Do u know about abou "abu el haggag kabab"

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Luxor87

Do u know about abou "abu el haggag kabab"

Post by Luxor87 »

this kind of kabab but without meats at all its kabab for poor people only It is milled wheat with onions, spices, parsley this make throught banquets will be played in every house of the homes of the city to feed the expatriates come from the cities at the night called "El ashy" meaning the dinner this night before a celebration called" El dorha" meaning circuit which is being held in the last day in el mouild
abu el haggag kabab or kabab abu el haggag all families start to prepear it before the mouild start like my family right now
1- milled the wheat in the mills
2-bring a big amount onions, spices and parsley
3-bring many kilos of meats

really in this nights i swear all poor people and families eat meats but in this

Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Yes Luxor87 i have tried that kebab when i was in Cairo but was a bit to dry for me prefer the one with meat :P :P :P
always keep your words soft and sweet just incase you have to eat them
Luxor87

Post by Luxor87 »

Hurghadapat wrote:Yes Luxor87 i have tried that kebab when i was in Cairo but was a bit to dry for me prefer the one with meat :P :P :P
hhhhh anyway my mother really add some minced meat to the milled wheat and
maked wet :D :D :D
Mimimay
United Kingdom

Post by Mimimay »

I don't think I've tried that kebab before ? Kebab Hella ? or Fatta came to mind but I don't think I've had a meatless kebab before
Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image
Luxor87

Post by Luxor87 »

Mimimay wrote:I don't think I've tried that kebab before ? Kebab Hella ? or Fatta came to mind but I don't think I've had a meatless kebab before
just ask about it itsvery very famous here in luxor specialy in el moulid this is very main important thing in el moulid
just ask about i want to eat kabab abou el haggeg
Mimimay
United Kingdom

Post by Mimimay »

I asked my husband and he doesn't know it either :lol: :oops: :oops:
Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image
Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by Goddess »

Is it like a Kobeba??
Luxor87

Post by Luxor87 »

Goddess wrote:Is it like a Kobeba??
kobaba from kababa but tell us what kobaba consist of and i will tell u it likes or not
Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by Goddess »

This is Kobeba:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibbeh

It also has a fish version and a veggie version.
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Have just asked my husband and he tells me that it is kofta not kebab and is made from rice with basil and parsley and onions and every place has a different name for it and is what the poor people eat but when i asked for the name in araby he said it's just called Kofta :? he's from Cairo but think we have a bit of egyptian logic in this one :roll:
pinkmagic
United Kingdom

Post by pinkmagic »

I've had this kebab before round my husbands cousins place, but they too mixed a little meat in to make it more palatable. It is a dish most people only eat for this particular moulid, I suppose like most people only eat christmas pudding at christmas.
Luxor87

Post by Luxor87 »

pinkmagic wrote:I've had this kebab before round my husbands cousins place, but they too mixed a little meat in to make it more palatable. It is a dish most people only eat for this particular moulid, I suppose like most people only eat christmas pudding at christmas.
yeah ur alright i mention that its possible to add meat, minced meat to kabab but depend on the family state and conditions
like if he invite a lot of people or they rich enough to add meat to kabeb so it good choice because its cost a lot to them

but if not or if he invite a lot of people its meatless kabab

and today tuesday the day for this banquets so if anyone here know a egyptian friend to invite him/her to his home it will be great idea
Luxor87

Post by Luxor87 »

Luxor87 wrote:
pinkmagic wrote:I've had this kebab before round my husbands cousins place, but they too mixed a little meat in to make it more palatable. It is a dish most people only eat for this particular moulid, I suppose like most people only eat christmas pudding at christmas.
yeah ur alright i mention that its possible to add meat, minced meat to kabab but depend on the family state and conditions
like if he invite a lot of people or they rich enough to add meat to kabeb so it good choice because its cost a lot to them

and today tuesday the day for this banquets so if anyone here know an egyptian friend celebrate ask him to invite you to his home ... it will be great idea
Luxor87

Post by Luxor87 »

and today tuesday the day for this banquets so if anyone here know an egyptian friend celebrate ask him to invite you to his home ... it will be great idea
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Luxor87 you hinting for an invite to eat some kebab,only hope someone is kind enough to ask you :)
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

My Saiidi Husband knows it. Says they use wheat. Only for this moulid.
Carpe diem! :le:
Ebikatsu

Post by Ebikatsu »

Is this just what the Christians eat or do the Muslims eat this as well Luxor87?
"I think I may have swine flu…….I've come out in rashers "

pinkmagic
United Kingdom

Post by pinkmagic »

Everyone, regardless of religion, i think.
DIANA

Post by DIANA »

Well at least it sounds more interesting than the vegi kebab that they serve down at my local kebab house here in Hertfordshire. A chip kebab filled with french fries and lots of chilli sauce. A dieters nightmare. :lol:
Luxor87

Post by Luxor87 »

Ebikatsu wrote:Is this just what the Christians eat or do the Muslims eat this as well Luxor87?
kabeb only on luxor by make by muslims people and we give or invite Christians to eat it
but Christians not make kabab