Hotel required.

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Hotel required.

Post by Dusak »

I have four regular friends coming out on the 26th of June, been visiting Egypt for the last twenty years every year. This year they have been unable to book flights direct from Manchester to Cairo then on to Luxor so they are landing at Hurghada. They require a hotel for the one night stop over and have asked me to sort it out for them but I'm totally unfamiliar with the hotels there so was wondering if any member could recommend a cheap and cheerful one for them with a rough cost for B&B for the one night. Thanks.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Angela
Egypt

Re: Hotel required.

Post by Angela »

I am sure they'll be some other ideas but I always like to stay the Senzo Mall end of Hurghada as it's really close to the exit from Hurghada and the home stretch to Luxor. With children we like to keep the journey as short as possible.

We always stay at the Titanic Palace which comes in at £31 for a double room AI. We usually get collected just after lunch at 1pm, arrive into Luxor for 5pm.You friends will probably be quite tired after the journey so might like to not have to leave the hotel for an evening meal, they can just chill out until they get collected the next day knowing there's nothing further to fork out. There are much cheaper options but have a look on http://www.sunshine.co.uk, we always book through them no problems and there are lots of cheaper options even as little as £10 a night for a double room including breakfast. Don't go to a hotel north of the airport i.e towards the El Gouna end as they'll have to go back on themselves the next day when they travel to Luxor.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Thank you for that Angela. the Titanic has also been mentioned by another on here so will send them the details.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
pinkmagic
United Kingdom

Post by pinkmagic »

I 2nd the Titanic palace or the Titanic Beach which is next door. You can normally get a good rate on Travel Republic. We normally stay at the Palace and it is a lovely hotel with nice staff. This year we had a few nights at the Jungle aqua park which is the first hotel when you enter Hurghurda from the Sahara road, also very good.
pinkmagic
United Kingdom

Post by pinkmagic »

I mean Safaga road!
Angela
Egypt

Post by Angela »

Yes, Pink magic, I love the Titanic Beach too. As they are next door to each other you can use the facilities in both. With the downturn in Hurghada the nightly rates have come right down so for Dusak's friends it's probably better for then to do a nights AI than arrive in a BB and have to leave the hotel to eat, pay taxis and have to pay for their drinks etc.

I never book with Travel republic anymore after a terrible experience a few years back. We booked to stay at the beautiful Hotel Onatti in El Queseir, there were six of us, one disabled, two children under 5 and we were all very excited about our holiday. Received our vouchers from Travel Republic, our weekly count down of how many days until our holiday etc. Hooray! We were going on holiday :br Anyway, we arrived at the hotel in the minibus and the security guard at the gate looked at us a bit strange then opened the barrier. We walked into reception and thought 'Bit quiet around here?'....only to discover that the hotel was SHUT due to lack of bookings and the only person there was the Caretaker! :stp We then ended up travelling all the way back to Luxor on the same day. I can laugh now but still have nightmares every time I book a hotel now and triple check everything. So, I never use TR anymore out of principle. :td
Last edited by Angela on Sun May 08, 2016 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Angela wrote:...have a look on http://www.sunshine.co.uk, we always book through them no problems
Angela wrote:
I never book with Travel republic anymore after a terrible experience a few years back...the hotel was SHUT :stp I can laugh now but still have nightmares every time I book a hotel now and triple check everything. So, I never use TR anymore out of principle. :td
I have used Travel Republic a lot, but I have just discovered that Sunshine is even cheaper!

This is the first time that I hear about it.

Thank you, Angela.

Until recently, Travel Republic offered New Winter Palace, but it cost a lot more than Old Winter Palace.

:tk I have often wondered what will happen if you book Pyramisa Isis.
Angela
Egypt

Post by Angela »

I've wondered that too Bennu as they still promote the Isis hotel. We spent one hour in the hotel in El Queseir waiting for our driver to come back and in the meantime I mailed Travel Republic about what had happened. They didn't reply until we were on the Desert road back to Luxor saying "Your room is being prepared now" an utter lie to try and convince us that we had not taken up our booking and thus no refund was due to us.There was never any apology. We did manage to get the money back though :xx . Also they used to always promote hotels with free transfers to the airport which in reality didn't exist.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Thank you Angela for that link, cheaper than Travel Republic with who I must admit I have never had any problem.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

My friends have now booked into the Titanic, just hope it stays afloat long enough for them to book in in these tense economical times. :lol:
Angela
Egypt

Post by Angela »

Just make sure they get taken to the right Titanic as there are three, Titanic Palace,Titanic Beach (next door to each other) and Titanic Aqua park further away.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Although these long time friends are good friends, the four of them would, at times, struggle to find one active brain cell between them. They will probably start off looking for the ship. :lol: