If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

chiddy

Post by chiddy »

Hi Mr Keefy

would it be possible to set up something so that users are flagged if there is an unread message
had one yesterday and nearly missed that it was there

possibly after login to prompt and take to messages?

There is no such thing as strangers just friends yet to meet.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Message

Post by HEPZIBAH »

There is already an audible alert when the private message is first posted to you. If you are not logged into the forum at the time it sounds when you log in again.
There is also a visual alert in as much as there is a band towards the top of the page that tells you if you have new messages and also shows you if you have unopened messages.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

My message alert has stopped working. Received one from Wills yesterday dated the 8th of this month. Good job it was only a marriage proposal and nothing important like do I want a jar of Bovril. :D
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

I get an email to tell me I have a new message! I must have initiated it when I joined the Forum, although I don't remember how :|
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Just look at the message txt above the clock (top right of page), how hard can that be :roll:

Other options goto your User Control Panel, then Board preferences then enable Notify me on new private messages: to receive an email when you have a new PM.

OR...

If your using a smartphone, download Tapatalk https://tapatalk.com/ (Android, IPhone, Windows phone, Windows 8) you can set it to get notifications for topics you watch, replies to topics you made, and also Pm's.

BTW: the audible alert only sounds once, on the old style forum it sounded every time you looked at another post (which was annoying).
Wills
United Kingdom

Post by Wills »

I also get an e-mail.
chiddy

Post by chiddy »

DJKeefy wrote:Just look at the message txt above the clock (top right of page), how hard can that be :roll:

Other options goto your User Control Panel, then Board preferences then enable Notify me on new private messages: to receive an email when you have a new PM.

OR...

If your using a smartphone, download Tapatalk https://tapatalk.com/ (Android, IPhone, Windows phone, Windows 8) you can set it to get notifications for topics you watch, replies to topics you made, and also Pm's.

BTW: the audible alert only sounds once, on the old style forum it sounded every time you looked at another post (which was annoying).
already set to notify but did not work
There is no such thing as strangers just friends yet to meet.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

chiddy wrote:
DJKeefy wrote:Just look at the message txt above the clock (top right of page), how hard can that be :roll:

OR...

already set to notify but did not work
Maybe you have a different email address to one that you registered with (if so PM me with your current email address)? your email in the database is chiddy****all@yahoo.co.uk (the stars replace some characters/numbers) or maybe they are going into your junk folder, to solve this add admin@luxor4u.com and info@luxor4u.com into your contacts.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Dusak wrote:My message alert has stopped working. Received one from Wills yesterday dated the 8th of this month. Good job it was only a marriage proposal and nothing important like do I want a jar of Bovril. :D
Not only do I not get a message alert, I haven't had a "button" on that bar above the clock since June 2013, after getting a message along the lines of I wasn't allowed to pm anyone, no explanation forthcoming. All I had/have is "User Control Panel" and "Quick Links". So if anyone has pm-ed me, I haven't been rude, I'm just waiting patiently for it to be reinstated, after having asked for help a few times ages ago. At the time it disappeared, I had done nothing new to my computer and had no problems with it then, or in all that time since, had done nothing different when on the forum and hadn't broken any rules. I could, and still can, pm on the Gold Side (and could even on the Red Side which was still around at the time), so it is pretty obvious the problem is not at my end, which I pointed out at the time.

One of the reasons I rarely post. Over to Keefy.
Carpe diem! :le:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Winged Isis wrote: One of the reasons I rarely post. Over to Keefy.
Poor excuse Winged Isis, why on earth would you not post on the forum just because your PM system is not working :ni: That was not the reason you told me (Egypt4u PM), I looked at your account on many occasions and can not find the reason it's not working, If I test your permissions out (like I am logged in as you) I get the message button ok.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Not a poor excuse at all as it's only ONE of the reasons (and I did say reasonS, i.e. plural), and certainly not the main one as you say, and wouldn't ever be. I'm not having a go at you, just replying to the topic, and reminding you again, as I heard nothing for quite a while before I decreased my involvement on your forums. As it's the first time in a long, long time, I'm not being pushy. I seem to remember LLL had/has (?) the same problem. I remain patient and hopeful as ever.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Winged Isis wrote:Not a poor excuse at all as it's only ONE of the reasons (and I did say reasonS, i.e. plural), and certainly not the main one as you say, and wouldn't ever be. I'm not having a go at you, just replying to the topic, and reminding you again, as I heard nothing for quite a while before I decreased my involvement on your forums. As it's the first time in a long, long time, I'm not being pushy. I seem to remember LLL had/has (?) the same problem. I remain patient and hopeful as ever.
Anyway happy to see you posting again, hopefully you will continue to post :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I had the same problem but it was fixed quite awhile ago. I don't remember exactly what Keefy did but suddenly there I was with all the buttons and bells and whistles and whatnots. I'm working fine now - can send and receive.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

So, Keefy needs to rummage around in his memory files and try it on my L4u page, please.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Winged Isis wrote:So, Keefy needs to rummage around in his memory files and try it on my L4u page, please.
Keefy's memory files? This should be good. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I've only ever had one message - from Keefy - informing me that my post (one of my first I think) had been deleted !!

He did explain that it was because the topic had (unnoticed by me) been raised elsewhere so I didn't take umbrage :lol:
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

I love my dinging tune ..perfect pitch - - - please send me more messages . . .