Luxor Egypt the facts

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Luxor Egypt the facts

Post by DJKeefy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 pm

I can't believe this is the same person who posts completely different views on here :o

phpBB [video]

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Luxor Egypt the facts

Post by Dusak » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Thank you Keefy, I now fully realize the benefits of refraining from alcohol for five years. Its all elementary :sl: my dear Holmes.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Bearded Brian » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Yes no mention of not going into Luxor at night as he doesn't feel safe.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Wow! On so many levels. 8)
Smile! It confuses people

Cyprus100
United Kingdom

Post by Cyprus100 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Aargh! I gave up listening..... how many times can someone mention "Luxor" in the first 3 minutes?
Who the hell is he anyway, is someone going to enlighten us?
Either way, he sounds a bit of a boring fart....
Michele,
Previously living in Limassol, Cyprus but now back in UK since 2016 :-(
Egypt is now so far away....

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:22 pm

Not going to name any names, but some of the things I have seen certain expats posting online are totally different from what I have heard they are saying to their close friends in private. Some people are scared shitless about what is going on in the country but publicly they say all is safe.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:24 pm

Maybe this was recorded to convince his relatives to come visit.

Why is it in the category on animals and pets on YouTube?

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:38 pm

I do not go into Luxor at nights because from where I live I have to go around by the bridge which means passing through Badaya and a few small village that are not patrolled by the Police and that is my only reason.

Regarding my relatives they come and go as they please, if they come they come, if they stay away they stay away, I have no control of them and never look to influence them. And yes you are right to ask who the hell am I Cyprus, so let me put you right on that, I am someone you will never know and that is all you need to know OK! I am someone that you do not even want to know, in the same way there are people out there I don't want to know
No I do not drink Alcohol that is my choice, do I need alcohol to have a good time? NO not at all, I would sooner save my money for things more important, having been a Police Officer, I have seen first hand what alcohol does to most people.

Yes Cyprus I am a boring old Fart, by being this way it keeps the c--p away from me, and the people I do not wish to know, only my friends and family know the real me, no one else is allowed to get close enough.

No Glyph, my wife and myself have never felt frightened, not even during the 2 revolutions, but maybe what will happen to us is our destiny. And it could well be in the animal section, especially for those that read and look through Youtube.

So any more questions, do you want to know how many times I have sex because the answer is I don't. I prefer to make love.

I am 6' 2" and 17 stone, and don't mince my words, normally a gentle giant, but that can change easily.

I am retired now and have been since 55 years old, my only occupation now is my wife my son and daughter, other people are of very little interest to me, especially the ones that live in gutter, the ones that have nothing to do apart from gossip about others, spread untruths, and call themselves born leaders, or want to rule the world.

So for those that want to say something about me say it to my face, and stop hiding behind false names, Social Network Sites, and for goodness sake stop wasting your time taking up precious space huddled around the tables in Sindbads or Hamee's, with your hip flasks full waiting for your cola's. Now you have seen a picture of me, I will expect you to approach me and have it out, rather than talk behind my back, the cowards way.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:14 pm

Glyphdoctor wrote:Why is it in the category on animals and pets on YouTube?
Wonderful! Best laugh I've had today. 8)
Smile! It confuses people

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:56 pm

It didn't say it was you who was frightened, just that I was refraining from naming names since I heard the information second hand about someone's true opinion.

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Clothes are well kept and well pressed! That collar looks razor sharp! :up Looks like you're using lots of starch too!! :up :up

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:57 pm

There are certain things people need to know about me, so I will put it on a plate.

Am I sarcastic by nature........500%
Do I love Luxor......................With a passion
Do I have friends...................I have a close circle of friends, people I trust, in fact I have a
I have a friend, not a relative who I will be meeting in Luxor
In fact this friend stimulates my mind, I can trust him and we
Have a great laugh and intellectual facts to talk about.
Do I suffer fools gladly...........No, I have no time for them
Do I mix easy.......................Not anymore I used to but since moving to Luxor I don't
What do I think of gossipers.. No problem it's them that make themselves look idiots,
Like the person who made a comment on a social site about
This video, they know all about me from people they have
Never met and expanded it into a personal insult, time they
Wised up a little and got an education.
What do I think of social networks.. They were good but now they are just a place for small
Timers to make themselves look good
What is the best thing that has happened to me... My wife, my son and my daughter
What do I think of Luxor in its present state.. It's terrible what has happened, I feel sorry for
The local people. Those that feel different, what
Are you doing here?
People have asked me if I am a boob or a leg man.. Neither I am a butt man I love to hear
The s..t that comes out of certain
Peoples
Have I an acid tongue.........Yes I gargle with sulphuric acid 3times a day.
My favourite pastime...........Winding people up
2nd favourite pastime.......,..People watching, love to see tattoo's fat beer guts, and fags
Hanging out of people mouths, their husbands are as bad also.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:59 pm

I understand glyph, thanks for explaining. LLL my appearance does mean a lot to me, it's only right for my wife's sake, she does the same for me.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Chocolate Eclair wrote:There are certain things people need to know about me, so I will put it on a plate.
I do not need to know any of this. :stp

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:49 am

LLL my appearance does mean a lot to me, it's only right for my wife's sake, she does the same for me.
@CE - I KNOW you care a lot about your appearance. You mention it 'often' on here LOTS - Was pulling your leg :lol: :lol:

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:32 am

Then don't read Bennu it's has simple as that, you will not have to waste your time and effort commenting then, but then that's the Luxor past time isn't it. Its very rare I do anything out of my village, I made this message because I respect the local people, after seeing their suffering due to the Tourists staying away, but has always all you get is a barrage of abuse and a load of C--p, lets hope people also see the comments then they will realise there id something wrong with the ex pat community in Luxor. So don't complain when your business's are struggling, don't complain, when you have difficulty with things, and don't complain when others help try to rectify this, and don't complain if someone has had an idea that you have not.

Call yourselves Luxor Lovers, NO, your not, judging by comments you make to people trying to help the situation. You really should not even be here, Oh! sorry about that, I forgot, due to the tourist situation there are no planes here to take you away is there.

Now you understand why I have little or no friends from the ex pats community, your all a load of Paul Anka's. Half of you so far up your A-------s you cannot see what is happening to Luxor, born of greed and selfishness.

Yes I have said exactly what I feel about Luxor on here, No I will not go into Luxor for the purpose I have posted on on this very subject, yes there is a lot of security work to be done to stop petty crimes, but over the past few weeks this has started to turn around, more checks more security on the streets etc etc. Alot of this is due to the new Governor taking his reponsibility seriously, You never see me harping back on peoples posts from 2-3 months ago, picking over bones, picking small parts of posts to paste on here,time have changed, and things in Luxor are moving fast. So, I have made another statement! this will give you the opportunity to go back over my past posts and pick out the bad bits, because that's what you are all like. I could understand it if you did not like or want to do something about Luxor, even though you all say you do, but then again this could for your own selfish reasons, if it is then you are in the wrong place. If any of you want a face off I will be at the meeting on Saturday night were you can tell me face to face.

You need to stick your hands on top of your head and look whats stood underneath, another statement for you all to pick up on, and you will, (because that's what you are all like.) and stop condemning those that are trying to help, by publishing personal comments about them, ie what they are wearing, what do they look like, who do they think they are, and either get involved, stay away, or keep your ======== mouths shut. And while I am at it, and waiting for the backlash to be put on this forum which unlike Bennu I probably will not read, because my time is of more value. What is the trailer trash going to do about the situation? Sweet ---- all I presume. With a bit of luck some of you who run closed groups on social network sites will copy and paste this too, well go on, I consider you to be in the same bracket, you only have closed groups so you can gossip and condemn. A good example of what people are like, or so called Luxor Lovers is a statement by Margaret L----- to the video on a certain social network, sent to me by a friend from the UK, she states this man is a liar, a thief and a cheat, well for your information Margaret, you need to get your facts straight, stop listening to the trailer trash friend you have on your site, that you have never met. I am pleased I have never met you, but no matter where you are from or live, please introduce yourself to me, where you will be made well aware of the truthful facts, in the form of sign sealed and legal documentation, and beside that if you are reading this, what has your comments got to do with the video, lowlife!!!

VIVA LA Luxor and ---- you all!!! Now you can lock this subject. When local people ask why I have stopped dong anything anymore, then I will be able to tell them, and show them the comments you get when you do try and help, they can decide then.

Any how I will stop now and let you get back to your gin induced huddles to discuss what I have put and plan your next attack, or maybe, even start an offensive on your closed groups.

Hows about that for an Acid filled attack!!!!

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:02 am

Believe me, Egyptians don't give a damn which of you claims to "love Luxor" more than the other. And that is what it is, "claims." You don't even have to love Egypt to live here. As long as you treat the Egyptians around you with respect and dignity, that's enough. We don't expect you to love Egypt and Egyptians, just be nice to Egyptians. Really, any declarations of love are about your fervent desire to stay here, legally or not (this is not directed at anyone in particular), not about caring for Egypt.

Caring about Egypt is expressed through actions, not words and videos and getting your picture in the paper. I'm sure there are many expats who are doing great things for the country that you will never see taking credit for what they do because the satisfaction of helping others is enough for them. People with professional skills in certain areas giving their time and effort toward making this a better country to live and work in for Egyptians. In fact, I know some of them personally and what they are doing and their actions are 100 times more appreciated than the rants the expat community constantly throws at one another in the name of their alleged love of Luxor and Egyptians.

The truth is, every one of you who brags about what you are doing for Egypt, there are other expats who you don't know about doing more than you. So please, stop trying to impress us.

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Chocolate Eclair » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:01 am

I am not trying to impress anyone Glyph, what myself and wife do for the local people of my village is always never ending, we provide money for medicines, we provide pampers for those with babies that cannot afford them, we provide many other things also that we expect no reward for, even though we do get showered with bread and small items that they can afford. Because of this we know our efforts are appreciated and we carry on. this is not a post to impress you, or in fact anyone else, these things we do no one knows about, because we give with our hearts and expect nothing in return really.

We have always respected our villagers, we attend their weddings their grief stricken moments and their celebrations, and I stress we never expect anything in return, even though many of them do in their own ways return favours.

We did not move here to live like we did in the UK to do so would have been a waste of time and we had may as well stayed back in the UK. But so many people come here and try doing so. Am I interested in if my nieghbour has got more money that me? of course not. Do I try to impose myself on the local people, of course not, its their Country, and their rights come before mine.

I have said in many posts, I have very few ex pat friends in Luxor, I do much better without them, I do have a few, but that few are respectful people, who have also gone through the mill like ourselves. These people know who they are, does it matter if the average Egyptian does not give a damn about what ex pats try to do and promote Egypt, they are only too welcoming when the money starts rolling in again. I believe you live in Cairo, I was in Cairo a few weeks ago and believe you me its a different world there compared with Luxor, in the same way London is in the UK. Its not a place I would really want to live unless it was for the work.

You know that yourself and myself have had disagreements on this site, and that is maybe some of the criticism, not just from me, is why you stopped posting for a while. Well your back now and even I have to confess some of your posting are powerful and well worth noting including this one where the majority of Egyptians do not give a damn what me or in fact any others think of the place.

I am not sure if you are an ex pat or not, or even married to an Egyptian, but what is your thoughts of the ex pat situation and the silly wrangling for what I can only assume to fill a power vacuum. In Luxor there has been many ex pats that have invested heavily into the City, either for business's or other, these people in my mind have a right to defend Luxor, and is done in an attempt to keep their investments live. I do feel sorry for these people, they have provided work for locals, and contributed to the Government in the way of taxes etc.

If you look at the majority of Charities in Luxor they are registered in the UK, for obvious reasons, most of them were set up to teach about animal care, and in general it has worked, Brooke for instance looks after the Caleshe horses on a frequent basis, and because of this the horses look 10 times better than they did 5 years ago. there are Charities that look after the old and infirm. I have to admire these people and what they do, the results are astounding.

So therefore I understand why you say what you do, but find it difficult to understand, why the Egyptians don't care a damn, or is it maybe while we are giving they do, when we stop they don't. I have also come to a conclusion that there is a North South divide in Egypt, in a similar way there is in the UK, the northerners are called monkeys in the South, and the Southerners are called Namby Pambies from people in the North.

My own personal view of situations is that if you cannot live with people leave them well alone and get on with your life, we cannot all get on together and that will always be the case. But the constant abuse people get is not called for, the relentless bullying and the name calling would has we say "Make a Vicar Swear" and the one thing that really gets me mad is the way people who do not know you, and listen to gossip get involved in your life and try to take over. They talk about low education standards in Luxor, well! sometimes it makes me wonder where some of these people were educated.Some of the slanderous remarks they come up with would end many of them in Law Courts back home. I recently went through the mill on Facebook until I gave it up has a bad egg and found plenty of other greater things to do, people crucified me unmerciful, telling tales of untruth and making slanderous remarks. these people do not know me and have never met me, and for that reason I call the low education standards of some of the Countries in the Western World. How do I know what they were talking about? well my daughter sent all the comments to me via e-mail. But what was best was the person who started it all, according to posts on her social network site, seemed to argue even with her own family, and the language they used between each other in their accusations, would make a mine worker blush. But that person must be fuddled because they proclaimed their Wedding Anniversary, and a week later posted a Solicitors name plate, and commented, if I had ever been married I would have used these lawyers. So for me its hard to accept the ex pat movement here, and believe in anything they say.

I believe more than ever people have to earn my respect, and for this and other reasons I am very hard person to approach, my shutters are always up and in the defensive mode. Sometimes it comes across has though I am ignorant, has put into a letter and sent to a local hotel that we frequent. But I do not mind , I would that, I would sooner come across has being ignorant than let anyone close to me. I have my friends and that really is all I want.

Now I await the repercussions from what I have posted, believe you me there will be some, but really like I have said I really do not care. It gives me a further insight to the people that make them. Some of them seem as though they cannot wait to make a stupid comment, they thrive on it and I suppose to others (Their Disciples) it makes them look good. I have wondered why this video ended up on this forum, and then was immediately referred to has being untrue because of things I had put on the forum previous, (Cue cut and Paste), I wondered if this video was placed on here with my permission, I placed it on youtube with my full permission.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:37 am

Nice to be able to put a face to the name....:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:59 am

Just so you know some basic facts about me. First off, yes I am married to an Egyptian, from Luxor, for the past 14 years, which means I live in an Upper Egyptian household and spend more time with an Upper Egyptian than anyone else, although we happen to reside in Cairo at this time. But I am also an Egyptian citizen by naturalization and my legal residence is Luxor and we do have plans to move there permanently in the next couple years and I have lived there in the past, so what goes on there is of vital concern for me because it is my future as well. I am obviously completely aware of the difference between Luxor and Cairo. I think that is enough for you to know why I say what I say and why I am concerned about what goes on in Luxor.

As for why I choose to post on L4U and sometimes leave L4U for an extended period of time is due to personal choice. I don't need L4U either for business or personal reasons. It's what I want to do or not want to do. Nothing more. I'm not going to blame anyone else for my choices.