Safety??

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Safety??

Post by Dusak »

When I came back from my last visit to Thailand last November, I was a fat git at 89kilos. The first day back I stopped taking sugar in my tea, lost 18kilos up till now. The only problem is, now my shorts don't fit me. Thank god for the local sowing lady and elastic.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:09 pm
When I came back from my last visit to Thailand last November, I was a fat git at 89kilos. The first day back I stopped taking sugar in my tea, lost 18kilos up till now. The only problem is, now my shorts don't fit me. Thank god for the local sowing lady and elastic.
Losing 18 kg by simply avoiding sugar in your tea tells me that you must have been shovelling it in! :lol:

Doesn’t look like Thailand will be on your itinerary this year.....and I think it’s heading for another coup. How are your mates over there faring with the virus etc?

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

newcastle wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:05 pm
Dusak wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:09 pm
Losing 18 kg by simply avoiding sugar in your tea tells me that you must have been shovelling it in! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I stopped sugar and cut right back on busciuts and chocolate etc over a year ago, I probably lost 2kg :(

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

Well done all those who have lost weight, its not easy! Beer, fried food, cooking oil, (unless its pure oil) portion control and processed bread are all the main reasons that us men put weight on! My main food nowadays is fruit, especially pommogranite, melon and bananas. Its really hard to change your diet, but now fried foods make me vomit and in general feel ill, so when you know that its easy to cut out. I am 6' 1" in height, so getting close to my working weight. But I can assure you there is one thing you have to put up with, saggy wrinkled skin, bingo wings, and if you do no excercise muscle wastage. At the same time you do feel more active. I applauld anyone who looses weight now. By the way I never used to feel that way!

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Yes, the curse of the wrinkles lol. Lost most at first off my legs, then my arse disappeared, bingo wings followed. Still work every morning for 5 hours since February with enough work to do until March next year so keeping active, still have a bit of a pot belly though. Hopefully I will be able to go somewhere for hols by then.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

Good for you "D"

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Spending 6 months in hospital having my insides re-plumbed took me from 95 kg ( far too much for a 6 - footer) to 70 kg. Unfortunately, it was all muscle loss.

Rehab on a sofa at home soon replaced the lost kilos ...with fat.

Lockdown hasn’t helped.

Although I go for a walk most mornings, I hate the idea of gyms etc or physical exe4cise. All my interests are cerebral. Bridge only exercises my fingers on my tablet!

2 months in Egypt, swimming every day and on a diet with no bread or desserts, has helped. I “feel” thinner although I haven’t weighed myself. I’ll do so when I get back to London and, if I have lost some weight, try to keep it off.

If I’m honest, the problem is one of vanity. 20 years ago, pride in my looks would have solved the issue....now I no longer care. Gone from an Ibiza playboy to a cuddly grandad.

Sad . :oops:

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Bread is my downfall, can't live without it, on average a full loaf every 2 days, plus loads of spuds in all kinds of ways. But, you need some pleasure in life, that's why every morning I blow myself a kiss in the mirror. 🤗

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:08 am
Bread is my downfall, can't live without it, on average a full loaf every 2 days, plus loads of spuds in all kinds of ways. But, you need some pleasure in life, that's why every morning I blow myself a kiss in the mirror. 🤗
:lol: :lol:

I gave up mirrors long ago. Too distressing. :cry: