The dreaded visa again

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

The dreaded visa again

Post by carrie »

Before I went to Turkey my visa ran out only 5 days but I thought I had best go and check at the passport office that everything would be OK at the airport.
They assured me that it would be Ok and so it was. It was mentioned at Hurghada airport that I had overstayed my visa but I explained that I had been to the office and that they had told me it wasn't a problem. No Madam it's no problem so off I went.
Came back got my visa on arrival then after about two weeks went to the passport office with my passport, rental agreement all the paper work. I was told that my rental agreement, which had been registered in the court was no longer the right kind, I needed to get a little stamp then go to the court and get a new agreement. Mohammed in the office gave me the little stamp, his telephone number and written instructions as to what I and my landlord had to do. My landlord rang Mohammed and yesterday he and I and the interpreter went to the court. Took about 1 1/2 hours to get the correct papers and cost me 155le, for the contract and to pay the interpreter. This is hopefully a one off because my contract is for some years Then off to the passport office with all the stuff. I had to pay 570 for the 6 months visa and told to come back next day. Went today and my passport was ready with my visa up until middle of November. Unlike before when I have been for my visa I only got 5 months because the date of the visa was back dated to the time of arrival this one lasts the full 6 months.
So a happy little bunny once again.
I would like to thank the very nice people in the court, especially the police who found me a little hidey hole to go and have a drink. And the guys in the passport office who are fun and nice to deal with.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: The dreaded visa again

Post by newcastle »

From the various stories I'm hearing, from various offices, things are settling down a bit .

Possibly because the staff are more au fait with what they should be doing, and the applicants know better what to expect and what is needed.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:From the various stories I'm hearing, from various offices, things are settling down a bit .

Possibly because the staff are more au fait with what they should be doing, and the applicants know better what to expect and what is needed.
You must be ******* joking. Wait until next week when I post my ''new type'' visa experiences. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:
newcastle wrote:From the various stories I'm hearing, from various offices, things are settling down a bit .

You must be ******* joking. Wait until next week when I post my ''new type'' visa experiences. :lol:
There's always an.exception to prove the rule mate.

And you're IT :lol: