Jake Black RIP The Very Reverend D.Wayne Love.

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Jake Black RIP The Very Reverend D.Wayne Love.

Post by Who2 »

Another dear friend has shuffled off, Jake was a highly lovable Glaswegian (a weedgie) who's mental capacity was huge.
Plus, he could be hilariously funny and had a real cutting-wit!
He will be sorely missed..

Nick said: 'that after the Gig "he passed out after a heavy session went into a coma they put him on life support but he didn't make it- going to be very strange without him x
https://news.sky.com/story/jake-black-s ... 3-11725734
Nicely written by Martin a friend of Jake's...... 8)

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Jake Black RIP The Very Reverend D.Wayne Love.

Post by Who2 »

Here's a classic Jake story :
Martin Muscatt.

R.I.P The Reverend D. Wayne Love. I first met Jake at Maggie's yard when Trakker were recording the Building Ten album. He was homeless at the time and had come to crash on Maggie's couch for a few weeks. In that time we discussed many topics; he was an inspiration. I discovered that we both liked early Jethro Tull albums, Dylan and Spanish olives. He would often sit on the floor with headphones on, listening to music while he read another novel. His intelligence and knowledge astounded me. He would encourage us with the album, saying "Thats a nice guitar solo, or "Great lyric", which I would take as a massive compliment. He had that Glaswegian wit and humour. It took a while to get some of the jokes- he and Maggie would say "Go to the shop and get me some stoat flakes and a packet of toad scratchings". Then they would collapse in laughter. Jake actually recorded a vocal on a track for our next album, but due to Maggie and I sadly falling out it was never released. Jake came with us in the car to a gig in Northampton I think it was; on the way we had a flat tyre and the police came to check us out. Imagine the scene- me on the floor trying to get the wheel off, a Transgender bass player in the back looking like a New York Doll, Allison pacing up and down on the phone, and Jake who got out of the car and insisted on calling the policeman 'Jose', I thought they were gonna arrest us all. I will never forget watching Jake marry a couple on stage whilst reciting the lyrics of "Love Me Tender" at an Alabama 3 show. A true rebel, a one-off Artist with a capital A. The world won''t be the same without him.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: Jake Black RIP The Very Reverend D.Wayne Love.

Post by John Landon »

Another one doing the great gig in the Sky. R.I.P..

I Liked his voice, he was a good performer.
I am surprised that the A3 have not been bigger than they are, especially after one of their songs was used for the Soprano series.

I hope that the Alabama 3 can continue, many groups have after loosing a key member of the band.

Best of Luck to the Alabama 3, Sorry for your loss...

WE will have our memories...