The vaccine info/ what to expect

What is it like to live in Luxor? Share your experiences of Luxor's culture.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Morocco

Re: The vaccine info/ what to expect

Post by John Landon »

The problem is Dusak is that the anti vaxers are the ones who statistically are likely to survive covid. The problem there is that the virus is likely to mutate and we could end up back at square one again.
They are a bloody selfish lot, with the I'm alright Jack attitude.
I took the vaccines because it's the right thing to do. The more who have it the quicker this will be over.

The News here are talking about things getting back to normal very soon, but news being the news and in the next breath after a rare positive broadcast, they are now talking about the financial costs and consequences that will bring.

Wales has done very well these last few weeks, I have never seen the place so busy with tourists, even in some if the places I go to where I would have the place all to myself, there have been numerous visitors.

I'm hoping the spring of 2022 will see us being able to travel again without being fleeced by extortionate prices and PCR tests etc...

Here's hoping. 👍😎

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Getting back to normal:

Today's figures:

Covid-19 in the UK
Daily cases
Daily deaths
Total deaths

Pretty normal then ?........... 8)
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer

Post by BBLUX »

The way things are going in the UK with shortages of just about everything and the return to "normality" with no masks or social distancing and folks packing in to all venues with not a care in the world. You might actually be better off in the old adobe house in rural Luxor. All you need is a biohazard suit and a plane ticket and sh*t loads of luck.

Do you feel lucky?

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I'm just waiting for the return of 'the prodigal daughter to fund my lifestyle, oh! and the cat 'brutus.... 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sophocles.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Who2 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:15 pm I'm just waiting for the return of 'the prodigal daughter to fund my lifestyle, oh! and the cat 'brutus.... 8)
You wouldn’t be the first to put his daughter out on the streets.

Khufu did it to finance his pyramid......according to Herodotus 8)

If she does as well, you’ll be able to afford that private jet to Luxor!
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

The latest figures from the errr 'counting department......... 8)
https://egyptianstreets.com/2021/09/03/ ... 1Fnn1pcvAo
Sophocles.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

BBLUX wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:48 pm The way things are going in the UK with shortages of just about everything
I hope your not referring to supermarkets BBLux? In the last few Months I have visited many supermarkets from Leeds to London and never found any empty shelves, except the usual stuff like fresh cakes and hot food that is sold of cheap early evening, none of my friends have experience food shortages too, yet almost everyday you see images on social media showing empty shelves, it's so strange that all these people seem to be against brexit, and just want to make brexit look bad by posting false information, like a brand new supermarket with empty shelves waiting for their first delivery, or like one from sainsbury the other day.
20210908_171223.jpg
Wow that should cause a panic, till the full picture was revealed 🙄
Screenshot_20210910-143103_WhatsApp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Major Thom »

What's the uptake of vaccinations by the local people please? I appreciate that ex pat's are getting vaccinated without many problems, but the local take up that interests me. We might plan a holiday at the JV but would like to go out to see friends, but if the local take up is poor or the Covid regulations are not being adhered to, we certainly will have to reconsider. I have heard the vaccine centre is out past the airport, which is not very convenient for many locals, is that correct?
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

There is a vaccine centre this side MT at Gurna hospital.
As for the take up of vaccines there seem to be plenty of people waiting in the queue when ever I have gone.
Why on earth would you want to holiday here anyway, you swore you would never return. Can't get unmelted Mcvities Chocky digestive here you know.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Here's another from the remoaners at woke lefty sky news today 🙄

The shelves are empty of beer 🤣

Screenshot_20210910-175706_Chrome.jpg

Did no one tell Sky news we had 2 full days of hot sunshine from 28C to 30C, people buy lots of beer then 🙄 and shelves get empty, just a normal occurrence when we have hot weather in the UK.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Oh goodness gracious me! I hadn't realised you were suffering so much in the UK.
I am currently gathering together some toilet rolls and another few essentials to send to you all via the Red Cross.
Do please try to be brave and hold out.
Meanwhile back here the weather is cooling down a tad, the sky is blue, the shops are full of all kinds of goodies, happy days.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

carrie wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:52 pm Oh goodness gracious me! I hadn't realised you were suffering so much in the UK.
I am currently gathering together some toilet rolls and another few essentials to send to you all via the Red Cross.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If any remoaners are suffering from shortages, they are more than welcome to come shopping with me, the shelves are always full, I must be a lucky person :lol:

More than half of toilet roll production is made in the UK so I can not see why brexit would cause a problem for that, the pandemic caused a problem with people stockpiling and causing supermarkets to run out of there normal stock, but the manufacturers where saying there warehouses were full. :roll:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Unless the UK media have been infected with collective hysteria and decided, en masse, to disseminate fake news, the major supermarket chains are all reporting problems in their supply chains.

This is reported by, inter alia, the likes of the Mail and Sun....hardly “wokey lefties”.

A number of factors are thought to underly the problem....covid..,and, yes, Brexit. Both have consequences for the availability of drivers.

Whether the supply chain problems have any consequences for supermarket shelves will vary from place to place....and item to item. I haven’t noticed any shortages in East London but it wouldn’t surprise me if there were parts of the country where there were noticeable problems.
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Morocco

Post by John Landon »

I can well imagine that in 5 billion years when the mighty sun dies and the planets in our solar system are sucked into the void, the last words heard in the universe will be.

Bloody Brexiteers. !

😂
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Well after many years I have finally sold my last home in London, anyone who once lived in the East End ten years ago, would be very sad if they returned today, and certainly not just because of Covid. At the moment I am living in Hove and travelling to Bournemouth and Weymouth and everywhere in between each month in search of a new house.

I have checked out many supermarkets throughout these areas, even Southampton, I have seen no shortages, with the exception of here in Hove this week, where I discover there is no 1 litre bottles of Gordon's gin, or Indian tonic.

P.S. - Did I mention the fact that during this week both Tesco and Waitrose are selling Gordon's for £16 a litre. (Not available at either Watney or Crisp Street market.) :wi :wi :wi.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Funnily enough.....

18th August
Is Nando's in Brighton and Hove closed due to food shortages?

Acccording to the Nando’s website, the Brighton Marina restaurant is closed to customers and has stopped its delivery and collection services.

The restaurant has got in touch to say it is open for eat-in and click and collect.

The branch in Goldstone Retail Park, Hove, is open for collection only while the restaurant in Duke Street, Brighton remains open to eat-in customers and for collection.

Responding to upset customers on Twitter, Nando’s described the situation as “a bit of a ‘mare'”.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1952058 ... shortages/

But , not to worry, you can always get blotto on cheap gin :lol: :lol:
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Teddyboy »

I do believe that it is the shortage of HGV drivers which is causing much of the supply chain problems regarding grocery. (And other things!) It's also undeniable that Brexit is amongst the causes of this shortage; simply because the Eastern European slave trade has ceased! It's like Luxor and Hurghada. The Luxor men are quite willing to work in the coastal flesh pots, whilst living like animals, in order to send money back to their families on the Nile; so the Bulgarians or (whatever) were perfectly willing to live in (what would be to us) unacceptable conditions in order to send cash home while working in transport or itinerant farm labouring.
HGV drivers have long been undervalued in Great Britain, and have in the past 20 years or so been loaded down with evermore increasing regulation, which other sectors would not even contemplate!
I well remember, in the 70's, having a long sticker in the windscreen of my wagon which read, "If you've got it, a truck brought it!".
As ye sow, so shall ye reap!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Teddyboy has put his finger on the problem. Food shortages are caused by lorry driver shortages.....which are exacerbated by Brexit.

The Government can’t fix the lorry crisis until it admits it was caused by Brexit
They know that Brexit lies at the heart of what is happening, and that what’s happening must therefore be ignored.

It’s not that the problem can’t be fixed - although it might take some time - but if you’re unable for idealogical reasons to see why there is a problem, then the problem will persist.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/hgv-driver- ... it-1191706
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Ah it must be the frogs legs and polish sausage that are in short supply then, no wonder I did not notice it 🙄
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Teddyboy »

I'm rather surprised that newcastle seems to be in favour of an overarching dictatorship which encourages the enslavement of folk from poorer countries, just to make our own way of life more luxurious and easy.