Bryan Wood

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Bryan Wood

Post by Major Thom »

Just to let people know it's with regret to break the news Geordie Bryan Wood passed away tonight at 6.30pm. Condolances to his partner Sheila. Bryan and Sheila were regulars on the West Bank and once owned a property in Ramla and later rented a flat in Ramla. Myself and Lynne spent many happy hours with Bryan and Sheila and we both will miss him dearly. I shared many hours with Bryan, joking, winding people up and having a whale of a time. RIP

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Bryan Wood

Post by Horus »

Very sad for those concerned, my condolences to all.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Re: Bryan Wood

Post by Major Thom »

Bryan was last in Luxor for his 6 month stay last Winter, but was taken ill in the January, a few Forum members including Carrie searched Luxor for the medication he required but it was not available in Luxor and unfortunately he had to return home early. His health got worse has the year went on. He was well known on the West Bank, and often we would hear his cry of Habibi, Bryan's name for everyone. Myself and wife have far too many memories of Bryan from his bubbling Shisha to his plaintiff rendition of his favourite song, deklabuke, which he sang for the first time at Al Bairat Hotel. His only love was Luxor, and no matter what him and Shiela always made sure they got back every Winter, but alas his health failed and for us this year will be a year of reflection and a Winter of missing our dear friend and his partner. Bryan we and all your friends on the West Bank will miss you.