Camberwell Station

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Camberwell Station

Post by Bombay »

One for the Dr

Abandoned Camberwell Station could be reopened after 100 years to solve 'travel misery'
An abandoned railway station last used over a century ago could be reopened to alleviate travel misery for thousands of commuters in south east London.

Camberwell Station, which sits on the Thameslink line between Loughborough Junction and Elephant and Castle, last served passengers in 1916 before it closed amid wartime constraints.

MPs said that reopening the stop, which is now hidden entirely by nature, would be a major boost for residents who “have suffered poor transport links for years”.

Harriet Harman (for Camberwell and Peckham) and Helen Hayes (for Dulwich and West Norwood) wrote an open letter to Transport Secretary Chris Grayling to discuss their proposal.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transpor ... 92246.html

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Camberwell Station

Post by Who2 »

There are many disused tube stations in London, Iv'e been to a few raves below.
It really couldn't cost that much to reopen them and use them, try getting off at Camden station at the weekend,
when less than 1/2 mile away is Mornington Crescent closed.
http://www.londonlaunch.com/be-inspired ... PS6BxT2HRs

My favourite is this one which is opening to the public soon.. https://postalmuseum.org
Bruce & I planned robbing it and escaping down the sewers into the Thames on canoes,
we were going to call it The itsy-bitsy Train Robbery..
My uncle Fred once told me he robbed it and popped up in Baker St, I think he was telling 'porky-pies.... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Camberwell Station

Post by Brian Yare »

Bombay wrote:One for the Dr

Abandoned Camberwell Station could be reopened after 100 years to solve 'travel misery'
An abandoned railway station last used over a century ago could be reopened to alleviate travel misery for thousands of commuters in south east London.

Camberwell Station, which sits on the Thameslink line between Loughborough Junction and Elephant and Castle, last served passengers in 1916 before it closed amid wartime constraints.

MPs said that reopening the stop, which is now hidden entirely by nature, would be a major boost for residents who “have suffered poor transport links for years”.
This one?