No Go Zones

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

No Go Zones

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today in the aftermath of terrorist attack on Journalists in Paris many in the News media were analyzing what happened and talking about the enormous influx of Muslims to the EU. One phrase "no go zones" kept coming up. These seem to be areas where the concentration of Muslims is very high and essentially non-Muslims i.e. police just do not go.

I'd never heard this phrase before - "no go zones"

Anybody else familiar with this? Can you elaborate further?

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: No Go Zones

Post by Dusak »

Forty years ago there is an area called Huyton and Kirby. These where so violent areas of Merseyside that they were deemed to be no go areas by lone police officers. At the time these areas had the highest number of fast response armed police patrol units in the country.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

I lived in a town that had an influx of Pakistani and Indian peoples. They took the jobs that British people didn't want to do, bus drivers, street cleaners, dustbin men. They weren't earning much money so had to live in the poorest part of Bolton, streets full of terraced houses with outside loo's. They gathered together in one area because that's where they could afford to live. They worked hard they had the greatest ambition for their kids, they wanted them to get a good education, they wanted a better life for them. Eventually they became more affluent, because of all the families pooling their resources buying first one a shop, then another a small business. That is when a great deal of resentment began, "Paki Bashing" became quite widespread.
There were no go area's in my town, not where the police were afraid to go but certainly areas where white youths would not venture. Who was to blame for that, they themselves.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

For example, villages in Upper Egypt.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I really had not heard that term used before. I still don't have a full grip on it right now but was being used to reference today large areas of different cities (don't know which) in France that have had such large influxes of Muslim people who have essentially taken over. Sharia law is applied and police and other essential services do not go there.

I need to research this more as it is a new term to me so am not totally sure I've got the entire meaning and all implications of how it is being used today in, for example, Paris. Does it really mean Sharia law is active as the law of the land in some communities? What happened to the constitutional law? Just ignored? ???
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

carrie wrote:I lived in a town that had an influx of Pakistani and Indian peoples. They took the jobs that British people didn't want to do, bus drivers, street cleaners, dustbin men. They weren't earning much money so had to live in the poorest part of Bolton, streets full of terraced houses with outside loo's. They gathered together in one area because that's where they could afford to live. They worked hard they had the greatest ambition for their kids, they wanted them to get a good education, they wanted a better life for them. Eventually they became more affluent, because of all the families pooling their resources buying first one a shop, then another a small business. That is when a great deal of resentment began, "Paki Bashing" became quite widespread.
There were no go area's in my town, not where the police were afraid to go but certainly areas where white youths would not venture. Who was to blame for that, they themselves.
My brother was once working in Bolton, and stopped at a local shop to buy a sandwich. He then sat in his car to eat it, when the shop owner came out and told him to drive away as he was in 'the wrong area' and would not be safe. Blatantly told him white people were not welcome and to find somewhere else to eat. Didn't mind taking his money for the buttie and the bloody can though.
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Shut up to be appreciated
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Dusak wrote:Forty years ago there is an area called Huyton and Kirby. These where so violent areas of Merseyside that they were deemed to be no go areas by lone police officers. At the time these areas had the highest number of fast response armed police patrol units in the country.
Kirby is still dog rough, Huyton not so much. Toxteth is about 90% muslim and playing spot the white face when we drive into Liverpool is a tough one.
Stand up to be seen
Speak up to be heard
Shut up to be appreciated
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

LLL-I can't speak about Paris but that is essentially how it works in Upper Egypt. There are village councils made up of respected people in the village that settle disputes and even levy fines on people for transgressions and for breaking previously brokered peace agreements between parties. For example, two parties may be fighting over something, insulting eachother, maybe even beating eachother up. They go to the council and the council says you have to stay away from one another and not exchange any more insults and whoever breaks it will have to pay 10,000LE or 50,000LE or some amount so large that it really acts as a deterrent. This is done outside the government justice system but the government knows it goes on and is OK with it because it actually works really well. People don't want the police intervening as they are always outsiders and may actually get attacked if they try to intervene in disputes. This is not sharia law though but rather orfi law.
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

My Gran used to get on with the Pakistani's in Bolton until a) her shop was set on fire b) her house was broken into, things stolen and then the house set on fire and c) she was mugged in the street by two lads - she did manage to hit one with her walking stick before she was knocked to the ground - all 3 incidents were carried out by Pakistani muslims. She was forced out of the house and the area where she had lived for 40+years - that area soon became a no go area for non-muslims. This was in the mid to late 70's.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Robbo70 wrote:
Dusak wrote:Forty years ago there is an area called Huyton and Kirby. These where so violent areas of Merseyside that they were deemed to be no go areas by lone police officers. At the time these areas had the highest number of fast response armed police patrol units in the country.
Kirby is still dog rough, Huyton not so much. Toxteth is about 90% muslim and playing spot the white face when we drive into Liverpool is a tough one.
Sorry, I meant to say Toxic Toxteth, not Huyton, which had its problems, but not to the extent of the other two.

It would be interesting to discover where in the world our white faces are actually welcomed in predominantly non Caucasian lands, not
just tolerated for financial rewards. We f*** it up every time we stick our noses into another country.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.