Goose

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Christine

Goose

Post by Christine »

So ............ for some reason dont know why i decided it would be nice to have a Goose instead of boring old turkey this year, the last time i had Goose was when i was a kid , so my question is what do you guys recomend to serve with it, ive seen a nice recipe for a Tangerine marmalade , but would like some other ideas :)

You get out of life what you are prepared to put in x
Once bitten

Post by Once bitten »

Ahh! Christine, goose is my favourite roasting bird. I think it tastes better than anything else and is always nice and moist.
Before the invasion of the American turkey goose was the traditional Christmas fare.
The tangerine marmalade sounds absolutely wonderfull.
What about puree chestnuts, tarragon, cracked black pepper, red onion, a measure of port, cider, mix together in a pan and reduce till it is slow running of the spoon.(Just thought of this off the top of my head), it should complement your marmalade just right with the goose. Don't forget to roast your potatoes and veg. in the excess goose fat, there will be a lot of it. Keep the rest of the goose fat for toast and dripping snacks, very tasty, if fattening. :P :P 8) 8) 8) 8)
Christine

Post by Christine »

Your additional puree sounds good but i may leave the port out and add red wine as im popping some port into my gravy............ fattening :?: whats that then :?: ha too late in my case ;)
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in x
Once bitten

Post by Once bitten »

Christine wrote:Your additional puree sounds good but i may leave the port out and add red wine as im popping some port into my gravy............ fattening :?: whats that then :?: ha too late in my case ;)
Go for it! Christine, wish I was there to help you eat it. :) :) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Goose is so rich so you need something to cut through that such as lemon & thyme or apple and cranberry stuffing stuffing but you must do as OB says and roast the pots in the fat :P :P Love goose but so expensive now but really hope you enjoy it Christine :)
always keep your words soft and sweet just incase you have to eat them