Forum Clock

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Forum Clock

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I've just made a post at exactly 11pm BST. My computer clock showed 11pm and the clock on the top of the forum page (with the date) also showed 11pm. My post however showed it was posted at 10 something!

Which setting is wrong? Is it one I need to do from my user controls or is it an admin thing?

I'm thinking if the main clock on the forum page is agreeing with UK time that my settings are correct and it's an admin setting thing!

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Forum Clock

Post by LivinginLuxor »

check your user settings. If you were in Egypt recently and posted from there, you might have set your time to GMT+1 and forgot to alter it back when you got home!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

LivinginLuxor wrote:check your user settings. If you were in Egypt recently and posted from there, you might have set your time to GMT+1 and forgot to alter it back when you got home!
I was in Egypt in April but used my laptop - posted last night on office pc.
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Solved it - I think.
I had the right time zone but you have to click box the 'Daylight saving' bit. Hopefully this post should show the correct time.
-Aldous Huxley
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

The clock showing on top of the forum is set to your PC clock and as nothing to do with the forum system clock, the forum clock is set to [UTC +2] Eastern European Time, Central Africa (which is Egyptian time) so anyone outside of Egypt needs to set their clock in the control panel then Board preferences to the time zone of their country, you can also tick Summer Time/DST is in effect: if your country still uses the daylight saving time +/- 1 hour.
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

DJKeefy wrote:The clock showing on top of the forum is set to your PC clock and as nothing to do with the forum system clock
Oh, that explains it! I've been wondering why the clock showed British time yet all the posts come in at Egyptian time. I do have my computer set at British time ... so that I know when radio programmes start. But does that mean the forum is delving into my computer to find things out? Very worrying... :urm:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

TonyC wrote:
DJKeefy wrote:But does that mean the forum is delving into my computer to find things out? Very worrying... :urm:
Nooooo... There is no way the forum can find out any information stored on your PC :lol:

Nearly all the web uses your system clock, (it needs to) one example is when storing files to your temp internet folder (they are date stamped)

The forum clock though (for posting) is set to the time of the server in the UK.