Your song.

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Your song.

Post by Scottishtourist »

What's your favourite song?

Is there a specific one that has memories for you?
The one that always leads you to a dancefloor and has happy memories?

My personal favourite is Barry White.."My first,my last,my everything."
This says it all for me,kinda brings a tear to my eye too!
There's a special memory there for me whenever I hear it.It's unmistakable..those first few violin bars!

Bee Gees "Stayin Alive"does it for me too.
That great disco hit!

What song brings back memories for you..and are you willing to share them?

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Your song.

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Music is a big part of my life, I have way too many favourite songs to list here. I cant narrow it down to one specific song.
I have many songs attached to many Happy Memories from the past.

The Very first song I remember that I loved and still do today was the Immortal, Puff The Magic Dragon, who lives by the sea..
Made me cry first time I heard it... Bless. x8)

phpBB [video]

The first more commercial song I remember hearing that I instantly fell in love with, as I was pushing a toy car around the kitchen, and my Mum had the radio on while she was doing the washing, bedsheets being rolled through a mangle.

Groovy Kind of Love by The Mindbenders.. Eric Stewart of 10cc fame on lead vocals and guitar. So he and I would catch up again in the early 70's when 10cc were formed.

phpBB [video]
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

phpBB [video]
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Just to prove that now and again I come down to the basement here,........

As a kid, a hell of a lot of s*** hit my life at a young age, but two songs certainly had a huge influence in my life and they are, 'Ain't got no, I got life' by Nina Simone and 'Oh happy day' by the Edwin Hawkins Singers.

As I grew up, I would only listen to fast super fiscal music, with little serious content, I certainly would never do the sad and meaningful stuff, though these days I often look in on Bullet's contribution, and realise how I really missed out on so much good stuff.

I suppose it's a little like Zooropa writes above,..........screaming secrets.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

phpBB [video]
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

[quote="Bullet Magnet"]Music is a big part of my life, I have way too many favourite songs to list here. I cant narrow it down to one specific song.
I have many songs attached to many Happy Memories from the past.

The Very first song I remember that I loved and still do today was the Immortal, Puff The Magic Dragon, who lives by the sea..
Made me cry first time I heard it... Bless. x8)

phpBB [video]

I loved that song too. It brought a tear to my eye and can still do. I know there are mixed messages out there regarding what it is really supposed to represent but I am still happy to take it at it's innocent face value.

I think one of my earliest memories of commercial hit music would be sitting under the piano in primary school with a friend singing Bachelor Boy. My life has always involved music, of many genres, and although I would not have heard the radio on during the week, or my parents singing popular songs, there radio was always on for Billy Cotton's Band Show to fill the house with music.

I find I'm incapable of answering any question that requires a specific favourite as too many things, in this case songs, have their own place and time and memory in my life.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I find I'm incapable of answering any question that requires a specific favourite as too many things, in this case songs, have their own place and time and memory in my life.
You answered for me too Hepzibah. My favourites depend on my mood, where I'm at, what I'm doing, who I'm with etc
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I've just caught up with an episode of an Australian drama (no, not Neighbours or Home and Away) and during that particular episode a very old favourite of mine was played. It stirred up so many memories from my childhood. It was 'I Believe' which I remember most fondly as being sung by The Bachelors, although it has been performed and recorded by many over the years. I need to go back and find out who's rendition was being used for the programme however, I didn't so much hear them as other voices from my past.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley