2 Tramadol addictions + a new prostitution scam in Luxor

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

2 Tramadol addictions + a new prostitution scam in Luxor

Post by Dusak » Wed May 02, 2018 9:22 am

In my friends village the Tramadol scourge has reached the streets, tablets selling for between 50/75Le. The first case involves a woman who was finding it hard to cope with three young kids and the running of household in general. She was constantly complaining about headaches, lack of energy and stating she was depressed. So a boy known to the family sold her the cure all, a Tramadol tablet. She became addicted. When it became obvious to her extended family, they supported her and placed her within a volunteer drug rehabilitation center somewhere in Egypt. She was cured of her addiction, putting the experience down to having no education, especially concerning drugs. She now spends any free time she has going from village to village warning all that will listen the dangers of taking drugs from people and not using the safer method of the doctors or pharmacy. I'm told that this drug is available from certain pharmacies and doctors for high prices under the counter.

Also in her village a woman school teacher that recently lost her husband, also a teacher, turned to Tramadol to cope with the loss. When she could no longer support her addiction she approached a neighbour saying she wanted to buy a cow off him, but it would be three weeks or so before she had the money to pay him. I'm told this is common practice within the village communities, they trust those they know. So she took the cow home and proceeded to find another buyer from another village, a deal was agreed, he paying for the cow first before she delivered it. Not content with that, she did the same with another villager in another village, this time delivering the cow which had a value of around 30,000Le. When the original owner discovered that he was not going to get his money after giving her seven weeks he informed the police. They were not interested until they discovered she had spent the money on her Tramadol abuse. She is now in prison, her kids are being looked after by the village.

There is now a new concern on the local buses. Women are pretending to know young girls and women, get chatting with them, offering to keep them company while they are in the city. But this new friendship carries a hefty price. Those that are tricked into this are being persuaded to indulge in none penetrative sex. I leave what is being asked for to your own imaginations. According to a person of young age that I will not describe or name says at least two of her school friends have taken up the offer for the money, usually 100Le a time. My friend has had two such ''you remember me'' approaches on the local buses over the last few months, but tells them they must be mistaken, she does not know the woman.

Depressing times of the depression banging at the doors of the poor and without.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: 2 Tramadol addictions + a new prostitution scam in Luxor

Post by Who2 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Well I hope our tramadol pusher Laura can score in nick!
Words from an ex Tramadol abuser:..... 8)

"My pain typically would occur over two or three days. I took one or two a day until it eased. But I noticed on the days I took Tramadol I felt more relaxed and coped with life better. Since the doctor had prescribed so many, at least two or three boxes, I started taking one every day.....They had come from a doctor, so I was sure they couldn’t harm me"
Ps: The Dr prescribes a more organic remedy, 'home-grown.
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Thu May 03, 2018 2:49 am

My wife was on prescribed Tramadol when we first moved to Egypt, it's readily available from most Doctors wanting to earn a few bob. We found her a good Dr who prescribed her the none addictive Preglavex, after 2 months she was able to come off pain killers completely. There are good Doctors around if you look where patient care comes before cash. Oh damn this is a positive post not a negative one. :lol: :lol:

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom » Thu May 03, 2018 2:49 am

My wife was on prescribed Tramadol when we first moved to Egypt, it's readily available from most Doctors wanting to earn a few bob. We found her a good Dr who prescribed her the none addictive Preglavex, after 2 months she was able to come off pain killers completely. There are good Doctors around if you look where patient care comes before cash. Oh damn this is a positive post not a negative one. :lol: :lol:

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak » Fri May 04, 2018 11:55 am

Major Thom wrote:My wife was on prescribed Tramadol when we first moved to Egypt, it's readily available from most Doctors wanting to earn a few bob. We found her a good Dr who prescribed her the none addictive Preglavex, after 2 months she was able to come off pain killers completely. There are good Doctors around if you look where patient care comes before cash. Oh damn this is a positive post not a negative one. :lol: :lol:
I don't really see any positives in what I posted, just more depressing ''sadly this is how it is.''
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.

Who2
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Who2 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:53 pm

From a 'happy smiling sexually frustrated girl to looking like your mother....
"Just Say NO to Drugs"..... 8)
'You Know it makes sense, Well some Do some don't !
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.