-me-downs is kind of disrespectful toward them. Please refer to the proverb above to understand.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Glyphdoctor wrote:So why would the children be sleeping on the floor then? Or was that a dramatic flourish to enhance your benevolence?

Better you don't answer though, as really announcing to the whole world that your neighbors are taking your hand-me-downs is kind of disrespectful toward them. Please refer to the proverb above to understand.
Such a statement as above reminds me of words attributed to Henry II of England, with regards to some 'Shameful contemptus by a low born cleric'.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:53 pm

I think we should start promoting L4U on FB as I really get fed up talking to myself and you lot, I have far better conversations with my cat Mona,
'to be really honest!.... :cool:
You might like this: some groupie fan's art of A3, big-nose obviously on your right..'talented I reckon..
Ps: If you are wondering who the f**k I'm talking about here's a clip, they ain't rich, they ain't famous except-in their own lunchtimes...
phpBB [video]

Mind you if you were a fan of The Sopranos you probably relate to this better,,,,
phpBB [video]

"Now That is a very very Good Band..
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:25 am

Alfie woke up to a tin of diet tuna, Bob had a dish of mince meat in gravy. Put the fire on to warm them and me up on this chilly morning. Did they appreciate the effort? More than likely not, but its my responsibility to care for those that live under my roof to the best of my abilities. Isn't or shouldn't that be the rule of any home?

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:10 am

You can only do that "D" if you have the resources to do so. I see it has nothing really, and the village does appreciate our efforts, we never go with out bread on bread making day, and often have a knock on the gate with cakes and different items of food. What you put in you get out. Its no good people saying what they say, our village is a close community, and we help each other whenever we can in someway or other. And regarding me getting shut of cast off's and dumping my second hand things off is a despicable thing to say, especially when there are a lot of people in the West use charity Shops, and even Pawn Brokers to purchase goods they may never get.

Its like I say you only get out what you put in! And because Gorf is a close knit community, we support each other to ensure that close knit is not destroyed. Of course we get people that come to live in the village from other Countries that frown up on the way we live, but they are the ones missing out.

Last year 4 of us outsiders clubbed together and provided the materials to resurface the village roads and footpaths, we all often provide books and writing material for the children for school, and even sweets on occasions for the children. If the local people do not have the resources to improve their lives then those that can SHOULD help. There is nothing wrong in Community life with that.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:17 am

Nothing wrong at all MT only thing wrong is keep bragging about what you do. Surely it is enough for you and your neighbours to know otherwise it just looks like you are doing it to impress others?