Password

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Password

Post by Winged Isis »

When I turn on my notebook, I have to put in a password. How do I change it?

Carpe diem! :le:
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Password

Post by Winged Isis »

For any others who might like to know. Thanks to Horus on the Gold Side for the following:

Generally speaking you can change your passwords as follows:

For Windows XP do this:

1. Click on START and then CONTROL PANEL

2. Click on the ‘User Accounts’ link.

(Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, double-click on the User Accounts icon.)

3. In the “Pick an account to change” area of the ‘User Accounts’ window, click on your Windows XP user name, which should be the administrator.

4. Choose the "Change my password" link.

5. In the first text box, enter your existing password.

6. In the next two text boxes, enter the new password you would like to start using.

(Entering the password twice helps to make sure that you typed your new password correctly.)

7. Click the "Change Password" button to confirm your changes.

You can now close the User Accounts window and the Control Panel window.

Now that your Windows XP password has been changed, you must use your new password to log on to Windows XP from this point forward.

Instructions for VISTA, do this:

1. Log in to your computer as the administrator. Click the "Start" button in the bottom left corner of your desktop.

2. Type "lusrmgr.msc" without the quotes into the search box right above the "Start" button. Hit "Enter."

3. Type your current administrator password in the field if you are prompted to do so.

4. Double-click on "Local Users and Groups." Hit "Users." Right-click on the administrator account in the list that appears. Select "Set Password."

5. Enter and confirm your new password. Close all windows.

You may also try this:
(a) Press "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" keys simultaneously.

(b) Hit "Change a Password."

(c) Enter your old password, then Enter and confirm your New password.

(d) Close all windows.

Or This:
1. Click on 'Start' and then 'Control Panel'.

2. Click on the "User Accounts and Family Safety" link.

(Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the User Accounts icon and proceed to Step 4.)

3. Click on the "User Accounts" link.

4. In the "Make changes to your user account" area of the 'User Accounts' window, click the "Change your password" link.

5. In the first text box, enter your current password.

6. In the next two text boxes, enter the new password you would like to start using.

(Entering the password twice helps to make sure that you typed your new password correctly.)

7. Click the "Change password" button to confirm your changes.

8. You can now close the User Accounts window.

(Now that your Windows Vista password has been changed, you must use your new password to log on to Windows Vista from this point forward.)

Instructions for Windows 7, do this:

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, keys simultaneously and then click “Change a password”.

2. Type in your old password, type your new password, then type your new password again to confirm it, and then press Enter

Hopefully one of these will sort you out.
Carpe diem! :le: