More stupid.

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

More stupid.

Post by Dusak » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:05 am

I asked my friend to call into my new bank this morning as I was to busy to go out. My first private pension payment did not go in as it was sent to the now closed account of the HSBC, and, according to them, as this was Egypt, it could take a long time returning to the UK even though the guy that rang me from the Hurghada branch to let me know of its arrival told me its return would be instantaneous as it was an electronic transfer. This problem was caused because unknown to me my pensions division did not receive my letter, posted by a returning friend, giving them the new bank details as they had moved the pensions department to Japan! My friend says she has sorted this out for me. But the bank also told my friend that they have noted from my application form that I stated that I'm retired, so now want proof stating this. So how an I supposed to do that then? Its not as if I can get me mam to wright them a letter stating that I have no need to work to live here. Obviously they can not grasp the concept of people being able to finish their working lives early as they have enough money to do so. So, knowing my luck, I will be looking for another new bank tomorrow. Plain stupid.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: More stupid.

Post by Dusak » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:55 pm

So I went to the bank, they asked if I had a document from the British government saying that I was retired. It took a long time to get them to understand that anyone under the legal retirement age could stop working, no matter what their age was, if they had enough money to do so. It was of no interest of the government as long as that money was legally obtained. It finely got though. At a press of a button my new account was activated and hey presto, my last private pension payment showed up. Sorted, but was this hassle really necessary in the first place?
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: More stupid.

Post by Who2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:39 pm

When I found out HSBC was a franchise similar to the Wimpy chain and had happily put over 300k through their system they and I closed my account with them.
Just as well it seems, when I was a kid I was also a window cleaner, one of the jobs was cleaning the inside glass room which housed Lloyd's computer system.
We are talking a machine over 12' x 12' I used to walk in and talk to it as I cleaned it's humidified glass aquarium.
Now we have no banks and it's all A Intelligence.
Why was it was glass ? Nobody could tell me the reason.
Someone asked Bruce "Why he robbed Banks ? answer "Well that's where the money is"
Not anymore!..... 8)
Ps: I also once met the CEO of HSBC, young bloke out on the p*ss with Sting..Tony something..
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.