Childhood

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

hatusu
Egypt

Childhood

Post by hatusu » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:33 am

One of the things I love about living here is seeing the children playing in the street – it takes me back to my own happy childhood.( I never see it anywhere now when I go back to the UK )
Last night when I went home I walked past children playing marbles and hopscotch, and younger children playing “horsey” with brushhandles. When I was nearly home two of the neighbours children ran up to me excitedly shouting “Taxi! Taxi!” Just for a minute I was a little confused then I saw an old pushchair with the hood up, and said “Ah – Tuctuc!” They were so pleased I understood their game and literally jumped up and down with joy shouting “Yes!Yes!”

Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Re: Childhood

Post by Yildez » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:14 am

Children still play in the street here in Datca, Turkey, and similar games, hopscotch for example. You see small children, 4 or 5, going to the local shop for bread etc, and most children walk to school without their parents. A different world 😕 and one I’m very glad to live in!