Second best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Second best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I decided to go the cinema this evening and see what all the hype was about. NO....I didn't go to see *that* film but The 2nd Best Marigold Hotel one.
It was odd. For me the story line had jumped too far in such a short space of time. It also wasn't even - by that I mean some parts were really good but others just not as good as you'd expect. I did enjoy the little eccentricities - but could have done with more - that such an accomplished cast provided though. I was a bit disappointed with the dance scenes (which were actually what convinced me to see it on the big screen in the first place).
Although it came to an ending point it had also clearly left enough openings for no 3 to be produced in the future and I dare say it's being written even as I type here now.
If you want to see it but can't get to the cinema, don't worry. I think it will be just as good on DVD. (Our local cinema has 2 screens but neither can be described as big. I reckon there are folks these days with screens almost as big on their living room walls!)

I'm pleased I saw it, and if there is a no3 I will probably see that too, but it certainly hasn't left me buzzing in the way I would have expected.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

I took my mum, who enjoyed it, but I found it mostly underwhelming, with a predictable plot and too little music/dancing and laughs, saved only by the stellar cast. Unless it gets great reviews, if and when it's made, I won't bother with No. 3, and I usually will see anything with Judy and Maggie. One star out of five.
Carpe diem! :le:
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

'Underwhelmed' is a good word. I felt disappointed because I wanted to enjoy it more than I actually did.

I'm always a bit sceptical about reviews for films, books etc. All too often I've found those that have good reviews and/or are hyped up often do not satisfy me, whilst the reverse can also be true - those that are often barely mentioned I find good.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Ahhh well - I think I'll wait 'til the DVD comes out and/or until Netflix picks it up..........I very much enjoy Judy and Maggie too
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

So where does one buy these second hand erotic marigolds? Do they come in a range of sizes?
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Brian Yare wrote: erotic marigolds
:lol:

Sounds better in Danish! Our name for marigold translates: morning lady.