Jazz in my City

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Jazz in my City

Post by BENNU »

:br :bb: :song: :clap2: :cheer: :cool: :br

I am back in the city after a beautiful week of Egyptian dance at the west coast of Denmark. My main reason to leave Luxor in the summer time is ALWAYS Copenhagen Jazz Festival with more than 1000 concerts. Every year, I enjoy Mike Stern and a guest of his, tonight - one more time - the wonderful Didier Lockwood.

http://jazz.dk/en/copenhagen-jazz-festi ... rts/12267/

“No Copenhagen Jazz Festival without Mike Stern at Viften. With a career that stretches over three decades and a discography that counts more than a dozen innovative recordings, Mike Stern has established his name as a living guitar legend within jazz and jazz fusion. A five times Grammy nominee, his work spans over a broad range and view on music. In Stern's music various artistic styles meet, and new sounds rooted in jazz are created, and he refuses to stay within narrow borders.

This time Mike Stern is accompanied by Frenchman Didier Lockwood Band. Lockwood's band include Tom Kennedy and Steve Smith.”

phpBB [video]

And this is only the beginning... What a week this is going to be! :d2:

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Jazz in my City

Post by Bullet Magnet »

:lv :lv :lv

So why does this remind me of Sunny Ray ?
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Pink clouds over the water front this summer evening, a fabulous concert at the sea, cold beer, front seat as always.

I admire tenorsax Joshua Redman - this time with an awesome trio, The Bad Plus. A perfect evening in Copenhagen.

phpBB [video]

A young man followed me from the bus :zz , trying to flatter me :zz :roll: . I did not want him to know where I live, and when he refused to leave me alone, I passed my own street and continued walking until he gave up :zz . He asked me if I wanted anything from him... anything... I did not have to pay!
:mad:

For a moment I thought that I was back in Luxor, but he continued: "Are you sure you don't want something for free? :shh: I have cocaine."
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

I was walking through Brixton with a couple of teenage relatives when we were persistently approached by chap with a supermarket bag of pills and stuff "very cheap".

In Brighton if I was near the boys would be approached in a friendly manner, by well dressed young men - but if I loomed up they legged it.

Seems it doesn't matter where you are there's always a chancer round the next corner.

I was even offered hash when I was waiting for DH on the Corniche just after a balloon flight by a group of very happy young men. When I refused they persisted, so I pointed to my hijab, but they just laughed .............. until the Man Mountain appeared when they fell off the seat laughing. DH was completely bemused. 8)
Smile! It confuses people
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Drugs are expensive kids.. Never say no to free drugs ! :mrgreen:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.