Fancy an Indian...?

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Fancy an Indian...?

Post by Who2 »

Me an her indoors, She decided in her wisdom that we should go out and get pi**ed.
Well being a friday I relented..

But went to the only pub not frequented by thousands of Clerkenwell friday-night 'blow inns.
The Shakespeare's Head...
A real pub with carpets and flock wall paper, and every wall covered in autographed pictures of people who where once famous.
It's behind Sadlers Wells Theatre, and when the 3 minute bell rings at 7.30pm the pub miraculously empties.

So she pipes up I'm hungry so off we pop in search of 'she say's an 'interesting restaurant.
Browsing throughout all the trendy eateries and popping into a couple of pubs on the way ended up at a classic old indian restaurant off clerkenwell green.

A bottle of Chianti, chicken korma, prawn biriani, saag aloo, popadoms ect.. we dined alfresco next to a trendy bar of noisy, rowdy p*ss heads..
Great fun, I paid the bill £26.quid & left him the tip, He then pointed out the bit I missed £65quid, the chianti was £26quid.

I said to him "Well sorry it was just a 1960's flashback and she tossed him £70 quid, la whaala!
Ps: If you need to know the price then you cannot afford it,
She had even earlier refused my offer of us doing a 'runner purely because that's what we did back in the 60's... 8)

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: Fancy an Indian...?

Post by Bombay »

There's also a difference in going to a restaurant in the '60s and going to a restaurant in your '60s when deciding on doing a runner :wi
Ruby Slippers
United Kingdom

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Just out of interest - Bombay, have you ever had anyone 'do a runner' or try to?
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Not that I recall, had people not leave the correct money both not enough and also too much to be including a tip usually manage to catch up with them.
Had people leave without paying by arrangement and these have always been back to pay as arranged.
I think generally people on holiday would be less inclined to risk something when they don't know the consequences ie in jail when the flight is leaving etc.
dsaxelby

Post by dsaxelby »

As a youngest we thought it would be hilarious to leg it from our local Wimpy, four of us did, laughing so hard I ran straight into the lamppost outside the restaurant and knocked myself out........ fortunately the fifth had gone up to pay.

Another occasion (again at the wimpy) trying to save some money we offered to wash up, we were serious, the guy looked at us and said 'nah to young' :o

Very respectable now..... almost
It is what it is.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I think than any person that has had a curry has had to ''do a runner'' at one time or another, straight into the loo. I know I have. Not here though. :lol: I now have a large bag brought over by my friends of authentic Indian Madras curry powder, so next week I'll be trying my hand at a couple of lamb and chicken ones for the freezer. I also had two hot and two mild Maykway Chinese curry mixes. Today as my friend was round I made her a hot king prawn curry with one of these, she requested a hot one. She said it was delicious, but her tongue went numb. I just had toast as I'm still recovering from two days of chronic diarrhea that was extremely dilapidating to the bod. I caught this from food bought from a shop in Luxor, but as I can't be 100% certain, will not name it.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Dusak wrote:I think than any person that has had a curry has had to ''do a runner'' at one time or another, straight into the loo. I know I have. Not here though. :lol: I now have a large bag ...
:up Good idea!
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

I caught this from food bought from a shop in Luxor, but as I can't be 100% certain, will not name it.
In the interest of science you could always buy it again and see if it happens a second time. :D or then again, maybe not :lol:
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

BENNU wrote:
Dusak wrote:I think than any person that has had a curry has had to ''do a runner'' at one time or another, straight into the loo. I know I have. Not here though. :lol: I now have a large bag ...
You can't beat a good edit. :up
Horus wrote:
I caught this from food bought from a shop in Luxor, but as I can't be 100% certain, will not name it.
In the interest of science you could always buy it again and see if it happens a second time. :D or then again, maybe not :lol:
There is only one shop selling this food product in Luxor, I've been buying it for about five years, usually every three months or so and never had a problem before, as my friends have not that also buy it. When I opened the box I did note a very slight aroma of petrol, but when I took a closer sniff it wasn't apparent. So who knows. [not ours]
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Dusak wrote:
BENNU wrote:
You can't beat a good edit. :up
That's how I first read it! :a2:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Plenty did a runner from the Indian near the 7Days 7 Ways, it was absolutely shyte. I have never seen or tasted such terrible food. When we were in some Pakistani people sent every course back and in the end walked out.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

You seem to be spending a lot of time in the UK Gud.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Decor was quite nice, but as you say, possibly the worst Indian that I have had to regurgitate. But, the Indian inside the Sheraton hotel comes a very close and twice the cost second. Stick with Bombay. :eat [the restaurant here obviously as it would be a long ways walk to the other]