It's Panto time!Oh,yes it is!!!

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

It's Panto time!Oh,yes it is!!!

Post by Scottishtourist »

Now,I'm more than aware that for most of our ex-pat friends in Luxor...every day is a Pantomime!
But,for those who live elsewhere...are you going to a Panto this year?And what one is it?
Do you join in the fun of them?
Or consider it a labourious task to be endured over the festive break?

There's only ONE worthy of my attendance in Scotland.The one featuring "The Krankies!"
This is not a joke!
My daughter booked one of theirs a few years ago and yes..my immediate though was "Oh God!"
But what an extravaganza!They're wonderful,hilarious,and much of their more risque humour goes right over the kids heads..but is understood by the adults.
John Barrowman is pretty good as well (big handsome hunk that he is!)
So,next week,it's **** McWhittington for me in Glasgow.
Anyone else going to any?

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: It's Panto time!Oh,yes it is!!!

Post by Brian Yare »

Oh no I'm not!
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Have to admit I've never seen or heard of anything like that locally here.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I have never known it as a Christmas tradition, but I do enjoy Commedia dell 'Arte during the summer in Tivoli Copenhagen. :py

I understand that it is very different from The Krankies" but this is pantomime as I know it. Some of the classic pantomimes have been played for more than 200 years in the beautiful peacock theatre. When the peacock opens it tail and Harlekin, Columbine, Pierrot and the other well known characters appear, it is almost magic. It is open air and now that the old garden is open as a Christmas Market it would be too cold.

:bl:

http://www.tivoli.dk/en/haven/spilleste ... meteatret/

It is supposed to be the only theatre in the world, where Pantomime is still performed as an independent art form. :gg:

:C

I am just back from a Christmas lunch where my relatives told me about this year's hilarious English Crazy Christmas Cabaret in the same garden:

Vivienne McKee and her team of crazy comedy actors present “SMARTACUS”

In those long forgotten days of sleazy slave markets and gory gladiator schools , our smartass hero, manages to escape from bondage with a revolting band of slaves. These include Russellus Crowus - a disgraced Roman suffering from an incurable down-under feeling, Madonnix - a sex icon of the arena who has known better days , Silvius Berlusconnius, less gladiator and more “glad-he -ate her”, and their Viking spin-doctor, Dr van Helsingør from Elsinore.!

This unlikely rebel army march across the boot of Italy, kicking and treading their sandalled feet on every unlucky Roman in their path. Rome’s Numero UNo - Nauseous Villainus Crassus, vows to destroy the rebels and drag Smartacus to Rome to be punished by the tri-sexual Emperor Caligula-la who is completely ga-ga !

It’s revolting ! It’s disgusting! Don’t miss this thrilling story of blood, sweat, passion, incest, sandals and bad body odour !

:C
http://www.tivoli.dk/en/scene/2013/craz ... s+cabaret/