oops, sack the printer.

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: Horus, DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

oops, sack the printer.

Post by Dusak » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Many living here will probably have noticed all the banners depicting the Egyptian flag that are festooned from many of the street lights. Very nice they look too, pride in your countries flag. The only problem being, its not the Egyptian flag as its been printed wrongly. The central yellow eagle should have its head beneath the top red bar, claws to the bottom black one. Unfortunately whoever printed it has placed the eagle the wrong way round, so if it was hoisted the head would be end on to the flagpole. Hang the printer? Or is it just another Egyptian thing? :lol:

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Re: oops, sack the printer.

Post by HEPZIBAH » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:02 pm

:lol:

If anyone was paying attention during the Canal celebrations they would have noticed that many of the flags being used then, and certainly the giant flag that was walked through Luxor (I think similar happened in other towns too) was not the Egyptian flag at all. There was no central gold bit with the eagle etc. It was more likely to have been the Yemeni flag that was actually being used to celebrate Egypt's gift to the world!

Thinking about it though, perhaps that mistake was preferable to the mistake of those inflated 'whatevers' that adorned Tahir Sq for the celebrations.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Got any pictures ? I like pictures they tell a thousand words especially as your description lost me soon into it... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Once bitten

Post by Once bitten » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:56 pm

Who2 wrote:Got any pictures ? I like pictures they tell a thousand words especially as your description lost me soon into it... :cool:
What language can you smoke in?

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:19 am

Who2 wrote:Got any pictures ? I like pictures they tell a thousand words especially as your description lost me soon into it... :cool:
If your question is in reference to my post Who2, no, I attempted to post a photo twice without success, even following the instructions from our creator [wonder whatever happened to him?] but failed miserably. But the good news is they are still strung up for your inspection the full length of the corneche road. :up

In reference to your photo, the owner of the brand new tanker informed the sign painter man that he wanted these words on the side, unfortunately he jotted his desire down in English and the painter man reproduced the words he was instructed to copy :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

newcastle
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:40 am

Dusak wrote:
If your question is in reference to my post Who2, no, I attempted to post a photo twice without success, even following the instructions from our creator [wonder whatever happened to him?] but failed miserably. But the good news is they are still strung up for your inspection the full length of the corneche road. :up

In reference to your photo, the owner of the brand new tanker informed the sign painter man that he wanted these words on the side, unfortunately he jotted his desire down in English and the painter man reproduced the words he was instructed to copy :lol:
Au contraire D.

Writing "No Smoking' in Arabic would be a waste of paint.

At least, in English, the warning is likely to be observed by those inclined to take notice.

Likewise "STOP !" and "No Entry" on road signs :cg

hatusu
Egypt

Post by hatusu » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:36 am

Lovely article in the Daily Mail a few days ago on this line, where personalised celebration cakes had been ordered and the instructions had been taken a little too literally My favourite one was an order for a Congratulations cake, with request for a picture of fireworks going off iced on the cake. The cake came back with just "Congratulations With Exploding Fireworks" written on it.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:19 pm

I somehow don't think these men would have made the same error with the flag (but I could be wrong).

The Flag Makers - Fabricant de drapeaux
By Jean-Léon Gérôme , French , 1824-1904
Oil on canvas , 66 by 78.5 cm
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley