Doctors Syndicate (fate of missing doctor in Luxor)

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Doctors Syndicate (fate of missing doctor in Luxor)

Post by DJKeefy »

Doctors Syndicate asks prosecution, Interior Ministry to reveal fate of missing doctor in Luxor.

The Doctors Syndicate called on prosecutor general Nabil Sadek and Interior Minister Magdy Abdel Ghaffar on Saturday to reveal the fate of a missing doctor in Luxor.

The newly graduated doctor was to serve as a doctor inside a state-owned clinic in Luxor city, as assigned by the Health Ministry. He reportedly went missing on 20 July, his mother told the syndicate.

“The Doctors Syndicate had previously informed the prosecutor general and Interior Ministry’s offices regarding the missing doctor Ahmed Mohamed Meshal on 31 July, and the doctor is still missing,” read the official statement issued by the syndicate Saturday.

On Thursday, the Doctors Syndicate filed a report to the top prosecutor of Sohag, Hany Al-Gohary, stating that the doctor was assaulted at Sohag educational hospital.

Two relatives of a patient assaulted a doctor on Tuesday because they were not allowed to visit the patient in the intensive care unit, according to the syndicate statement. The doctor sustained multiple injuries, including an eye injury, concussion, and blurred vision.

The doctor was held in the hospital for treatment and could not testify at the police station against the attackers.

The prosecution released the assaulters on Wednesday, lacking evidence on the reported incident. This urged the syndicate to call on the prosecutor to start an urgent investigation into the incident, in a move to “prevent further attacks on hospitals that work with minimal resources”.

Source: http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2016/08/0 ... tor-luxor/

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Doctors Syndicate (fate of missing doctor in Luxor)

Post by DJKeefy »

I remember when a friend of mine had a really bad motorbike accident (he was dying, and did so after a few days. RIP Mahmoud), when his parents tried to get into the hospital, the security would not let them in, it's like mayhem on the main door into the Luxor Hospital, it really upset me seeing people trying to get in to see their loved ones.

What is the reason behind all the security and the refusal to let people in?
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

However, having been in hospital in Luxor and seeing how the relatives set up home, ignore rules and regulations, and don't let the nurses and doctors do their jobs I can see why they try to keep so many out.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Bearded Brian wrote:However, having been in hospital in Luxor and seeing how the relatives set up home, ignore rules and regulations, and don't let the nurses and doctors do their jobs I can see why they try to keep so many out.
I've witnessed the same mayhem in the public hospitals here.

Admittedly, the services, cleanliness etc, leave a lot to be desired but it's not helped when a mob of relatives are shouting the odds, imploring hard-pressed staff to attend to their injured party as a priority,....proffering their own "medical" advice etc..

Of course, with everyone having a mobile phone/camera these days, security might also be reluctant to admit extraneous personages for other reasons :urm: