Concerned.

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Concerned.

Post by A-Four »

i have noticed over the past year that the PM facility is some times available to me, but then again for most of the time is not. I also discovered that a couple of people on this site had tried to contact me by the PM system, but not possible.

In addition to the above problem, I have noticed that I also do not have the 'like' facility, though being that there is not a 'ldislike' part, I am none too bothered. I think that most established members on here know that I believe a forums members should be of a 'broad church' of views and attitudes, and at all costs possible, should not become a clique.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Concerned.

Post by Horus »

With the amount of code required to keep a forum like this up and running it is no surprise that sometimes members experience a problem. When problems do occur it is very difficult to find the actual cause, but Keefy does his best to track any problem down, but he cannot work miracles. Almost everyone has experienced a problem at sometime or another, most members just accept it happens and get on with it. As for the PM system well I rarely use it unless replying to a member and as you have said that other people were able to inform you that they were trying to contact you, therefore they must have done it some other way as you were obviously aware of it, so once again no big deal. If I have friends I wish to keep in touch with I do it via email and I suspect many others do the same, I would not rely on a forum to be doing that. As to the ‘likes’ system, again you always say you dislike it and often refer to those people using it as being in a clique, so that should be no big loss to you and nothing you have mentioned stops you from making a post or from commenting on anyone else’s contribution, so your ‘broad church’ comment is without justification as anyone can have their say within the forum rules.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I "liked" the above post just to check my "like" button was working - as I would be devastated if it wasn't :roll:

Moreover, I've nothing better to do with my time at this precise moment.

I'm not sure if my PM service is working as no-one has sent me a PM ....or an email saying they've sent me a PM which I haven't received.

Maybe it isn't working :tk

Now I'm worried.... :a82:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

I will see what I can do A-Four :) The PM system is not very good, many people have had problems with it, I have never had any reports of a problem with the LIKE system though, the forum uses scripts for it to work properly, maybe you have scripting turned off in your browser or something blocker that stops scripts?
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

DJKeefy wrote:I will see what I can do A-Four :) The PM system is not very good, many people have had problems with it, I have never had any reports of a problem with the LIKE system though, the forum uses scripts for it to work properly, maybe you have scripting turned off in your browser or something blocker that stops scripts?

Thanks Keeky, you will fix it or maybe not, you will do your best, that good enough for me. :wi .
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Post by Kevininabydos »

I have tried to contact you A-Four - I have several numbers in my phone marked as you but do not know which is the proper one. Would very much like to hear from you. If you have left me "voice box" messages I have not got them as I have no idea where they are on my phone or how to find them (you know I am as much a technophobe as you are! :D )
p.s. I have logged in here many times hoping you would post something so I knew you were about!
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Kevin, you only need to click on the button that says 'Board Index' and then scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can see a list of members who have visited in the last 24 hours. Also if you click onto the little down pointing arrow alongside their avatar and choose 'profile' you can see when the member last visited, in A4's case it was on Saturday 29th. :up
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:Kevin, you only need to click on the button that says 'Board Index' and then scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can see a list of members who have visited in the last 24 hours. Also if you click onto the little down pointing arrow alongside their avatar and choose 'profile' you can see when the member last visited, in A4's case it was on Saturday 29th. :up
This only shows "-" when I've looked....for any member.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

newcastle wrote:
Horus wrote:Kevin, you only need to click on the button that says 'Board Index' and then scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can see a list of members who have visited in the last 24 hours. Also if you click onto the little down pointing arrow alongside their avatar and choose 'profile' you can see when the member last visited, in A4's case it was on Saturday 29th. :up
I thought that it showed that information for everyone? maybe it is only visible in the Moderators tools :tk
Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

It's visible to me, Horus, so I should think it is for everyone.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Ruby Slippers wrote:It's visible to me, Horus, so I should think it is for everyone.

Board presence User statistics
Ruby Slippers

Last visited: -
Total posts

Then there must be a glitch on mine...as this is all I get with any member.

Not that I'm losing any sleep over it.... :lol:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

newcastle wrote:
I have just tested this out (in members mode) and it seems like some members do have "-" others show the date and time, I will have to look into it more, it does not make any sense at the moment to why some do and some dont :oops:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Thanks Keefy, it just goes to verify what I ws telling A4 about forum glitches, some members get the odd problem and others do not, but with a forum as complex as this one glitches are bound to occur, good job you are around to try and sort them out. :up
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Kevininabydos wrote: I have logged in here many times hoping you would post something so I knew you were about!
:hug:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Seems I now have "last time visited" data on some members...but not on others :lol: e.g.

Zooropa, yes.

Dusak, no.

Stranger and stranger...... :ni:

I see Major Thom was around in recent hours....but keeping shtumm :ct
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

newcastle wrote:Seems I now have "last time visited" data on some members...but not on others :lol: e.g.
This seems to be the case for everyone (except admins/mods) I can't work out why too :cry: I am looking it to it though :)
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

:ct I always thought that it had to do with the "hide my online status" option.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

BENNU wrote::ct I always thought that it had to do with the "hide my online status" option.
WOW BENNU you are amazing, you need a job in IT, you solved the mystery :up
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:Seems I now have "last time visited" data on some members...but not on others :lol: e.g.

Zooropa, yes.

Dusak, no.

Stranger and stranger...... :ni:

I've had the feeling for some time now that someone is attempting to eradicate me. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

I spoke too soon..... :urm: