Jerry Lewis 'dies aged 91'

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Jerry Lewis 'dies aged 91'

Post by Bombay »

Entertainer Jerry Lewis, one of Hollywood's most successful comedians, has died aged 91, US media report.
His 10-year partnership with Dean Martin saw them star in 16 films and achieve huge box office success.
Lewis became the highest paid actor in Hollywood, chalking up hits such as The Bell Boy, Cinderfella and The Nutty Professor.
The actor died at his Las Vegas home, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Other notable successes included The King of Comedy in 1983 in which he played a talk show host stalked by Robert de Niro.
In 1995, he became the highest paid star in Broadway history as Mr Applegate in the musical Damn Yankees.

:( :(

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: Jerry Lewis 'dies aged 91'

Post by hatusu »

Just for a minute I thought the subject was Jerry Lee Lewis. I got really confused for a minute and couldnt imagine him duetting with Dean Martin ..........Then the penny dropped.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

hatusu wrote:Just for a minute I thought the subject was Jerry Lee Lewis. I got really confused for a minute and couldnt imagine him duetting with Dean Martin ..........Then the penny dropped.
Bit like my confusion over Jacqueline Bouvier :lol:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Again, sad to lose a person, but just not an entertainer I could watch without producing the squirm factor.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Yeah, but there are many good actors out there to replace them. :up

My Favourites at the moment are Chris Pratt, Ryan Reynolds and Robert Downey Jnr.

I know who I would rather be watching..... :cg