covid test hurghada

Get the best advice about your holiday in Luxor.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

garfield4

covid test hurghada

Post by garfield4 »

Does anybody have personal experience of this? I need to know. thanks

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: covid test hurghada

Post by newcastle »

As I will be making use of it in January ( unless the rules change) I have been following the comments of arrivals on various forums such as mentioned below. You have to join the group to read posts.

Hurghada Tourist Information Group

Hurghada Holiday Advice

Hurghada’s Good and Bad News

From what I’ve read, the process is simple and quick. It costs $30. You are asked to self isolate for 24 hours ( in your hotel or other accommodation) and they will contact you if the result is positive.

If no contact, you can assume it’s negative.

Those who test positive will be required to isolate for 14 days and , presumably ( although information is thin on the ground), the authorities will monitor your compliance in some way.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I have a friend who is returning from Turkey in the next couple of days I will ask him and post.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

My pal from Luxor say's loads of people are returning and it's dead easy.
Yeh! right as he hasn't left for well over a year.
Nothing is easy in Egypt, we all know that, do we not ?

If and if things are sorted, I will probably return in January, if big if, If I feel it's safe.

Until then I will stay here where I know what is what.. 8)

Ps: "It's not the journey ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe".
or, as in mycase flying with 'total prats that don't wear ppe masks. And there is plenty of them...

https://www.google.com/search?q=latest+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Angela
Egypt

Post by Angela »

I know someone that came back to Egypt a couple of weeks ago and had the PCR test at Hurghada. She stayed a couple of night in a hotel before travelling to Luxor and she had to provide contact details and if you don't hear anything within 48 hours, you are negative.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Am I missing something? "If you don't hear anything within 48 hours then you are negative" I thought you needed some paper to say that you are negative to travel through the check points to another city.

Grandad

Post by Grandad »

DJKeefy wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:35 pm
Am I missing something? "If you don't hear anything within 48 hours then you are negative" I thought you needed some paper to say that you are negative to travel through the check points to another city.
@DJKeefy
Nah DJK! You've got it all wrong after all it IS Egypt you are talking about.......you only need paperwork to prove THAT YOU HAVE GOT IT ;) ;) :lol:
Grandad :gg:

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

DJKeefy wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:35 pm
Nope!

And for the rest they just ram a swab up your nose. No throat job.

It’s a joke really.

Angela
Egypt

Post by Angela »

I have a rather boring interest in logistics. I would love to be a fly on the wall and to see the journey of a swab taken at Hurghada airport, to the lab for testing, and so on...fascinating I am sure.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Angela wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:14 pm
I have a rather boring interest in logistics. I would love to be a fly on the wall and to see the journey of a swab taken at Hurghada airport, to the lab for testing, and so on...fascinating I am sure.
You’re assuming the swab goes anywhere but the nearest bin :lol:

Angela
Egypt

Post by Angela »

newcastle wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:29 pm
Angela wrote:
No comment. :D

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer

Post by BBLUX »

Angela wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:15 pm
newcastle wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:29 pm
Angela wrote:
No comment. :D
Or used for the next customers!

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Chris
Egypt

Post by Chris »

I travelled from London Gatwick to Hurghada last Thursday with Easyjet. The plane was practically empty so I had no problems in socially distancing from other passengers. Apart from the wearing of masks there were no other checks at Gatwick or boarding.
Before landing in Hurghada all passengers were given an Egyptian Government health questionnaire to complete. I had already downloaded and completed it . All passengers were informed that those who had a PCR certificate would disembark first and those without to remain seated.
I had my PCR and was asked for it and the health questionnaire before passport control. All staff at the airport wore masks. There was no temperature check for me. Don’t know about those who did not have a PCR who presumably were taken off to have the swabs taken.
At the luggage carousel there was a guy spraying all the luggage with sanitizer.
I stayed overnight in a Hotel in Safarga. The Hotel was scrupulous about hygiene. All the towels cups and glasses in the room were sealed in covers. There was a small bottle of sanitizer, disposable masks and gloves in the room. All the staff wore masks. The Hotel Reception told me that no one self isolates after arriving from the airport and they did not ask to see my PCR certicate.
However, not one guest at the Hotel wore a mask and they did not practise social distancing. I stayed in the room for almost all the time except in the restaurant where I found a quiet corner away from everyone. The cutlery was on the table in a sealed container. Although it was a buffet the food was behind glass screens and chefs served the food.
I had ordered a taxi from Oceanus, in Luxor, to transfer me to Luxor. Oceanus needed a copy of my PCR and passport to arrange the license to transfer me through the checkpoints. Not sure if the PCR was a Government requirement
Since I arriving in Luxor on Friday I have not ventured outside. Looking out over my roof terrace there is no social distancing and no one is wearing a mask. Fortunately the family in my building is doing my shopping for me. The good thing is that the weather is so warm after the miserable weather in England.