Bomb explodes near school in Cairo's Nasr City

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Bomb explodes near school in Cairo's Nasr City

Post by DJKeefy »

A bomb exploded near a school in the northeast Cairo district of Nasr City's 7th Zone, Al-Ahram's Arabic news website reported.

The accident left no casualties or any damage to surrounding buildings, Ahram added.

The area was cordoned off as security forces and explosives experts were enlisted to assess the situation.

Initial investigations showed that a home-made bomb composed of "mortar, gunpowder and nails" caused the explosion.

More details to follow...

Source: http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/89330.aspx

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Re: Bomb explodes near school in Cairo's Nasr City

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Definitely hope the school wasn't the actual target or that anything was a target. Hope the police & military can get a handle on these acts of terror.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

A terrorist is a coward, so they use the cowards ways. Indiscriminately placing bombs all over the place, usually within range of soft, easy targets. It is nigh on imposable to find and detect these devises unless intelligence is spot on. But when you have so many factions with their individual grudges to settle, it will be a hard task to prevent it happening. And if it escalates, back go the no travel warnings, and back go the clocks to where it all began the first time. This is slowly turning into a no hope destination.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Assuming it actually happened, and only Egyptian papers and others quoting al Ahram are running it and Reuters didn't run it, its an odd place to explode a bomb because Nasr City is a brotherhood hotbead and I can't see them s..... in their own backyard.

I reckon the story is a fabrication. Can anyone find BBC, AAP, AP, AFP or even TASS actually covering it with their own eyes. Cairo is teeming with journalists at the moment so someone other than an Egyptian must have seen it.