UK FCO update 12/03/20

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

UK FCO update 12/03/20

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I'm sure most travellers are following the travel advice of their government, and the government of Egypt. (At least I hope they are!)

The UK FCO has today updated their information. I copy below the Health section referring to Coronavirus. I have highlighted a section which I think is very important to consider when taking in the whole situation and trying to make a travel decision.

Coronavirus
There is an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) in China, but cases have been confirmed in other countries, including Egypt. The Egyptian authorities have introduced a number of measures to limit the spread of the virus.

You should comply with measures put in place by the local authorities. You should also keep up to date with information from your tour operator, transport or accommodation provider on the impact of these measures on travel plans, which may be affected at short notice.

Measures may include enhanced medical screening on arrival, with the potential for further follow-up health measures and restrictions. The Egyptian authorities may impose mandatory quarantine for visitors who test positive for coronavirus in a government isolation hospital, potentially in a remote location. Access for family members could be heavily restricted or impossible. Egyptian state facilities may be below UK standards.

Some countries are imposing restrictions on travel from Egypt. If you are travelling from or through Egypt, you should check the situation at your destination before you travel.

Further information on coronavirus, including advice on preparing for foreign travel and helping reduce the spread of the virus, is available from Public Health England and on the TravelHealthPro website.

You can find more information about cases in Egypt on the TravelHealthPro website.

The UK FCO website: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley