FGM trial

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

FGM trial

Post by Scottishtourist »

A 13 year old girl died during the procedure.
It has been widely reported.
This child was "butchered"and lost her life due to this stupid notion that it would somehow make her more chaste and pure.

As if that's not bad enough..the defence is that she was brought to clinic and was being treated for "genital warts!"
A 13year old girl?And she suffered allergic reaction to the antibiotic?

This is a sexually transmitted disease!It is passed on by sexual contact/intercourse!It cannot be passed on by sharing toilets/clothing/towels,etc,etc.

And the treatment for it is NOT penicillin!It is not a bacterial condition.It's a virus that lives in the body(fortunately in most cases,one that does NOT cause cervical cancer)

So,if this is the case..who has been abusing her?Where did she pick up these "genital warts?"Who gave them to her?
Chastened,purified..and dead!All for the good of Allah,and for her own well-being!

God help Egypt!You are killing your own children in name of "purity and chastity."
Very sad.

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: FGM trial

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Abhorrent practice in my humble opinion, and one that has yet to be justified to me, even male circumcision can lead to death, and did recently.

Question is though... :tk What are YOU going to do about it ??? :wi

Answer: ( Nothing )
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I think that this is the case that was highlighted on the news here a few months ago. The father took the girl to get the cut, Doctor made a mess of it, girl bled to death. Father and doctor were arrested under the new laws. Doctor and father could now be saying that the girl was there for the genital warts treatment that went wrong so they can escape punishment. The powers that be here would not be interested in the why's and wherefores concerning how the child developed the warts as many still secretly accept the practice, unlawful or not, as being the parents right by tradition to have this done to their daughters.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Yes by tradition Dusak nothing to do with Islam.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

I have discussed this with people who want to do this to their daughters and I simply listen to their argument and gently say "Oh, so you are correcting a mistake that God has made?"
This usually embarrasses them and they become confused. So we drop the subject. Often. later, I am told that they have researched the subject deeply and discovered that it is a tradition and not strictly required.

It is not normally practiced in Saudi Arabia, but seems to come from central Africa.

What really repels me is that women who have suffered the results themselves are most often the ones who want to inflict it on their own daughters. :(
Smile! It confuses people
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

My argument has always been,Q God is Perfect? R Yes. Q He doesn't make mistakes? R No. Then why are you interfering with God's work did he make a mistake? No reply.
And it is often the women who push for it to be done.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Even having gone through this barbaric practice themselves, they would not dare to go against their families expectations towards their daughters children having it done to them. My friend agrees that it is a most terrible thing to happen to a child, and if she had children, she would never allow it to happen, family/husbands demands or not.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:My argument has always been,Q God is Perfect? R Yes. Q He doesn't make mistakes? R No. Then why are you interfering with God's work did he make a mistake? No reply.
And it is often the women who push for it to be done.
Try that line with regard to male circumcision :lol: