Attachments

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Attachments

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Keefy, I see that under the post/reply box, there are many file types that you can attach to a message. Does this mean that I can attach a photo, larger than the limit within the album system? I ask because I have made a panorama that I'd like to share, but it needs to be at least 2000-2500px wide for it to look good - even at that size, it will be less than 500K. If I fill in the box, will a thumbnail appear linking to the full photo?

I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Attachments

Post by DJKeefy »

Im sorry Stan but I disabled the uploading of images via attachments so people would use the Gallery instead.

If the photo is on your server or someones server then you can post the link and then use the img BBCode on the link which will then show the full size image when clicked (no limit on image size or the size of the file). If its not on your server then you can send me the file and I will upload it here for you and give you the link so you can post it.

Example:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.luxor4u.com/forum/userpostpics/tree.jpg[/img]
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Thanks Keefy - I've done it that way in the past, but thought that this might be an easier way. I'll stick it on my website, with a link, and post a much smaller version here.
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Ive re-done it for you with the big version, its just your link with the IMG tags only :)