Egypt Air

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Egypt Air

Post by carrie »

Egypt air announced that flights to the UK would resume on the 1st July followed by a further flight on the 6th. Unfortunately EA have just cancelled both flights. So no need to worry about health insurance and the like. Good old Egypt Air reliable as ever.

Blacksheep
Egypt

Re: Egypt Air

Post by Blacksheep »

What destination was this to on the 1st and 6th?

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal »

My feeling is many carriers won't fly into the UK until this quarantine issue is sorted out. With BA, Easy and Ryanair threatening legal action to protect their operation, then many will continue to put back their flights on a weekly basis. We now have an 'airbridge' in operation with flights to France Spain and Greece. Big deal!!!

I've officially cancelled my trip to Egypt this year based on the curfew, limited opening hours and of course the increase in the virus numbers. Additionally my agent based in Luxor says there will be no boats sailing until at least October.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

As I see it, there are a number of issues related to international flights to and from the UK at the moment, and whether it it is viable for an airline to opperate it's timetable:
- The UK government still has an 'All but essential travel' ban in place. Normally that is to stop travel to a certain place but at the moment is also to stop us leaving the country at all.
- The considerations of potential quarantine at arrival point.
- The known quaratine in place at present in the UK.

I dare say there are other issues involved too.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

I get daily calls from local friends in Luxor, telling me not to worry. It is a matter of days before I can come home. Now coffee shops and mosques will open which proves that there is no virus, except from Karnak and Television Street, they say, but I can feel safe on West Bank, especially if I do not leave the house.

I am busy planning trips around Denmark with lots of sightseeing this summer, though from today, EU is open to Danes, except Romania, Portugal, Malta and Sweden.

Great Britain and Ireland are off limits.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20200626/denmar ... -countries

While Sweden and Portugal were marked 'orange' because Denmark's national infectious diseases agency, Statens Serum Institut, judged that they have a high incidence of coronavirus, the UK, Ireland, Malta and Romania were marked 'orange' under a new criterion barring countries which impose travel restrictions and quarantine on people from Denmark. 

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Seems a bit petty for Denmark to bar UK travellers simply because of the UK’s stringent quarantine requirements for ALL incoming travellers (except Ireland).

But this is likely to change next week so as to admit Danes (and many others) to view our wonderful country and its heritage. Hopefully UK will then be removed from “orange list” and we can visit wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen......friendly old girl of a town. :a24:

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

newcastle wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:41 am
Seems a bit petty for Denmark to bar UK travellers simply because of the UK’s stringent quarantine requirements for ALL incoming travellers (except Ireland).
It surprised me this morning to learn that this was the reason! That is not the impression we get from the news.

Greetings from Wonderful Copenhagen!

When playing H. C. Andersen (which we always call him), in a failed attempt to sound Danish, Danny Kaye personally chose to pronounce the English name for our city, København, in this weird, non English, not Danish way [Copenhargen]. It makes as much sense as Americans saying “Paris” in clear American English but with a silent S. It has always annoyed me.

I might go so far as to call it cultural appropriation, if the colour of my skin allowed it, but I do not have that privilege.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well every one can come here and be safe. It is all over. No masks no early closing, mosques open again.
Went to pay my internet and veg shopping this morning. Why was I wearing the mask, didn't I know it was all over the government have said so back to normal.
I said that the virus had not gone away but that the government had eased restrictions because there was a choice, starve to death or work and risk the virus. Yes that they understood. "but Madam what else can we do?"
Nothing my friends nothing.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Methinks Lewis Carroll would feel at home in the Egypt of today. :lol:

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal »

Today Egyptair restart their schedule to London from Cairo with a daily service. The night flight won't operate yet. Remember if you do travel you'll have to self isolate for 14 days as Egypt is considered a red traffic light country. I'm not sure how that'll work because whilst waiting at immigration at terminal 2 you'll be mixing with passengers from green and amber traffic light countries or am I missing something?

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

But I thought those fights had been cancelled a friend who had booked said she had been told that by EA

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:45 am
But I thought those fights had been cancelled a friend who had booked said she had been told that by EA

MS777 - Cairo to LHR

It left at around 9.30 this morning and, as I write (11.10 am UK time), is approaching Venice.

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

I had my flight for 3 July confirmed about a week ago, with flight Luxor to Cairo tomorrow, the 2nd, and Cairo Heathrow early morning of the 3rd. It was a straight swap for my cancelled direct flight from Luxor 4 May with nothing extra to pay. I rang the office this morning and the flights are still on.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Current position of MS777 Egypt time 12.25 pm

DCBEE5F0-14D5-4FC0-B61C-0ADBE4B96583.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer

Post by BBLUX »

hatusu wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:17 am
I had my flight for 3 July confirmed about a week ago, with flight Luxor to Cairo tomorrow, the 2nd, and Cairo Heathrow early morning of the 3rd. It was a straight swap for my cancelled direct flight from Luxor 4 May with nothing extra to pay. I rang the office this morning and the flights are still on.
Good luck for the flight! How do you plan to spend your compulsory 14 days quarantine?

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

At my sisters where I always stay. But first night at the Mercure before travelling on the next day, as Im alllowed 1 nt in a hotel. So basically Im going to be travelling for 3 days, and 14 days quarantine will be a nice rest.