Health Care Changes

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Health Care Changes

Post by Major Thom »

This has just been posted on our forum, it's obviously new amendments, so re-posting it on to this forum in case some are not aware. Paragraph 2 will be interesting to some I think!

Guidance

Summary of changes made to the way the NHS charges overseas visitors for NHS hospital care
Updated.
In April 2015, changes were made to the way the NHS charges overseas visitors for NHS hospital care. These changes also affect some former residents of the UK. The changes were made so that the NHS does not lose out on income from migrants, visitors and former residents of the UK, who may be required to pay for their hospital treatment costs while in England.

Within England, free NHS hospital treatment is provided on the basis of someone being ‘ordinarily resident’. It is not dependent upon nationality, payment of UK taxes, national insurance contributions, being registered with a GP, having an NHS number or owning property in the UK.

These changes which came into effect from April affect visitors and former UK residents differently, depending on where they now live.

Treatment in A&E departments and at GP surgeries remains free for all.

Holders of a valid UK Pensioner S1 form living in an EEA country or Switzerland
If you are in receipt of a UK pension and have registered a valid UK S1 form with the relevant authorities in your country of residence, and your healthcare is paid for by the UK by virtue that S1 form, then you are now entitled to return to England to receive free NHS hospital treatment, just like someone who is ordinarily resident in England.

People living outside the EEA
People who live outside the EEA, including former UK residents, should now make sure they are covered by personal health insurance, unless an exemption applies to them. Anyone who does not have insurance will be charged at 150% of the NHS national tariff for any care they receive.

The GP you are registered may be contacted by the NHS for past records.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Health Care Changes

Post by newcastle »

Old news. April 2015 :zz

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Major Thom wrote:This has just been posted on our forum, ...
Ermm... no it hasn't. 'This forum' as in Luxor4U is 'our forum' . If you are referring to somewhere else then you should make that clear.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

It appeared in the Cyprus Forum Hepzi, because I could not cut and paste I hand wrote it, although it states the changes were made in 2015, these additional changes come in in April 2018. If I could have cut and pasted it would clearly have said that but I would not have wasted my time hand writing it if it had been old news, all I did was miss out 2018 in Paragraph 4. So its not old news Newcastle at all.
Sorry but still using a laptop with an Egyptian Fake Windows on it that I loose things off on a daily basis. I have got an original disc but finding time to rebuild is difficult when you are busy, I only get time in mornings, you can see that from my post times.
Oh just looked at my e-mails the poster on the Cyprus Forum tells me the information was issued around 2 weeks ago.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:It appeared in the Cyprus Forum Hepzi, because I could not cut and paste I hand wrote it, although it states the changes were made in 2015, these additional changes come in in April 2018. If I could have cut and pasted it would clearly have said that but I would not have wasted my time hand writing it if it had been old news, all I did was miss out 2018 in Paragraph 4. So its not old news Newcastle at all.
Sorry but still using a laptop with an Egyptian Fake Windows on it that I loose things off on a daily basis. I have got an original disc but finding time to rebuild is difficult when you are busy, I only get time in mornings, you can see that from my post times.
Oh just looked at my e-mails the poster on the Cyprus Forum tells me the information was issued around 2 weeks ago.
It's not at all clear from your post which "additional changes" you think concern members of this forum. NHS regulations are periodically updated. At a guess, you mean the fact that persons not ordinarily resident in UK and living outside EEA/Switzerland will be charged 150% of the NHS tariff for relevant services. This was in the 2015 regulations :

People living outside the EEA/Switzerland

Non EEA residents and Swiss nationals who are visiting the UK for six months or less, or are in the UK without permission, must be charged for services they receive, and should ensure that they have personal health insurance, unless they are exempt from paying for NHS treatment. Otherwise they will have to pay for NHS treatment at 150% of the NHS national tariff for the relevant services provided.

https://www.bevanbrittan.com/insights/a ... sexplained

Since 2015, various amendments to the regulations have been issued regarding how, in practice, NHS bodies are to act with regard to recovering the charges. Since 2015 it's been something of a mess.....some people being forced to pay, others not. The NHS Trusts are now obliged by law to implement the 2015 regulations.

The last relevant changes issued to NHS bodies were in Aug and Oct 2017.