When I woke up this morning!

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: When I woke up this morning!

Post by Dusak »

Yes maybe, but just telling your side of a tale does not mean that the whole country and all that visit would suffer the same. Could just be, and in all probobility was just a case of you just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or I should say, your wife.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

So MT when if ever are you actually going to live in Australia? You have looked forward to it for so long that I think you will feel so much better when you get there that you will be looking forward rather than back over your life.

We'd hate you to leave the forum, but honestly I think all the time you are so attached to our group you are not free to move forward. So good luck with your Australian application, hoping to hear good news from you in the near future. :up
Smile! It confuses people

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Perhaps the reason that people knew about your wife being assaulted MT was because you went round telling everyone. I remember the day you told me and some friends, as usual you wanted to be the center of attention, when you told about your wife's assault, to her obvious distress and embarrassment. You also said that the assailant had received 7 years in jail. I thought that it was very strange at the time because a similar thing had happened to a friend of mine and it took almost one year before the case came to court and the assault on your wife had occurred only two weeks previously.
Also unlike you and your wife she received marvelous support from the local community and when the guys family came round trying to intimidate her into dropping the case the neighbors stood by her and said she was under their protection. She was a well liked and respectable woman, not trying to say that your wife isn't she apparently was well liked, but you were intensely disliked by your Egyptian neighbors. If you had tried to fit in and not play Lord of the Manor then I am sure that many of your problems would not have happened, you and your wife would have received support and help.
You hate Egypt and the Egyptians run the place down as much as possible, well hatred harms no one but yourself. It eats into your soul and stops you from finding happiness and contentment elsewhere. Forget this place make your life anew , make happy memories where ever you end up. Do not dwell on the past it can't be changed and rather than constantly referring to it look forward to the life to come and try to be happy.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

Listening to rumours again, or as usual just gossiping. I have heard it all before, from people and where they got it from....Strange how we still message and e-mail our nieghbours who tell us the news, whose saying what and so on. Who was gossiping about what happened and why on earth we had to put our dog to sleep etc etc. Maybe I should put copies of the e-mails and txts on here. What an embarrassment that would be. But it would make people aware of the gossipers, and the ones that make stories up. I have at least 34 things I could copy with names and dates to when they were sent and who to. Not all are direct but some are from a second person passing the news to others. That's how gossip gets distorted and becomes untrue.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

YOU told me MT and not just me other members of this forum where there at the time and I repeat to your wife's obvious distress. I would never have written on here about any type of assault and named the victim it is you who have done so. Look to yourself MT and don't constantly blame others for your misfortunes.

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:Listening to rumours again, or as usual just gossiping. I have heard it all before, from people and where they got it from....Strange how we still message and e-mail our nieghbours who tell us the news, whose saying what and so on. Who was gossiping about what happened and why on earth we had to put our dog to sleep etc etc. Maybe I should put copies of the e-mails and txts on here. What an embarrassment that would be. But it would make people aware of the gossipers, and the ones that make stories up. I have at least 34 things I could copy with names and dates to when they were sent and who to. Not all are direct but some are from a second person passing the news to others. That's how gossip gets distorted and becomes untrue.
At risk of stating the obvious, it would seem that whoever is feeding you this information is also guilty of gossipping, and you are equally guilty because of the manner in which you repeat what they say.

Do you really think your constant barrage of negativity is worth while? I can't help but think that if you put as much time and effort into being positive, that you would feel so much better in yourself.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Post these so called messages and be dammed. Let us sort out fact from fiction, lies from the truth, makebelieve from actual events. Let those so called posters speak on their own behalf, not you being judge and jury. Words alone are meaningless twaddle. Your exaggerations knows no limits.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

For a healthier breakfast, I recommend 2 smoothies: 1 part fresh orange, 1 part fresh strawberry, 2 parts champagne.
To balance heart and mind, which live in two different countries, I had basboussa and Danish.

Life is hard! No dancing until our private dinner cruise tonight where our fabulous orchestra will play for us.

I am off to the pyramids!

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

Each day for more than a week, I have woken up to a dream. This morning, I woke up in a beautiful oriental hotel suite, feeling like The Princess on the Pea.
:a12:
There was no pink champagne, no white champagne, no cappuccino, espresso or strawberry juice, no French or Swiss cheeses, no divine pastry, no boxes of macarons on the pillows!
:a66:
There was sweet fresh fruit, nescafe, karkade, dry white bread etc., and my clothes and hair now stink of omelettes, falafel, burnt toast and fine perfume.
:a17:
What a way to begin a day, there was noone playing the harp or grand piano in the lobby and there probably won't even be live music at our little party tonight or tomorrow. Well, at least I will not have to dance alone like I do in Luxor, and the breeze from The Red Sea will wash away the smell of an average hotel breakfast.
:a6:
All I need to do between breakfast and sundowner at Tig Marina is to get out of here and find a good cup of coffee and something to moan about. That should be easy enough, if I didn't have to do it in German.
:a83:
Tough life!

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I woke up this morning, sniffed the cold air, turned and fluffed the pillows, shook the duvet, turned over and went back to sleep for a few hours. Bliss to know it was finally Saturday and I had no commitments or timetable to work around.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley