Another Vehicle Related attack...

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Another Vehicle Related attack...

Post by Zooropa »

On London Bridge BBC reporting.

Best get my ducks in a row - they are calling it an "incident" at the moment.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Another Vehicle Related attack...

Post by HEPZIBAH »

'Van hits pedestrians' on London Bridge in 'major incident'

Police are responding to reports that a van has hit a number of pedestrians on London Bridge in central London.
Witnesses have said that armed officers are understood to be at the scene after a white transit van mounted the pavement before driving into people.
The Met Police say they are dealing with an incident on the bridge and "multiple resources" are in attendance.
Transport for London said the bridge has been closed in both directions due to a "major police incident".
Latest updates on London Bridge incident
Bus routes were being diverted and Southwark Bridge has also been shut, it added.
BBC reporter Holly Jones, who was on the bridge at the time of the incident, said the van was driven by a man and was "probably travelling at about 50 miles an hour".
About five people were being treated for injuries after the vehicle mounted the pavement and hit them, she said.
She said the van, which was travelling from the direction of central London, headed towards the south side of the river.
Ms Jones later reported seeing a man being arrested by police. She said he was handcuffed and had his shirt off.

London Ambulance Service tweeted: "Multiple resources attending an incident at #LondonBridge, please avoid the area".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40146916
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

And reports of another incident...
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

All looking familiar :(
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:All looking familiar :(
Echoes of the Westminster Bridge attack.

Van mows down several pedestrians on London Bridge.....continues on to Borough Market (about 2-300mtrs?)....3 guys leap out of van and start knifing people.....3 guys shot dead by police within 10 mins.
Last edited by newcastle on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Three incidents now, the police have an impossible job trying to prevent mad fanatics trying to randomly murder people.
As usual expressions of sympathy to those who have been injured, killed and their families made by the PM etc. What can be done to stop these attacks?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:Three incidents now, the police have an impossible job trying to prevent mad fanatics trying to randomly murder people.
As usual expressions of sympathy to those who have been injured, killed and their families made by the PM etc. What can be done to stop these attacks?
The Manchester bombing was different in the sense it appears to have been a carefully planned an organised attack by a terrorist network. Hopefully, enhanced security surveillance and other measures discussed elsewhere will help counter these attacks.

The Westminster & London Bridge incidents are more like "lone wolf" attacks....almost impossible to predict or forestall.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:
carrie wrote:Three incidents now, the police have an impossible job trying to prevent mad fanatics trying to randomly murder people.
The Manchester bombing was different in the sense it appears to have been a carefully planned an organised attack by a terrorist network. Hopefully, enhanced security surveillance and other measures discussed elsewhere will help counter these attacks.

The Westminster & London Bridge incidents are more like "lone wolf" attacks....almost impossible to predict or forestall.
I off down the pub in a bit for a bit of "lone wolf" drinking - with two of my mates.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Zooropa wrote:
newcastle wrote:

I off down the pub in a bit for a bit of "lone wolf" drinking - with two of my mates.
That about sums it up ;)
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Some political party's have cancelled campaigning for today (as a mark of respect :tk ) except for UKIP. is it ever a good idea to cancel this sort of thing? does it just play into the terrorists hands? so does UKIP have the right idea by not letting them interfere with our democratic process? I think they do.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

They have stopped campaigning until this evening as a "mark of respect" and I think that is right, they haven't stopped because they are frightened to campaign, UkIP in my opinion should have called a halt too for a few hours, the General Election should go ahead as planned.
Mrs May has declared that "enough is enough" what on earth does that mean?
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Many people die every day in tragic circumstances, so “a mark of respect” becomes a bit of a hackneyed remark IMO, but that does not diminish the tragedy of the situation and my sympathies go out to those involved and their families, but UKIP are right, it should not be allowed to impact on our every day life or our election campaigning, that way the perpetrators get what they want. As to what does “enough is enough” means? Well I reckon it is finally dawning on our politicians that we have been far too soft on the radicalising of young men that has gone on in our country, far to free with our open borders and far too tolerant of minority sensitivities and people are becoming angry that not enough is being done to deal with it.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

1. Pray for the victims.

2. cry on tv.

3.Superimpose a monica on our social media profile (im helping).

4.Light a candle.

5. stick together!

6. hug each other a bit tighter

7. #not all!

8. make sure we dont hate, accuse or blame ANYONE for the attacks.

9. Smear anyone with the balls to actually point out the problem, vilify them and call them islamophobic.

10.Defend our way of life and say they will never defeat us.

11. Wait for the next attack.

12. Rinse and repeat.
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

Should have blown up the boats from Turkey and Libya years ago.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Bearded Brian wrote:Should have blown up the boats from Turkey and Libya years ago.
Have a care Brian.

Even if you're unconcerned about blowing women children to kingdom come, all those plastic life vests, shredded in the Mediterranean, would be a major environmental problem :ct
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:
Bearded Brian wrote:Should have blown up the boats from Turkey and Libya years ago.
Have a care Brian.

Even if you're unconcerned about blowing women children to kingdom come, all those plastic life vests, shredded in the Mediterranean, would be a major environmental problem :ct

I think destroying the boats is an excellent idea Brian.

No doubt, you know by now that Newcastle has absolutely no solutions on this issue just belittling comments on everybody else's.

Obviously the boats would be destroyed once commandeered and free of any womens & baaybees so that they cant be used to traffic more people.

But blowing them up whilst full of people suits Newcastle's hand wringing extreme virtue signalling attitude on this issue.

First, second & last rules here in any circumstance is that any solutions must not upset or offend anyone.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

But Brian seems quite serious in his"final solution" "real solution" approach to immigrants. This from an earlier exchange:

Bearded Brian wrote:

If they try to cross a boarder just shoot them - may be a bit hard on the first few that get killed but would then stop the majority trying.

Newc : Rather inhumane don't you think?

Bearded Brian : No not in the long run

Newc : I suppose you'd pitchfork the kids, swimming for their lives, back into the Aegean surf :urm:

Bearded Brian :Yes

I could quote other examples.

Perhaps it was just an "off the cuff" remark in poor taste :urm:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Zooropa wrote:
No doubt, you know by now that Newcastle has absolutely no solutions on this issue just belittling comments on everybody else's.

First, second & last rules here in any circumstance is that any solutions must not upset or offend anyone.

I've never said that. Is there no end to your hyperbole? It's wasted on me. I'm quite happy with my values and am not in the least concerned that others don't share them. "Belittling" is an unnecessarily perjorative term for reasoned questioning of the "solutions" offered by others. Where the solution is beyond what any reasonable person would consider appropriate then, yes, I will "belittle" or apply sarcasm or whatever. Sometimes it's the only appropriate response.

I've only indicated that any solutions would need to be reasonably consistent with British values regarding freedom and justice and not result in terrorist attacks being even more likely.

Some of the "solutions" I've seen mentioned here just don't cut the mustard IMO.

May said yesterday "enough is enough". Well, let's see what the combined intellect of the government and security apparatus come up with. I'm sure they are aware of the more draconian solutions being bandied about on social media. I doubt they'll be pursuing them.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

newcastle wrote:
Zooropa wrote:

I've never said that. Is there no end to your hyperbole? It's wasted on me. I'm quite happy with my values and am not in the least concerned that others don't share them. "Belittling" is an unnecessarily perjorative term for reasoned questioning of the "solutions" offered by others. Where the solution is beyond what any reasonable person would consider appropriate then, yes, I will "belittle" or apply sarcasm or whatever. Sometimes it's the only appropriate response.

You didnt say it but your attitude belies it. I couldnt care less if you are comfy with your values or not, thats not why i criticise you on them.

"Reasonable" bar to be set by you no doubt.

I've only indicated that any solutions would need to be reasonably consistent with British values regarding freedom and justice and not result in terrorist attacks being even more likely.

I couldnt care less about British values, i would support solutions. As i have pointed out, any solution will not reduce the amount of attacks, thats not how wars work.

Some of the "solutions" I've seen mentioned here just don't cut the mustard IMO.

May said yesterday "enough is enough". Well, let's see what the combined intellect of the government and security apparatus come up with. I'm sure they are aware of the more draconian solutions being bandied about on social media. I doubt they'll be pursuing them.

As doubtful as you offering any solutions or retaining any authority on this subject no doubt.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I was lead to believe that once the empty boats have been thoroughly inspected for any possible clues as to who, when and where these boats set sail from, they were destroyed in an environmentally friendly way. The biggest problem Europe has is the safe disposal of the hundreds of thousands of life jackets that are washed ashore every day. So what is the better choice for these people that are fearing death at any given moment in time? Get blown to shreds in their own country, or chance not drowning while getting to a safer haven? Funny no one :urm: has mentioned the environmental impact all those dead body's are having on the Oceans. You could be consuming the DNA from countless thousands of ''unclean'' immigrants, the possible carriers of hundreds of deadly bacteria. Perhaps they could be imprisoned for being part of this growing problem so as to make your fish and chip suppers diarrhea free. Our problem is, as side line viewers, is that we have never experienced pure fear and dread. We have never witnessed our children, wives, husbands, Parents, brothers and sisters being casually slaughtered in the most horrific ways in front of our own eyes. These folk do create a problem for all concerned, but the main problem is created by those that are not concerned.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.