Another stupid decision.

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Another stupid decision.

Post by Dusak » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:47 am

A couple of weeks ago it was decided, here in Karnak, to remove all rubbish skips. In future all bags of rubbish should be left outside your homes and businesses and a wagon will come round and remove it. The only problem with this is that the pick up times are very haphazard with no set times or days and the local stray dogs and cats are having a field day ripping the bags open within moments of them being left out. There are now piles of rubbish strewn around the once relatively clean streets with no one having the interest in re-bagging it. I can imagine that in the hot summer months this will create a high heaven of a stink and fly problem. Who made this decision should be given a brush and a large roll of black bin bags and be demoted to a street cleaner.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Another stupid decision.

Post by A-Four » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:35 am

Well, here in central London Dusak, we have a very serious problem with such similar bins, which seems to be scattered all over the city. We are finding that your average cat, dog, rat and even your occasional urban goat cannot get into these such damn things.

Nothing gives me more pleasure than to see the smile on the face of your average ally cat, as it takes one single digit claw, to slit open one of those black bin liners, to reveal the wonderful rancid smell of a maggot infested chicken carcass. :wi .

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Horus » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:01 pm

Reading both your remarks makes me really appreciate living in an area that has a good collection service. Each week we leave out all or any of our recycling boxes, three in total (complete with animal proof lids) that contain Cardboard, Glass, Metal, Paper etc, together with a waste food container that takes bio degradable tie bags (issued free) plus one of our two large wheelie type bins. The boxes are emptied weekly and the large bins, one for assorted domestic waste and the other for garden waste are emptied on alternative weeks. We have no unsightly plastic bags or rubbish lying around and the bins have to be removed from the pavement on the day they are emptied, so no unsightly bins on the street apart from collection day, all quite civilised really. :) but then again I do pay rates and council tax.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:32 pm

In all seriousness to your above subject post here Dusak, all I can say is,..........

............Well, it's like buying a house in a average city in England having come from the countryside,........Such is life ! It was not a personal act against you, just something that has been happening in your (now semi) urban location for generations,.........I am sure it would have the effect of reducing pest problems i.e. snakes and rodents, (that is assuming everyone in Karnack has a once a day burning exercise.)..........anyhow, in other words you expect everyone to change their traditional ways, in order to make life easier for you,..........Oh, and cheaper also,................, ........(Almost forgot to mention) It kills a lot of nasty bugs too. (Thanks Brian ;) )

P.S. - Now where have I read all that lot elsewhere, in the past 24 hrs. :wi

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:26 am

You seem to have missed the point A-four, this is not me complaining but the whole area, nothing to do with a once city dweller moving in and wanting to see change to suit himself, but an environment to better all. This will, in the summer months, become yet another possible health matter that we all will come against. Try and tell the young street urchins that they eat at home, not from a ripped bin bag that is disgorging its load. No direct problem for me as I can double up on bin bags per load, double tie them and leave them in the front entrance until I use a taxi. The rubbish skips are still positioned outside Karnak on my way to Luxor.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:33 am

No, in all seriousness Dusak I did not miss your point at all, I simply used your innocent honest statement here to point out the double standards of differing ideas of certain members of this form, who had it been a certain other person who had stated this problem would have been castigated for even suggesting that this method was anything other than the correct way of Luxor life. I do think it is time that jokes aimed at MT's comment should be controlled, rather than them being used on even the most serious of subjects on this forum.

Back to your problem up in Karnack, I find this almost unbelievable that a council responsible for the health of it citizen can allow this to happen. I can only say, if you travel to the poorer towns in Upper Egypt educational standards informs local people that hygiene is a vital component to a healthy life.

As I have written elsewhere on this forum this week, the majority of the population in Luxor are stupid,.........and that includes councillors and other public officials.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Horus » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:45 am

I do think it is time that jokes aimed at MT's comment should be controlled
Is this you taking another snipe at the forums moderation A4?

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:54 am

Horus wrote:
I do think it is time that jokes aimed at MT's comment should be controlled
Is this you taking another snipe at the forums moderation A4?
Good God, NO Horus, certainly not a snipe, if anything a suggestion to help aid and encourage members to post comments on the original subject,..........I am sure you would agree. :wi .

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Horus » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:22 pm

Of course I would A4, anything you do to improve harmony on the forum will get my approval. :wi

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Calling the majority of the population of Luxor "stupid" is a good start.

What's that quote about " better to remain silent...."?

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Iv'e accepted defeat regarding my village's attitude toward using our rubbish skip, it's easier to pay a kid to clear up the surrounding rubbish and to take mine to the 3 minute walk to the 'sandouk (skip).... 8)

Ps: it's easier than beating one's head against a wall....

Pss: As the 'alki's say:
God, give me grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other..... Basically ....."f*ck em!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:09 am

Having spent several days on the dark side helping a friend out I saw that they had any rubbish removed by a tuk tuk once a week. 10Le per large container. :up I would quite happily pay for this good service and provide a good income for the man doing it. As the saying goes, where there's muck, there's money. :up [the dark side must be more cleverer than us on this side A-four :rs ]