Estate Agents - renting

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Estate Agents - renting

Post by Major Thom »

Yes Monkey business on the roof, that would be interesting to say the least. I spent a lot of my time on the roof especially in the warm Summer nights, or when the B------s decided they were going to work during the night disturbing sleep, I would go on the roof and blast out Led Zepplin, King Crimson or Rainbow, they hated that style of talented musicians (The only thing they knew was penny whistles and rabbaba style) and would go home the roof was also my argument platform I could not see over the walls without a ladder, so I would go on the roof and shout down at them, especially when they built a place which is even now not finished (Only external walls built in 5 years) for not watering the ground and creating clouds of choking dust and and shouting at the top of their voices. If they started to chat back I had a 4 legged fierce back up, that would chase them away, when let out of the door. They all knew the back up plan and when they would work in the night they sneak in the back way until hey were heard, their let down was the loud voices. One night I put him on the lead because there were 6 shouting and laughing at 2.30am, when they saw him they could have beaten Hussain Bolt the speed they ran. Here we have no problems, people work and retire at a proper time, traffic is non existent and folk are aware of noise at night when others are resting ready for WORK in the morning

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Why do you always refer to your neighbor's as them and they? Your total disrespect for this place and "their" country and customs is evident in every word. Shame.

crewmeal
Top Member
Top Member

Post by crewmeal »

OOOH do tell all
I read on the forum that some guys were hiding on a roof behind the Mosque having fun together. I can't remember the thread so if someone enlightens us where it is, then read for yourselves.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

That may have been me, on top of the Christian block opposite, full blown jiggy jiggy on what looked like a comfortable mattress. I didn't know what direction to avert my gaze to. The guy on the top bunk was very cheeky.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

It's all going on in Karnak, what with next door at it all night. West bank very dull. :lol:

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Major Thom wrote:Yes Monkey business on the roof, that would be interesting to say the least. I spent a lot of my time on the roof especially in the warm Summer nights, or when the B------s decided they were going to work during the night disturbing sleep, I would go on the roof and blast out Led Zepplin, King Crimson or Rainbow, they hated that style of talented musicians (The only thing they knew was penny whistles and rabbaba style) and would go home the roof was also my argument platform I could not see over the walls without a ladder, so I would go on the roof and shout down at them, especially when they built a place which is even now not finished (Only external walls built in 5 years) for not watering the ground and creating clouds of choking dust and and shouting at the top of their voices. If they started to chat back I had a 4 legged fierce back up, that would chase them away, when let out of the door. They all knew the back up plan and when they would work in the night they sneak in the back way until hey were heard, their let down was the loud voices. One night I put him on the lead because there were 6 shouting and laughing at 2.30am, when they saw him they could have beaten Hussain Bolt the speed they ran. Here we have no problems, people work and retire at a proper time, traffic is non existent and folk are aware of noise at night when others are resting ready for WORK in the morning
Methinks one's imagination is working overtime here, really thinking as an afterthought, that's what he would have liked to have done.
Imagination is a wonderful thing in the aged...... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by BENNU »

carrie wrote:West bank very dull. :lol:
I'll be back tomorrow, inshallah. :bl:

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Major Thom wrote:I spent a lot of my time on the roof especially in the warm Summer nights, or when the B------s decided they were going to work during the night disturbing sleep, I would go on the roof and blast out Led Zepplin, King Crimson or Rainbow, they hated that style of talented musicians (The only thing they knew was penny whistles and rabbaba style) and would go home, the roof was also my argument platform I could not see over the walls without a ladder, so I would go on the roof and shout down at them.
:lol: Sounds like a scene from Rita, Sue and Bob too movie, with the old man shouting from the balcony :lol:

phpBB [video]