Red Sea tourists lured to Luxor

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Red Sea tourists lured to Luxor

Post by newcastle »

Travel & Tourism News 14/01/2020
Egypt to launch flight routes linking Luxor and the Red Sea

Egypt’s Minister of Tourism and Antiquities Khaled al-Anany announced that the ministry is set to roll out a new program called “Come to Egypt”, which will link Hurghada and Sharm El-Sheikh with Luxor.

During the sidelines of the opening of Alexandria’s Eliyahu Hanavi synagogue on January 11, Anany said that this program will launch new flight routes connecting Luxor with several Red Sea governorates, facilitating tourist visits to Luxor’s remarkable archeological sites alongside the Red Sea’s resorts.

The ministry is aiming to establish this program before the ITB Berlin Travel convention, expected to start in Germany in March, he added.

Anany referred to the government’s recent decision to unify the ministries of Antiquities and Tourism, asserting that this fusion would fruitfully result in solidly unifying Egypt’s various kinds of tourism.

Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities has recently made several decisions to bolster tourism, including half-priced tickets for foreign tourists visiting archeological sites and museums in Upper Egypt’s Qena, Luxor and Aswan.

Another recently approved decision by Anany earlier in January included the establishment of new ticket booths at various sites and museums, such as the Red Sea’s Hurghada Museum, in the hopes that it will make buying tickets a smoother process for visitors.

Anany is also currently working on digitizing the process to reserve tickets for archaeological sites and museums across the country, allowing tourists to buy tickets online ahead of time.

The Ministry hopes the step will eliminate long lines at Egypt’s popular tourist spots, according to an announcement made by Anany.

Source: Egypt Independent https://www.egyptindependent.com/egypt- ... H1u8DUo-Cc

Experience the magic of Egypt where it all begins
(y) facebook.com/friendsofegyptsupporttourismtoegypt

So it looks like Luxor will soon be swamped by the kiss-me-quick, sun-Sea-sand, boozy brigade from Hurghada and Sharm desperate to improve their archaeological knowledge.

You lucky people! :lol:

Darkstar
United Kingdom

Re: Red Sea tourists lured to Luxor

Post by Darkstar »

This could be mixed blessings, one the one hand getting to Luxor by air from Manchester should be easier as i believe easyjet and jet2 flyto Sharm and Hurgarda. On the other hand the place could be overrun by drunken russians and kiss-me quick day trippers. I think i could deal with that if it makes it easier and cheaper to get to my favourite place.
Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

There was a time when you could see many 'kiss me quick day trippers. The difference being that many wete from the UK and stayed at least a week.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal »

This could be mixed blessings, one the one hand getting to Luxor by air from Manchester should be easier as i believe easyjet and jet2 flyto Sharm and Hurgarda.
Jet2 don't fly to Egypt. I've tried to find out why but never received an answer other than security.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:09 am
This could be mixed blessings, one the one hand getting to Luxor by air from Manchester should be easier as i believe easyjet and jet2 flyto Sharm and Hurgarda.
Jet2 don't fly to Egypt. I've tried to find out why but never received an answer other than security.
They used to....but cancelled all flights in Feb 2011 because of the obvious safety concerns at that time.

I doubt they still have concerns on such grounds but presumably consider there’s better returns to be made elsewhere with their fleet.