Christmas Shows and RVCP

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Christmas Shows and RVCP

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Just watched my first Christmas show, the "Blake Shelton not so Christmas" what a refreshing show to watch for a change and the sketch where the hunters shoot Rudolph and the Elves by mistake was brill! Good laid back entertainment, reminded me of the old Andy Williams Christmas shows. Also watched the Royal Variety Command Performance, and again one of the best I have seen stars included Neil Diamond, Rod Stewart, One Direction, Tarby, Des, a little bit of good honest entertainment mixed with a blast from the past.

LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Christmas Shows and RVCP

Post by LivinginLuxor »

And I thought you were an intelligent, discerning person! The only Christmas Specials worthy of any note and with minimal reference to that season, were those of Morecambe and Wise!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Don't know about that Stan, Steptoe and son, Dads Army Christmas specials were good, but yes, M&W, still very funny.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

I like to watch most things L in L sometimes a spot of light entertainment goes down well, favourite progs. are Nat Geo, Discovery, History, and Fox Crime also like ID.

Some of the light hearted programs give me some relief from the everyday tittle tattle you have to put up with ;) :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Nothing wrong with watching TV specials that reflect the season. Sometimes the 'oldie goldies' of years gone by are spot on for relaxed seasonal watching. I tend to enjoy Christmas specials that show a variety of talent combined with music of the season. Personally I like most of Neil Diamonds songs, think Rod Stewart is getting pretty old looking but he is still up there belting out the tunes.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Reflect the season? If that were true, there would be nothing vaguely to do with Christmas as they were made weeks, if not months before!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan