Not Egypt related but could be in the future

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Not Egypt related but could be in the future

Post by crewmeal »

News here in the UK over the weekend. Passengers flying back into Cardiff from Zante were found to test positive for Covid. It seems the authorities are telling customers on that flight where ever they live to self isolate. Looks like the youngsters are not immune from Covid according to reports.

From reports given by some on that flight many ignored the face mask rule and were walking around the aircraft maskless. Cabin Crew were not even checking.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/zant ... 36371.html

All the more reason to wear masks on all public transport.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Not Egypt related but could be in the future

Post by newcastle »

I don’t think anyone has ever suggested youngsters were immune to COVID-19..... merely that the infection seems to affect them only mildly, if at all. The number of youngsters experiencing serious effects is vanishingly small.

However, the jury is still out as to how good youngsters are on transmitting the infection....which is a major concern with schools returning. The possibility of youngsters passing the infection to their elderly, and hence more susceptible, relatives cannot be ignored.

That a group of youngsters partying in Greece has become a conduit comes as no surprise. Mindless partying morons seem to be the principle source of the current spate of outbreaks.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

crewmeal wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:00 am

From reports given by some on that flight many ignored the face mask rule and were walking around the aircraft maskless. Cabin Crew were not even checking.
I would imagine Cabin Crew are feeling somewhat uncomfortable in situations like this. They know that everyone should be wearing a face mask but, given the already [pre-Covid] rise in air rage, no doubt are fed up with having to police any and all misdemeanor. They are probably having to weigh up the risks of Covid infection vs riot conditions in the air. I for one do not envy their job. Gone are the days of a Trolley Dolly job being a glamorous job.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:38 pm
crewmeal wrote:

I would imagine Cabin Crew are feeling somewhat uncomfortable in situations like this. They know that everyone should be wearing a face mask but, given the already [pre-Covid] rise in air rage, no doubt are fed up with having to police any and all misdemeanor. They are probably having to weigh up the risks of Covid infection vs riot conditions in the air. I for erone do not envy their job. Gone are the days of a Trolley Dolly job being a glamorous job.
True...although having experienced a similar laissez-faire attitude from Pegasus crew on my recent Istanbul-Hurghada trip, I think they should intervene when passengers blatantly disregard instructions. If the pilot requests action, and there is continued disobeyance, the culprits face arrest on landing....a thought which might make them comply.

I don’t see a huge distinction between a drunken passenger making a nuisance of himself ( increasingly - herself) and a possibly COVID infected idiot spraying me with their saliva.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

newcastle wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:20 pm
HEPZIBAH wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:38 pm
crewmeal wrote:

I would imagine Cabin Crew are feeling somewhat uncomfortable in situations like this. They know that everyone should be wearing a face mask but, given the already [pre-Covid] rise in air rage, no doubt are fed up with having to police any and all misdemeanor. They are probably having to weigh up the risks of Covid infection vs riot conditions in the air. I for erone do not envy their job. Gone are the days of a Trolley Dolly job being a glamorous job.
True...although having experienced a similar laissez-faire attitude from Pegasus crew on my recent Istanbul-Hurghada trip, I think they should intervene when passengers blatantly disregard instructions. If the pilot requests action, and there is continued disobeyance, the culprits face arrest on landing....a thought which might make them comply.

I don’t see a huge distinction between a drunken passenger making a nuisance of himself ( increasingly - herself) and a possibly COVID infected idiot spraying me with their saliva.
I do agree with you. I have real problems with people who make a contractual agreement and then want to break all the rules an regulations they have agreed to.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal »

Gone are the days of a Trolley Dolly job being a glamorous job.
Yes you're quite right Hepzibah. When I was flying we never had air rage as such until the late nineties when stag parties in Amsterdam and such places were the rage. Drunken idiots throwing up all over the place caused management to esure we had Hepatitis B jabs.