Teacher in Upper Egypt 'beat girls for praising El-Sisi'

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Teacher in Upper Egypt 'beat girls for praising El-Sisi'

Post by DJKeefy »

Prosecutors are investigating a teacher who allegedly hit female pupils after one of them praised army chief Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi.

The mathematics teacher at a preparatory girls' school (ages 12-15) in Minya, Upper Egypt is accused of verbally and physically assaulting 25 pupils during the incident earlier this week, Al-Ahram Arabic news website reported.

The teacher allegedly let out a string of expletives and slapped the girls around the face, Al-Ahram added.

School headmaster Mohamed Essameddin disputed the allegations, but referred the teacher for investigation.

Egyptians have been divided between loyalists of deposed president Mohamed Morsi and those who favour the military which ousted him in July amid mass protests against his rule. Tensions have been heighted at universities and schools since the start of the academic year in September. Protests on university campuses have at times boiled over into violence between rival students.

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/86431.aspx

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Teacher in Upper Egypt 'beat girls for praising El-Sisi'

Post by Dusak »

I see on the news that the twelve students that stormed the university offices in Cairo? Received seventeen years each imprisonment. I wonder what this teacher will get if found at fault?
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Rather beggars belief that a teacher - a professional - would slap anybody.

Teaching is an old profession and guided by many rules, regulations, ethics, codes of conduct that can be found most anywhere in the world. Am sure the teacher could have resorted to many other ways to deal with students than to whack 'em. Seems quite far fetched to think that a teacher wouldn't realize of know that slapping a student isn't too kosher and I really do know different strokes for different folks.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I have seen a teacher in Cairo lining children up in the school yard and clearly get a great satisfaction out of beating them one by one as they passed on their way to class, while the female teacher seemed to enjoy watching.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Rather beggars belief that a teacher - a professional - would slap anybody.

Teaching is an old profession and guided by many rules, regulations, ethics, codes of conduct that can be found most anywhere in the world. Am sure the teacher could have resorted to many other ways to deal with students than to whack 'em. Seems quite far fetched to think that a teacher wouldn't realize of know that slapping a student isn't too kosher and I really do know different strokes for different folks.
Perhaps by today's standards, but certainly not during my school years.
BENNU wrote:I have seen a teacher in Cairo lining children up in the school yard and clearly get a great satisfaction out of beating them one by one as they passed on their way to class, while the female teacher seemed to enjoy watching.
That example would probably be a sadistic sexual pleasure moment.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I held the record at one of my schools for being beaten for 3 years, sadly until the PM's son of Nigeria ascended my throne…..:cool:
Ps: 'mind you I was beaten at all my schools, I can understand why….
Oh Ye! and 'How come 'Her Maj hasn't sent me an email wishing me well on my centenary ?
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Who2 wrote: Oh Ye! and 'How come 'Her Maj hasn't sent me an email wishing me well on my centenary ?
Perhaps because you live in Lapland. :vc:
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Guess it is kinda philosophical depending on your stance:

Should corporal punishment be allowed in schools? Is it actually ok for a teacher to smack a child who is misbehaving? And should boys and girls be treated the same re: discipline?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

No child should ever be hit under any circumstances, at school or home or street. But here it is a regular occurrence. I have witnessed small children hit and slapped with great force on buses, in shops and on the street just because they are dragging their heels or wailing or having a slight tantrum. You can only think that it is also happening within the home. I could give you examples of what my friend had to endure during childhood from the age of six, her earliest memory, but I doubt that you would be able to believe it.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I could give you examples of what my friend had to endure during childhood from the age of six, her earliest memory, but I doubt that you would be able to believe it.
Believe me I would and could believe every word and probably top it.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

"Spare the cane and spoil the child". Didn't do me any harm ...
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Brian Yare wrote:"Spare the cane and spoil the child". Didn't do me any harm ...
As it didn't me Brian. It was, then, an excepted part of the education system. It hurt, but the pain, as do the memories, soon fade away. But, it created a negative result in some I went to school with, making bully's out of people that used to be placid due to their continued classroom punishments for misbehaving. And one or two of these newly made bullies, soon progressed into common thieves after leaving school. Not saying there is a connection, but worth thinking about.