Another bomb defused in a public bus in Heliopolis.

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Another bomb defused in a public bus in Heliopolis.

Post by DJKeefy »

Police has managed to defuse another bomb planted in a public transport bus at al-Hegaz Square in Heliopolis, state-run agency MENA reported.

A security source said the bus was empty, adding that civil defense agents are combing the area to ensure no more detonative devices are present.

The discovery comes two days after a bomb exploded Thursday in a bus in Nasr City, injuring five, while police defused another one in the same area near Al-Azhar University.

A third bomb was defused outside Kafr al-Sheikh Security Directorate on the same day.

Source: http://www.egyptindependent.com//news/a ... heliopolis

Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Re: Another bomb defused in a public bus in Heliopolis.

Post by Hafiz »

I'm like a stuck record. No-one, other than Egyptian media, are running this story as their own and the overseas media are quoting the Egyptian eyes report.

If you wanted to frighten the s... out of the middle classes Heliopolis would be a good place start and the recurring theme of dead/injured/endangered children would add further chill for the voting classes as well as consolidating the lesson that ... kill (try to kill) children. Whoever did it, if it was actually done, wanted to frighten the carriage trade and mothers with children. Who would want to do that?

I reckon that there are grounds to believe that the reporting and the actual outrages are not all they seem and that the international press agencies suspect this and this is their routine reason for not re-publishing local reports. Wonder whether there aren't a few groups in the game of frightening the hell out of voters in addition to the usual suspects.