Movie Mistakes

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Movie Mistakes

Post by Winged Isis »

I recently watched on TV the colour version of "Death on the Nile" again, which I hadn't seen since it came out in 70s. How hilarious, when you've been to Egypt! After leaving the Old Cataract Hotel in Aswan by felucca, they seem to be sailing south (towards the right as they look back at the hotel), then arrive at Karnak! Next they are at Abu Simbel. When they are looking in awe at Ramses' temple, Nefertari's is behind them! Then, what seems the next day, they are in Cairo!

Tonight was the James Bond movie "The Spy Who Loved Me", which I had forgotten was partly filmed in Egypt. Bond and Barbara Bach are in the Hypostyle Hall at Karnak, then he's running down stairs that look like ones at Edfu, then they are at Aswan! :lol:

Carpe diem! :le:
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Movie Mistakes

Post by Teddyboy »

I got "Pinnochio" for Christmas, and love the bit where his thumb catches alight, but then changes to the opposite hand from one frame to the next!

"A Wooden Boy!!!!!"
Barb

Post by Barb »

Its the same with the film the mummy, the Brendon Fraser one, where they are telling the story of Imhotep and how he was cursed. They start off by saying they are in Thebes and then when he looks out over the balcony of his palace there is a pyramid in front of him. no wonder people are confused when they get to Luxor and expect to see the pyramids outside their hotel window. :lol:
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I do spot these mistakes and it is quite funny sometimes.

The Wizard of Oz was peppered with them, Dorothy's hair changes length, as she and the Straw man and Tin man dance down the road, you can see in one of the scenes that the men have swapped sides on Dorothy's arm, so the film had to be cut out and put in the other way around.
This is noticable as the film is laterally inverted.

Ben Hur and the contrails in the sky was a fuuny one too. :D

more recently in 300, I noticed the shields kept changing size, they were smaller in the battle scenes...

Still, all these mistakes help me keep a grip on reality :cool:

Oh, and in the Mummy, did you notice the train stopped outside Luxor temple exactly where the Nile would have been, if they had bothered to research the area..... :cg
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

The famous Wrist Watch scene in Gladiator.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

I just remembered, when Bond was at the river's edge somewhere (not Luxor), you could see the Theban Hills in the background. :D

In Mrs Brown, with Billy Connolly and Judi Dench as Queen Victoria, there is a windsurfer gliding across the top corner. I am sure there are websites devoted to these anomalies, anachronisms and continuity errors, but I was mainly interested in ones featuring Egypt, from the point of view of those familiar with it. Has anyone else noticed any others?
Carpe diem! :le:
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Hmm, :tk

well, in the Mummy, they have to get to the Pyramid before the sun hits the Diamond on top of the Pyramid...
You see the sunlight racing along the ground towards the Pyramid base.. :stp :stp :stp

OBVIOUSLY, the sun would hit the TOP of the Pyramid first at dawn, then make it's way down the Pyramid.. :doh:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Makes me laugh when a plane takes off with two engines and lands with four or vice versa seen this many times.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

What about Tulisa hair in the X Factor, one half of the show it was blonde the other half it was dark, or Tyrones hairy chest, whats happened to it, again one half hairy the next half clean shaven.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

The IMDB site is excellent for seeing such things -it has a section in any film's write up for goofs, historical inaccuracies, continuity errors etc. One of my favourites is in Titanic, when the ship is leaving Southampton - it's name is backwards, as the film was 'flipped'!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Barb

Post by Barb »

I found a good website with them on....... http://www.moviemistakes.com/